Closing of Bukit Merah Library 30 Nov 2018

Weez911

A old wet market with some gawker food as well. That ntuc and big bookshop on second floor. CC beside where I shot hoops as well. Many green fields there to catch hoppers and spiders. Even my primary school was there. They closed and supposedly there was a haunted house behind.

Eventually I know it’s probably a black n white colonial house.

I also frequent a CC near Margaret to play basketball, catch hoppers and longkang fish.

Do you by chance study at Keng Seng Primary?? [idea]

I realise i could not find my favourite stall that sell prawn mee and lor mee at the central hawker center liao?! Did the stall closed down liao?

Still there with long queue (lor mee/laska stall) but not sure is it the one you looking.

the library is now under preserved list hence won't be gone. The place will soon be busy again once the surrounding hdb/apartment were up.

Hmm

Please don't shift/remove the Queens town library.

The only library where we can illegal park without getting summon for decades.

Edited by Kopites

A old wet market with some gawker food as well. That ntuc and big bookshop on second floor. CC beside where I shot hoops as well. Many green fields there to catch hoppers and spiders. Even my primary school was there. They closed and supposedly there was a haunted house behind.

Eventually I know it’s probably a black n white colonial house.

i attend pcf kindergarten there in 1972   :D

We had 2!!!!!2 cinemas !!! Queenstown n Queensway!! But they were side by side. Lolol. The Bowling alley had kfc beside and later on a arcade, pool, billiards saloon.

I watched my first Jurassic Park movie there!!! And there was a KTV place in front of this building as well. I was too young to know what it was about back then.

There was a hawker... polyclinic , dental clinic at Margaret drive back then.

Eventually I know itâs probably a black n white colonial house.

Haunted house? You meant those old houses/one storey club house beside the prison?

I also frequent a CC near Margaret to play basketball, catch hoppers and longkang fish.

Cc near margaret? Is it kamping clan cc. Cc along the current Alexandra canal?

Still there with long queue (lor mee/laska stall) but not sure is it the one you looking.

Hmm

What block 38 food centre? Where?

So this stall got sell prawn mee? The stall i was talking about, their prawn mee and lor mee many people buy de. After renovation of the hawker centre, seems like some stalls which i frequent last time missing liao?!

Blk 38 is the building not far from the queenstown cinema/bowling centre. There was one time this building was occupied by a furniture whole saler. Now the building is still there with the surrounding building HDB BTO flats.

Hehe I think ur bit older.

My pri school was Hua yi...

Beside it was Jurong Ville institute. Also closed earlier than us.

Beside HYPS was a special school and then a church and the prison was behind that church.

Haunted house? You meant those old houses/one storey club house beside the prison?

Ya I think it's the same one near to Cresent Girls School?

Hehe I think ur bit older.

My pri school was Hua yi...

Beside it was Jurong Ville institute. Also closed earlier than us.

Beside HYPS was a special school and then a church and the prison was behind that church.

Ok now I recall....
  • Praise 1

Queenstown cc. Ya that big Long Kang.

Many many cinemas. Ok didn’t know it’s 4 XD

I’m not that old. Wasn’t born until 80’s.....

My childhood memories all there

Queenstown cc. Ya that big Long Kang.

Many many cinemas. Ok didn’t know it’s 4 XD

I’m not that old. Wasn’t born until 80’s.....

My childhood memories all there

when i was younger, these cinema wasn't build yet. There were 2 cinema in this building which you probably thought only one.

queenstown-cinema21.jpg

• Praise 2

when i was younger, these cinema wasn't build yet. There were 2 cinema in this building which you probably thought only one.

queenstown-cinema21.jpg

I saw two names, so supposedly it should have two cinema. Lol. 

Would the library attract more readers if it were located in a mall?

Parents would use it as childcare and maid deposit. Definitely expect more foot traffic.

Some bf and hubby will maybe hide there to avoid going shopping with so.

Not sure about reading...

Parents would use it as childcare and maid deposit. Definitely expect more foot traffic.

Some bf and hubby will maybe hide there to avoid going shopping with so.

Not sure about reading...

Many people go library to sleep or blow aircon during hot weather. Lol.

This used to be the wet market in this area......

And some small pet fish stall...

Some duck rice stall outside and porridge stall???...

Used to have a famous chicken rice at this blk 38. And think the chicken rice stall has moved to mei ling street hawker centre.

Chicken rice confirmed. That I know of.

Boon kee or something.

The CKT stall is at Telok Blangah crescent blk 19/20 hawker.

The old school western I recalled seeing it somewhere... can’t remember now.... 夜来香

And in the other property thread. ...

This just in. The old Queenstown cinema plot will be built new cinema and shopping .. lol

Library should be safe now. A lot of visitors soon.

↡ Advertisement