Closing of Bukit Merah Library 30 Nov 2018

Weez911

Chicken rice confirmed. That I know of.

Boon kee or something.

The CKT stall is at Telok Blangah crescent blk 19/20 hawker.

The old school western I recalled seeing it somewhere... can’t remember now.... 夜来香

And in the other property thread. ...

This just in. The old Queenstown cinema plot will be built new cinema and shopping .. lol

Library should be safe now. A lot of visitors soon.

You mean the famous chicken rice at blk 38 now at telok blangah?

↡ Advertisement

Ok......

Char kway Teoh is at Telok Blangah crescent

Chick rice is at meiling st ...

The famous CKT at telok blangah was from blk 38?  :o

Ok......

Char kway Teoh is at Telok Blangah crescent

Chick rice is at meiling st ...

Char kway Teoh worthy ? any recommended time to go ?  :D

• Praise 1

Ya I think it's the same one near to Cresent Girls School?

Ok now I recall....

You are OLD .......  :D  No hard feeling (<-- doesnt sound very right  [:|]  ) 

post-59158-0-58562300-1543828570.gif

• Praise 1

Last time I go Bukit Merah swimming pool to swim

Then go Bukit Merah central to jiak dinner

Then walk home

My parents brought me to watch temple of doom in the old cinema

Later the cinema become church

Then I go that that church found my wife

Then we two so happy, we go book flat in hdb Bukit Merah hq

Last time my parent old house in blk 130 Bukit Merah view, We stay 20 floor. Beautiful view, I enjoyed the view for 20 years

Every time raining, I will wake up go the kitchen to see

Really really beautiful

Can see tangs and beyond 

Now I go Bukit Merah jiak nana curry :grin:

I love Bukit Merah

I also freq the swimming pool ...  2 to 3 times a week. Then will go central eat the Lor mee. 

Later the cinema become church <---- I think , by now you know why the Cinema became Chuch after you visited that place rite ? ............  [grin]  

I stay oppo the Tiong Bahru Park in the 80s .... Alot of trees and open space . Beautiful when it rain too. 

Sometime can see alot of Thongs too .  :D

NANA curry henderson from Dover ... know them for a long time 

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 3

Char kway Teoh worthy ? any recommended time to go ?  :D

The telok blangah CKT always long queue after it is opened, dont think have any recommended time to go. I was there on a sat 7pm plus, forgotten waited for how long but remembered waited very long lo. CKT taste is towards more sweet.

You are right, found a photo at https://remembersingapore.org/aw-restaurant-at-bukit-merah-central-1980s/

aw-restaurant-at-bukit-merah-central-198

That time, when KFC first opened, only a few steps away, I still can remember, wow, the KFC original chicken was so yummy and so BIG, really missed it. 

Yes. thats the place.  KFC was on the other end of this block . The original KFC was fantastic !  

It was later bought over and the taste was gone . During that time , KFC was consider a luxury . I dont 

think I had more than 3 times during my entire teenage. 

I used to work at the McD nearby during school holiday and got to eat Filet O fish all the time , till u wan to vomit .  :XD:  We would try to work longer hours (over 6 hrs) to get the chicken burger.  But the manager very meow one , always kick us out after 5 hrs.  [:|]

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 2

The telok blangah CKT always long queue after it is opened, dont think have any recommended time to go. I was there on a sat 7pm plus, forgotten waited for how long but remembered waited very long lo. CKT taste is towards more sweet.

oh ...... like that I will give it a miss . I not a food person , so wont waste time waiting . 

thanks for the adv.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

(edited)

I also freq the swimming pool ... 2 to 3 times a week. Then will go central eat the Lor mee.

Later the cinema become church <---- I think , by now you know why the Cinema became Chuch after you visited that place rite ? ............ [grin]

I stay oppo the Tiong Bahru Park in the 80s .... Alot of trees and open space . Beautiful when it rain too.

Sometime can see alot of Thongs too . :D

NANA curry henderson from Dover ... know them for a long time

Many words but I only saw "Thongs" in capital letter. :)

You are OLD ....... :D No hard feeling (<-- doesnt sound very right [:|] )

200.gif

I'm not as old as those who wear bell-bottoms to Queenstown lor. :) Edited by Weez911

Many words but I only saw "Thongs" in capital letter. :)

I'm not as old as those who wear bell-bottoms to Queenstown lor. :)

alot of runners in the evening at the park ...  :D  

those with bell btm at queenstown should be our teachers . I rem they still wore that  :D

• Praise 3

80s got people wear thongs in public?

Only when it rains .....  [grin]  when I was at that age , cant tell the different what was Thong .  <_<

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Only when it rains ..... [grin] when I was at that age , cant tell the different what was Thong . <_<

And I thought it was a typo for things.

Yes. thats the place. KFC was on the other end of this block . The original KFC was fantastic !

It was later bought over and the taste was gone . During that time , KFC was consider a luxury . I dont

I used to work at the McD nearby during school holiday and got to eat Filet O fish all the time , till u wan to vomit . :XD: We would try to work longer hours (over 6 hrs) to get the chicken burger. But the manager very meow one , always kick us out after 5 hrs. [:|]

Didn't know you need to clock certain working hours to get the type of burger you can eat in MacD de? Lol.

oh ...... like that I will give it a miss . I not a food person , so wont waste time waiting .

thanks for the adv. [thumbsup]

Can go try at least one time to see how come the CKT stall so long queue la. But you cannot queue when you are very hungry, cause you might faint while queueing. Lol.
  • Praise 1

Yes. thats the place.  KFC was on the other end of this block . The original KFC was fantastic !  

I used to work at the McD nearby during school holiday and got to eat Filet O fish all the time , till u wan to vomit .  :XD:  We would try to work longer hours (over 6 hrs) to get the chicken burger.  But the manager very meow one , always kick us out after 5 hrs.  [:|]

Last time KFC used the real utensils and cutlery. Like eating in high class restaurant.

Sad that they stopped years later. 

↡ Advertisement