• Search this thread
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic | 1,061 praises

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:15 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Time and time again MCF members keep on comparing the prices, specs and features of the cars sold in Singapore to other countries. They lament that they have been short changed by the ADs. Local cars lack this and that when we are paying so much more.

Do understand that Singapore has a unique tax structure for the cars it imports. The democratic system is also unique. So stop comparing and be happy.

Picnic06-Biante15, Vinceng, Nate4x4 and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:33 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Time and time again MCF members keep on comparing the prices, specs and features of the cars sold in Singapore to other countries. They lament that they have been short changed by the ADs. Local cars lack this and that when we are paying so much more.

Do understand that Singapore has a unique tax structure for the cars it imports. The democratic system is also unique. So stop comparing and be happy.

Ok sir.. we should all listen and bow in your awesomeness. Nobody shld have any thoughts of their own in this free forum ...  

people who dont listen to you and what you want are so silly and shld go to their quiet little corners and repent..  

yea sure .. watever

159er, BabyBlade, SiLangKia, Logtas, Theoldjaffa, Ct3833, Zxcvb, 10 other members and 3 Anonymous members praised this
Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:37 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Ok sir.. we should all listen and bow in your awesomeness. Nobody shld have any thoughts of their own in this free forum ...

people who dont listen to you and what you want are so silly and shld go to their quiet little corners and repent..

yea sure .. watever

If it makes you happy...then ok. No need attitude to me. It's just a discussion topic

Edited by RogerNg_185295, 04 December 2018 - 04:02 PM.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:54 PM

Fastfive1
  • Premium member
    Fastfive1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

haha you first time in singapore ah? singaporeans love to complain. it's pretty normal. but lets face it cars in singapore are overpriced and under spec-ed. In singapore we care too much about face value so even if it means getting an underpowered version of the car, a lot of singaporeans will still buy because they want the badge. just look at how many BMW wannabes there are out there. they are willing to settle for a pathetic 1.5l 3 cylinder turbo charged engine instead of getting the 2l turbo. learn to live with such things la

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:00 PM

BabyBlade

Stop complaining about MCF members constantly comparing prices, specs and features of cars sold in SG to other countries. This "phenomenon" is not exclusive to MCF members. In fact, we compare just about almost everything we can possibly think of, not just cars. 

We compare variant to variant of the same model, we compare model to model across different brands. 

And that is also why we have the comparison feature on sgCarMart. I'm in love with the latest i30 N and I compare it all the time to the GTI and the Type R.   [laugh]

hyundai i30.jpg

i30.jpg

We compare just about everything, sometimes apple to apple, sometimes apple to banana, and really it's just about everything. It's unfair to say stop comparing and be happy just because you don't compare. Ignore them if it really irks you so much!  [:)]

Indeed we are paying so much more. But who's to say who is wrong or right anyway? The rich buy without comparing or complaining, the middle income will compare and complain before buying, the lower income will compare, complain and still not be able to buy (at least for now) but that doesn't mean they can't compare or even complain.

I think in general most people are happy here but I've been noticing your displeasure towards comparison threads etc.

In your own words with a twist, stop complaining and be happy. You're better off starting the next Most Worthy Thread of the Month and win some vouchers. [flowerface]

SiLangKia, Brass, Buadongdong, Spring, kykh, Theoldjaffa, DACH, 12 other members and 1 Anonymous member praised this
I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:03 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Stop complaining about MCF members constantly comparing prices, specs and features of cars sold in SG to other countries. This "phenomenon" is not exclusive to MCF members. In fact, we compare just about almost everything we can possibly think of, not just cars.

We compare variant to variant of the same model, we compare model to model across different brands.

And that is also why we have the comparison feature on sgCarMart. I'm in love with the latest i30 N and I compare it all the time to the GTI and the Type R. [laugh]

hyundai i30.jpg
i30.jpg

We compare just about everything, sometimes apple to apple, sometimes apple to banana, and really it's just about everything. It's unfair to say stop comparing and be happy just because you don't compare. Ignore them if it really irks you so much! [:)]

Indeed we are paying so much more. But who's to say who is wrong or right anyway? The rich buy without comparing or complaining, the middle income will compare and complain before buying, the lower income will compare, complain and still not be able to buy (at least for now) but that doesn't mean they can't compare or even complain.

I think in general most people are happy here but I've been noticing your displeasure towards comparison threads etc.

In your own words with a twist, stop complaining and be happy. [flowerface]

Yes I am happy.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:04 PM

BabyBlade

Yes I am happy.

You don't seem happy. You seem grumpy.  [smash]

RogerNg_185295, Ct3833 and Jamesc praised this

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:05 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

haha you first time in singapore ah? singaporeans love to complain. it's pretty normal. but lets face it cars in singapore are overpriced and under spec-ed. In singapore we care too much about face value so even if it means getting an underpowered version of the car, a lot of singaporeans will still buy because they want the badge. just look at how many BMW wannabes there are out there. they are willing to settle for a pathetic 1.5l 3 cylinder turbo charged engine instead of getting the 2l turbo. learn to live with such things la

I have to agree with you 3 cylinder in a bmw do no justice to the brand. But it's still selling well. Another unique thing about spore lor

You don't seem happy. You seem grumpy. [smash]

Oh... grumpy...Yep ... a bit lor

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:15 PM

Fastfive1
  • Premium member
    Fastfive1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I have to agree with you 3 cylinder in a bmw do no justice to the brand. But it's still selling well. Another unique thing about spore lor
Oh... grumpy...Yep ... a bit lor

Yeah it is selling so well. But it sucks compared to my inline 6. A lot of first time conti car buyers. All of them are shocked by the cool features some of the conti cars come with. These things have been around for damn long. It has been refined over the years that's all. These are the people who have been living under a rock not wanting to touch conti cars because it is expensive, etc...

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:44 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

And that is also why we have the comparison feature on sgCarMart. I'm in love with the latest i30 N and I compare it all the time to the GTI and the Type R.   [laugh]

attachicon.gifhyundai i30.jpg

attachicon.gifi30.jpg

We compare just about everything, sometimes apple to apple, sometimes apple to banana, and really it's just about everything. It's unfair to say stop comparing and be happy just because you don't compare. Ignore them if it really irks you so much!  [:)]

In your own words with a twist, stop complaining and be happy. You're better off starting the next Most Worthy Thread of the Month and win some vouchers. [flowerface]

Well said. This thread is pointless. Forum is where people come to share, learn and is open for all as far as automotives are concern and that include comparison. Either join in and be constructive or leave it.

Edited by Heartbreakid, 04 December 2018 - 04:50 PM.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Well said. This thread is pointless. Forum is where people come to share, learn and is open for all as far as automotives are concern and that include comparison.

Isn't this a topic for discussion? If comparing makes one happy, then go ahead. If it makes one angry, then why compare?

Edited by RogerNg_185295, 04 December 2018 - 04:52 PM.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Isn't this a topic for discussion? If comparing makes one happy, then go ahead. If it makes one angry, then why compare?

There is nothing to discuss about in this thread. [smash]  Relax  :XD: 

Ct3833 praised this

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:15 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

LKYQ7.jpg

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

If it makes you happy...then ok. No need attitude to me. It's just a discussion topic

a bit oxymoron leh

this in bold is an instruction. Not a discussion.

LKYQ7.jpg

some good that is, when all the better jobs are now given to someone who knows someone, rather than meritocracy 

Theoldjaffa praised this

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:33 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Well said. This thread is pointless. Forum is where people come to share, learn and is open for all as far as automotives are concern and that include comparison. Either join in and be constructive or leave it.

First hes telling people to STOP complaining.

Now he says it's a discussion.

Roger ah Roger.. up to his antics again 🤣
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:41 PM

Heartbreakid
  • Heartbreakid
    5th Gear
    Author Image

First hes telling people to STOP complaining.

Now he says it's a discussion.

Roger ah Roger.. up to his antics again ð¤£

😂

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:55 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

And that is also why we have the comparison feature on sgCarMart. I'm in love with the latest i30 N and I compare it all the time to the GTI and the Type R. [laugh]

hyundai i30.jpg
i30.jpg

We compare just about everything, sometimes apple to apple, sometimes apple to banana, and really it's just about everything. It's unfair to say stop comparing and be happy just because you don't compare. Ignore them if it really irks you so much! [:)]

Let's compare who are the worst MCFers in MCF and STOP responding to them? :grin:
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:12 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

every body way of thinking is different ma.

if it make u angry ,u should not even read it.

it already effect u to the point that u need to start a thread on it already .

Ct3833, SiLangKia and Tianmo praised this

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:16 PM

BabyBlade

Let's compare who are the worst MCFers in MCF and STOP responding to them? :grin:

I don’t know anything hor. Actually just wanna take this thread to say I really like the i30 N over the GTI and Type R. Lol.

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:21 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Taking the thread at face value, there is still some value in talking about the OMV of cars vs how much ADs (or even PIs) charge for them.

Quite a few people take the self-import route, with all the attendant hassles. The rewards, even without anything unethical can be savings of tens of thousands in marginal costs.

We cannot debate the tax structure of Singapore (OK, we can, but it's pissing in the face of a gale-force wind).

We *can* discuss the cheapest (but not necessarily most hassle-free) way of bringing our dream car into Singapore.

Edited by Turboflat4, 04 December 2018 - 06:23 PM.

Sdf4786k and Tianmo praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top
SgCarMart Quotz

Tags: singapore;compare;countries and 8 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users