Soft drinks also wanna tax?

ChaosMyth

Use it to lose weight. ð

Water coolers are not good either.

Saw people use it to wash hands or spit on it. ð¤®

Of course can't stop the no social etiquette people.

Psychological thing lah. Use tap water most people don't like.

And some tap water has a taste. Different from the water cooler. Even though come from the same pipes. I've experienced this in several parks.

↡ Advertisement

During NS, all of us drank tap water, right ? [laugh]

We also drank from plastic water bottles which could be subjected to heat when placed under sun....especially during outfield.

Where got see what plastic type and if microplastic will leak into water if heated under the sun.

Upon hearing "Drink-up..."

Everyone just grab the bottle and start drinking.

Turbocharged

Just buy a good water bottle. Top up at home and drink from it when outside.

Saves your dollars (buying any liquid from outside, doctor fees, new pants from expanding waistline), the earth from another plastic waste (bottled drinks), your waist line and eventual health.

• Praise 3

During NS, all of us drank tap water, right ? [laugh]

Im still OK cos we drink from Jerry can etc. So simi water also drink before.

But anyone can taste that toilet tap water taste different. I tried both Saf camp, outside park. Even though the water cooler is just outside its different.

I once gave my wife to drink park tap water, she doesn't like it. Even I also find the taste off.

It may have. I sometimes drink regular coke. And somehow doesn't taste like I remembered it... Whereas coke zero or coke light taste the same.

Honestly drinking water bottles really really waste a lot of plastic just for that bottle. Sometimes I order water for texas chicken, I also feel damn wasted. And I really have no need for the 500ml bottle.

I much prefer that every retail building and all public facilities in Singapore have at least one water cooler per floor. Just the basic water cooler will be fine.

Water cooler is good but the cooler also must maintain la, if not you are drinking 'dirty'' water.

We also drank from plastic water bottles which could be subjected to heat when placed under sun....especially during outfield.

Where got see what plastic type and if microplastic will leak into water if heated under the sun.

Upon hearing "Drink-up..."

Everyone just grab the bottle and start drinking.

Just buy a good water bottle. Top up at home and drink from it when outside.

Saves your dollars (buying any liquid from outside, doctor fees, new pants from expanding waistline), the earth from another plastic waste (bottled drinks), your waist line and eventual health.

Agreed. I got water bottle with me virtually all the time. But sometimes I eat the fast food meal set at work got drink lol

I think the mind plays a part. If you fill their bottle with tap water and don't tell them, see what they say ?

My wife, as with most older people, insist on boiling tap water. I'm quite tempted to buy a water test kit to find out the truth about our tap water and boiling water.

I boil all my water at home. You never know if someone dump a body into the water tank lol...

But outside drink water cooler lor.

I don't think so. There's definitely a taste difference. Even saf, different Jerry cans have different taste lol.

There's definitely a difference, just that most people don't drink from the tap. At most rinse their mouth. With water dispensers in most malls now for babies.

Edited by Lala81

Agreed. I got water bottle with me virtually all the time. But sometimes I eat the fast food meal set at work got drink lol

I boil all my water at home. You never know if someone dump a body into the water tank lol...

But outside drink water cooler lor.

I don't think so. There's definitely a taste difference. Even saf, different Jerry cans have different taste lol.

There's definitely a difference, just that most people don't drink from the tap. At most rinse their mouth. With water dispensers in most malls now for babies.

During army no one would hesitant or scare the water source is not clean, and we just drink from tap directly and from jerry cans. Nobody would question if the jerry can is clean or not. And we all survive through NS and no hear before people got poison or die from drinking those water. Lol. But now people so careful on the water source, nobody dare to drink water directly from tap at home, and water must be boil or filter than can drink. And water from outside if take from toilet or commercial building, no one dare to drink?!

• Praise 1

True that. Though you wonder what else goes into the water, other than "taste". [laugh]

I had diarrhoea just rinsing my mouth with tap water in India. Learnt a hard lesson to only put bottled water inside my mouth there. 

Another time, diarrhoea from a sealed and popular-brand bottled water in China (likely a fake or re-bottled) bought from convenience store.

We are fortunate to have safe drinking water from our taps.

Our tap water in Singapore is generally safe. But training overseas, there will be bottled water. 

In many countries, tap water is not safe without boiling. Like you said even you rinse your mouth also can LS.

Very good points and I concur.

But one concern here is that product that does not attract sugar tax might not ended up be cheaper than those that are taxed, 'cos manufacturers can always claim higher R&D / materials cost, while retailers may act blur and price all soft drink within a same price range, and not forgetting the most important of all, there is always cheaper alternatives for junk product (look at liquor, cigarettes and you will get what I mean).

Sadly in most cases (99.99%), it is about not raiding the reserve, if you get my drift.

I have a very simple suggestion: Starting with all community events, no more packet drinks, only mineral / drinking water. Save cost and stay healthy.

It is possible for retailers to price up everything but there are many players in this field, so if your competitors don't follow suit, you will lose business. More likely this will encourage manufacturers to introduce healthier all alternatives to protect their margins.

sugar tax is nonsense.

just like water tax.

ya ... how can tax on basic necessity items .... Tax oxygen we breath better . 

MIW must have lose money until LS so now digging from commoner .  

• Praise 3

ya ... how can tax on basic necessity items .... Tax oxygen we breath better . 

MIW must have lose money until LS so now digging from commoner .  

Dont worry, think sooner or later they will have oxygen tax?! Basically they can tax on everything and anything if they want.

Very good points and I concur.

But one concern here is that product that does not attract sugar tax might not ended up be cheaper than those that are taxed, 'cos manufacturers can always claim higher R&D / materials cost, while retailers may act blur and price all soft drink within a same price range, and not forgetting the most important of all, there is always cheaper alternatives for junk product (look at liquor, cigarettes and you will get what I mean).

醉翁之意不在酒 。  :D  

• Praise 1

Dont worry, think sooner or later they will have oxygen tax?! Basically they can tax on everything and anything if they want.

maybe also death Tax ..... if U die early , they will tax $100K or more from ur cpf for the loses if you did not die , benchmarking everyone shall live till 90. 

:D

• Praise 2

Time to migrate then.

During army no one would hesitant or scare the water source is not clean, and we just drink from tap directly and from jerry cans. Nobody would question if the jerry can is clean or not. And we all survive through NS and no hear before people got poison or die from drinking those water. Lol. But now people so careful on the water source, nobody dare to drink water directly from tap at home, and water must be boil or filter than can drink. And water from outside if take from toilet or commercial building, no one dare to drink?!

you never heard of tekong cough? sure got no poison in the water?