• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
238 replies to this topic | 211 praises

Posted 16 December 2018 - 04:36 PM

2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Avante bidding gonna come in this round? Any chance of coe not increasing?

Dont think the avante will have great effect on the coming coe, since kmc just continue selling this car like the elantra.
When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:28 PM

Pisces
  • Premium member
    Pisces
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dont think the avante will have great effect on the coming coe, since kmc just continue selling this car like the elantra.

Ermmm... I think will hv some effect leh... coz they hv been collecting pre-launch orders since early Nov. I'm not sure how many pre-launch orders they hv... but it means there r backlogs for them to clear this time round. Plus I'm pretty sure they will also hv new orders over this weekend. So definitely will hv some effect on Dec 2nd bidding... maybe even overflow to Jan if their pre-launch is so successful.

My guess is at best it will stay in the range of 25k.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:44 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

ehhh were cars ever $500,000 or $1 M? [:p] [:/]

Anyway I waiting to move in for my Honda City [inlove] [laugh]. Maybe Christmas 2019 I still posting this [:p]

I thought u always wanted manual?

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:50 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I thought u always wanted manual?

Yup. Driving one now. Just that low coe makes it tempting to change cars.

My original plan is to keep the manual for 4 years then change but now coe is so low....

Why 4 years cos of PARF which is highest before 5 years and from experience Korean cars after 4 years need to undergo expensive repairs liao.

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:10 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My original plan is to keep the manual for 4 years then change but now coe is so low....

Why 4 years cos of PARF which is highest before 5 years and from experience Korean cars after 4 years need to undergo expensive repairs liao.

So which color you bought?

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:21 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

So which color you bought?

White. You talking about the accent right?

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:40 AM

Sleon383
  • Sleon383
    Clutched
    Author Image

Any thoughts on the next coe this week? Up or down?

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:45 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It’s only minimal diff in parf. 5% of arf paid is 1-2k at most.

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:49 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

U willing to stomach super high loss?
They might only take in your car at scrap plus a few k.

Reasons:
Accent doesn't sell
Manual doesn't sell
Coe falling

Edited by Friendstar, 17 December 2018 - 08:51 AM.

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:05 AM

assiak71
  • assiak71
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Any thoughts on the next coe this week? Up or down?

Predict between 23568 and 25000

2019: https://www.channeln...owdown-11038052

Edited by assiak71, 17 December 2018 - 09:18 AM.

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:11 AM

Scion
  • Scion
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

are the car showrooms crowded last weekend? :D

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:35 AM

aprilfool22
  • aprilfool22
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

are the car showrooms crowded last weekend? :D

ya super crowded

i mean both Woodland and Tuas checkpoint

so many sinkies ghost jb

u say car showrooms crowded or not ??

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:44 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

U willing to stomach super high loss?
They might only take in your car at scrap plus a few k.

Reasons:
Accent doesn't sell
Manual doesn't sell
Coe falling

The loss I can stomach if I really want the car. Right now I want the car not to the "really" level yet.

Right now if I have money for the downpayment I throw it into unit trusts for passive income. And with less money in my bank account, thr temptation to spend is not there.

When I really want it then I will buy. There is an even chance next year Christmas I will still be posting on this.
Ct3833 praised this

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:58 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The loss I can stomach if I really want the car. Right now I want the car not to the "really" level yet.

Right now if I have money for the downpayment I throw it into unit trusts for passive income. And with less money in my bank account, thr temptation to spend is not there.

When I really want it then I will buy. There is an even chance next year Christmas I will still be posting on this.

Wise decision Philip. By the way, if one will to buy new at high COE cycle and buy new again around 10 years time during the next high cycle, the average annual depreciation over 20 years may be higher than one who buy high, cut loss half way to buy a new one at lower COE like now.
It all depends on how much one pays for the two cars in total, you may want to do some simulation and see if your case fits the scenario described.

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:14 PM

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    Author Image

As always the case, in a falling COE climate, the group that enjoy the most are those with cars at 9/10 yr old, and those with COE renewed.

Ody_2004 praised this

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:20 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Expect Cat A to correct to $20k by early next year.

China's economy losing steam

DONGGUAN (China) • China's consumers and businesses are losing confidence. Car sales have plunged. The housing market is stumbling. Some factories are letting workers off for the Chinese New Year holiday two months early.

China's economy has slowed sharply in recent months, presenting perhaps the biggest challenge to President Xi Jinping in his six years of rule.

https://www.straitst...am?xtor=CS11-86

Good insights!! Love reading your tips!!

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:13 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Those with COE renewed already lose the parf value. What is there to enjoy?

As always the case, in a falling COE climate, the group that enjoy the most are those with cars at 9/10 yr old, and those with COE renewed.

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:14 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

$20k coe???
time to change car ... huat ah!

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

Roh96
  • Roh96
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Those with COE renewed already lose the parf value. What is there to enjoy?

Lose parf consider good liao. How much is typical parf? Let say 6 to 10k lah, compared to those bot at high coe and now fetch only paper+body, which is worse?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe, bid, dec, bidding, december and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users