Soft drinks also wanna tax?

ChaosMyth

Basket, then those who got low blood pressure which need to take more sugar when they encountered blood pressure low how huh?

I do feel dizzy sometime and a soft drink or a sweet will solve the problem. Now I need to pay more to solve the problem?

They did not ban sweets lo, you can buy sweets to eat instead. Actually if they want to ban high sugar food stuff, think not only soft drink. There are many others food stuff can be high in sugar, like jam, 3 in 1 beverage, sauce etc. They need to review everything that have sugar content?!

↡ Advertisement

250 yrs ago opium was the elixir of many.

Relief pain and aches.

150 yrs smoking is for social elite and then spread to masses as the best form of relaxation that enhances well being.

130+yrs ago world largest sugary beverage company created sweet, fizzy dark and highly addictive drinks.

2 years ago WHO announced all preserve and red meat are carcinogenic.

Soon there will be restriction on all toxic consumables that for once were meant to enhance well being but now detrimental to health.

Will be tax heavily, age restriction then outright ban.

100yrs from now with all the toxic consumables out of reach to most of the mass, reliance on mobile devices deepens.

But soon found to be detrimental to health. Bad for fingers, wrists, necks and eyes.

All mobile devices banned and organically powered embedded devices become a norm.

All human able to communicate wirelessly through embedded devices like telepathic.

Edited by Atonchia
  • Praise 1

Basket, then those who got low blood pressure which need to take more sugar when they encountered blood pressure low how huh?

I do feel dizzy sometime and a soft drink or a sweet will solve the problem. Now I need to pay more to solve the problem?

Most probably will pay more if they push for the sugar tax bill in parliament.

I have cut sugar intake for more than 10yrs. Minimal intake, people gave the weird look when I decline orders for desserts.

But still take natural sweet atuff from fruits and carbohydrates from staple food.

Good to cut sugar intake, not due to scare diabetes but overall sugar is really no good for health. But too bad in our daily food intake, it is really hard to cut sugar. So many food have sugar in them. Example the most common food that we eat everyday which is bread.

• Praise 4

What's the point? You ban sugar drinks, those who seek a sugar rush will get their fix from other sources anyway. Ban ice cream, ban bubble tea, ban desserts la.

Anyway, this straits times article did not really articulate MOH intentions correctly. Suggest those with time to go to MOH website to read the original release article, the recommendations sound more do able and reasonable.

• Praise 6

The french just told their govt to suck it when they tried to implement a fuel tax. Singaporeans don't even know an additional fuel tax was imposed a few years back.

Sugar tax? What sugar tax?

• Praise 1

Frenchie got guts indeed.

Here anything can tax they want to tax la.

Waiting for the day they want to tax the air we breathe. Probably install a chip inside us to measure the air intake.

• Praise 1

Cialat! Gov will ban me because girls says i am so sweet until can kana diabetes....

If you are lucky maybe not total ban.

Probably only that part that identified as sweet spot.

Be careful though....just make sure no one calls you sweet heart or honey.

• Praise 1

If you are lucky maybe not total ban.

Probably only that part that identified as sweet spot.

Be careful though....just make sure no one calls you sweet heart or honey.

need to potong away har....

Already got fuel tax, air (carbon) tax, water tax, alcohol tax, now sugar tax, salt, carbo, meats, gluten and fats also labeled as bad food, they will be next. Until we all can only eat grass without being taxed!

Edited by Volvobrick

Already got fuel tax, air (carbon) tax, water tax, alcohol tax, now sugar tax, salt, carbo, meats, gluten and fats also labeled as bad food, they will be next. Until we all can only eat grass without being taxed!

as they say......there are several ways to skin a cat!

I think it’s OK lah ... the mfg will just have to reduce sugar lah , as usual there will be new sugared drinks marketed like with Stevia ;not outright ban ...... maybe next time want high sugar coke must Kenna buy from Duty free ..... it’s trending anyway around the world and Singapore has already got high life expectancy rates in the world ; so that means that @radx not doing his usual rounds

• Praise 2

What's the point? You ban sugar drinks, those who seek a sugar rush will get their fix from other sources anyway. Ban ice cream, ban bubble tea, ban desserts la.

Anyway, this straits times article did not really articulate MOH intentions correctly. Suggest those with time to go to MOH website to read the original release article, the recommendations sound more do able and reasonable.

Lethal Striking right.

Might as well die la. How people eat also must control? Getting worse than nanny state. 

Eat more sugar also die one day, eat less sugar also have to die one day. 

At the end of the day, it's all about money. 

Want to tax then tax. Piss off a lot more people, and earlier all these clowns being voted out. 

I think it’s OK lah ... the mfg will just have to reduce sugar lah , as usual there will be new sugared drinks marketed like with Stevia ;not outright ban ...... maybe next time want high sugar coke must Kenna buy from Duty free ..... it’s trending anyway around the world and Singapore has already got high life expectancy rates in the world ; so that means that @radx not doing his usual rounds

So high life expectancy for what?

Work and tax until you die to pay their million dollar salaries?

Die earlier better.

Next time by 1130pm must go to sleep. It’s good for you.

Nation wide curfew?

Worse than DPRK.