Closing of Bukit Merah Library 30 Nov 2018

Weez911

Today is the last day of Bukit Merah Library. I have a lot of fond memories of this library as I spent my childhood there.  [bigcry]

I remember a few forum members used to grow up around Redhill, Henderson and Bukit Merah areas. Want to catch up later there? @Angcheek, @Mustank and those I left out? Text me if you going.

Edited by Weez911
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

Today is the last day of Bukit Merah Library. I have a lot of fond memories of this library as I spent my childhood there. [bigcry]

I remember a few forum members used to grow up around Redhill, Henderson and Bukit Merah areas. Want to catch up later there? @Angcheek, @Mustank and those I left out? Text me if you going.

Sorry bro, really can’t make it these weeks

Really trying to clear work in office

• Praise 3

Today is the last day of Bukit Merah Library. I have a lot of fond memories of this library as I spent my childhood there. [bigcry]

I remember a few forum members used to grow up around Redhill, Henderson and Bukit Merah areas. Want to catch up later there? @Angcheek, @Mustank and those I left out? Text me if you going.

Ohh only went there afew times... young time i no like library bec always felt asleep
  • Praise 6

I used to work at the industrial block behind it. Night shift.

Many times I would stay in the library till it closed, then go to work.

Good memories.

There used tho be a coffee shop outside. The clay pot rice and chicken rice were very good.

Btw... is it moving away or rebuilding?

I used to work at the industrial block behind it. Night shift.

Many times I would stay in the library till it closed, then go to work.

Good memories.

There used tho be a coffee shop outside. The clay pot rice and chicken rice were very good.

Btw... is it moving away or rebuilding?

The library is relocating to Vivocity!

For the claypot, it has relocated to Clementi. The standard is still the same, high as ever.

Glad to know this library also brought about good memories for you. I'm always searching for the Asterix and Tin Tin comics there, and the 水浒传 and 三国 books. As I stay at Redhill Close, the library is just across the main road from my old flat.

There was also a posb there last time, and 2 cinemas. I remember it only cost $3.50 for a movie at ground floor, and $4.50 for the upper floor. It was such a treat to watch movies back then with my parents. Nostalgic and fond memories....

• Praise 2

For the claypot, it has relocated to Clementi. The standard is still the same, high as ever.

Glad to know this library also brought about good memories for you. I'm always searching for the Asterix and Tin Tin comics there, and the æ°´æµä¼  and ä¸å½ books. As I stay at Redhill Close, the library is just across the main road from my old flat.

There was also a posb there last time, and 2 cinemas. I remember it only cost $3.50 for a movie at ground floor, and $4.50 for the upper floor. It was such a treat to watch movies back then with my parents. Nostalgic and fond memories....

Sorry. The Claypot rice relocate to Which part of clementi ar.
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Sorry. The Claypot rice relocate to Which part of clementi ar.

Paiseh! it is now at Holland Drive. Need to call them 1 hour before you reach to minimise your wait. Yes, it is still as crowded as ever!

Same old charcoal greatness!

Here are the details:

New Lucky Claypot Rice

Holland Drive Market and Food Centre, 44 Holland Drive, Singapore 270044 (10 min walk from Buona Vista MRT)

Tel: +65 6778 7808

Opening Hours: Lunch 11:00am – 1:00pm, Dinner 5:00pm to 8:00pm (Mon – Tues, Thurs – Sun) Closed on Wed

http://www.facebook.com/New-Lucky-Claypot-Rice-272849129392086/

Not to forget the famous A&W outlet at the corner of the row of shops just outside Jln Bukit Merah. [:p]

A&W is coming back soon! Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 3

Paiseh! it is now at Holland Drive. Need to call them 1 hour before you reach to minimise your wait. Yes, it is still as crowded as ever!

Here are the details:

New Lucky Claypot Rice

Holland Drive Market and Food Centre, 44 Holland Drive, Singapore 270044 (10 min walk from Buona Vista MRT)

Opening Hours: Lunch 11:00am â 1:00pm, Dinner 5:00pm to 8:00pm (Mon â Tues, Thurs â Sun) Closed on Wed

A&W is coming back soon!

Oh this is the very famous one. I didn't know they were originally from queen's Town area.

Here are the details:

New Lucky Claypot Rice

Opening Hours: Lunch 11:00am – 1:00pm, Dinner 5:00pm to 8:00pm (Mon – Tues, Thurs – Sun) Closed on Wed

A&W is coming back soon!

Last time , the A&W near the busstop always got fight one hahaha . Once the whole glass panel was broken . 

• Praise 4

(edited)

Last time , the A&W near the busstop always got fight one hahaha . Once the whole glass panel was broken .

The fights there are not as bad as the ones at Redhill market. There are probably more knives outside the market than inside the fish/meat market haha :) Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

The fights there are not as bad as the ones at Redhill market. There are probably more knives outside the market than inside the fish/meat market haha :)

yes thats true . Redhill side all the real ah beng seng ... those at A&W are mainly "students ". 

different category  :D

• Praise 6

Won't call this a relocation, to us it was just a excuse to close it down and built a new one in a mall to chase crowds and vistorship.  So many letters were written to save it, still sadly it's gone after 36 years. [bigcry]

Yes POSB left, followed by UOB.  I think Regal and Dalit cinemas closed earlier.  The big Mcd under Regal closed and luckily came back after some years.  Still remember Oriental Emporium store under the HDB branch office?   Then the name changed and now its NTUC.

Was the claypot in that coffee-shop just beside the library?  I liked the zi cha stall there, nice beef hotplate. Now its a car showroom. 

Glad to know this library also brought about good memories for you. I'm always searching for the Asterix and Tin Tin comics there, and the 水浒传 and 三国 books. As I stay at Redhill Close, the library is just across the main road from my old flat.

I trying to remember the A&W, was it at the site that is now Brinda's?

• Praise 3

High on beer! I mean rootbeer!
  • Praise 1

Won't call this a relocation, to us it was just a excuse to close it down and built a new one in a mall to chase crowds and vistorship. So many letters were written to save it, still sadly it's gone after 36 years. [bigcry]

Yes POSB left, followed by UOB. I think Regal and Dalit cinemas closed earlier. The big Mcd under Regal closed and luckily came back after some years. Still remember Oriental Emporium store under the HDB branch office? Then the name changed and now its NTUC.

Was the claypot in that coffee-shop just beside the library? I liked the zi cha stall there, nice beef hotplate. Now its a car showroom.

I trying to remember the A&W, was it at the site that is now Brinda's?

Someone of age. Hahaha

Yes..I hope they don't shift the polyclinic to somewhere else with so many poor elderly like me living in the vicinity.

Another to note is the revamped hawker centre. I missed the fishball noodle. The two stalls side by side (first row) facing the regal cinema.

The evening times crow noise also gone. Those there would know what I meant.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1