Closing of Bukit Merah Library 30 Nov 2018

Weez911

Last time KFC used the real utensils and cutlery. Like eating in high class restaurant.

Sad that they stopped years later.

They don't even give straws now. I lost count of the number of times I saw people spilling their cold drinks because they are not covered. In the end their poor staff have to wipe... :(
  • Praise 1

Last time KFC used the real utensils and cutlery. Like eating in high class restaurant.

Sad that they stopped years later.

Last time it is atas to eat in kfc.

Used to have a famous chicken rice at this blk 38. And think the chicken rice stall has moved to mei ling street hawker centre.

yeah, this chicken rice stall moved over to blk 38 ( became air conditioned) when the margaret drive hawker center was torn down...

another store was at meiling st hawker which they sayis opened by one of the brother

(many years back, at alexandra village hawker center, another one of the brother also open a chicken store but closed down pretty soon though...)

That place is now a ghost town.

I remembered it with emporium on the 2nd floor. And there were those 20 cents ride in the middle of the building on the 2nd floor.

Once while I was riding it (once in a long while treat), the machine conked up and kept going without stopping. I rode it for like 15 min, got sian and let the next kid take over.

• Praise 1

wah this 14 storey famous for suicide... :wacko:

This was my home I grew up in.

Will cry when reminisce....

Still took a picture of the plaque where queen elizabeth came here and open ceremony!!!!

Char kway Teoh worthy ? any recommended time to go ? :D

Sad to say. My childhood memory of that ckt tasted the best!!!

Ate once and found it not nice. I remember the uncle gave 10+ sea guns per plate back then. Big n juicy. Now small n just few pc. Lol

• Praise 1

This was my home I grew up in.

Will cry when reminisce....

Still took a picture of the plaque where queen elizabeth came here and open ceremony!!!!

[thumbsup]  filled great memories..any eerie story to share?

No ghosts story ... haha

The block was called forfar house. And back then some of my friends thought I stayed in condo. Lol.

The carpark was called forfar square. Shaped like one.

Anyway the same plot enbloc under sers even when they say would not tear it down Long time ago. ...

No ghosts story ... haha

The block was called forfar house. And back then some of my friends thought I stayed in condo. Lol.

Anyway the same plot enbloc under sers even when they say would not tear it down Long time ago. ...

it was indeed very unique and they should have preserved it :a-panic:

almost applied the bto there when it was announced

• Praise 1

wah this 14 storey famous for suicide... :wacko:

How many suicide cases happened? This 14 storey always have picture show the front part, wonder any picture show the other side of the building le?

No ghosts story ... haha

This forfar house design indeed very special and unique. But the block a bit too long and big, dont think they would preserve and keep it. Furthermore this block was said to be famous for suicide, better tear it down.

Reading this thread is so funny, talk talk from bukit merah until Queenstown. Anyway, i am not familiar with these two areas. I am a Balestier boy.

• Praise 6

Reading this thread is so funny, talk talk from bukit merah until Queenstown. Anyway, i am not familiar with these two areas. I am a Balestier boy.ð

Because Bkt Merah and Queenstown share a common theme - used to be thriving towns, and now not the same anymore...

And a good few of us grew up there, so there were many good things to talk about and share. :)

• Praise 3

Reading this thread is so funny, talk talk from bukit merah until Queenstown. Anyway, i am not familiar with these two areas. I am a Balestier boy.

• Praise 1

Because Bkt Merah and Queenstown share a common theme - used to be thriving towns, and now not the same anymore...

And a good few of us grew up there, so there were many good things to talk about and share. :)

Queenstown... gotta wait till those new condos get built lor.

↡ Advertisement