Singapore-KL ties hit by disputes over waters and airspace

StreetFight3r

They need a bogeyman to distract whats happening over there......Seafield temple issue, Najib's growing support over PH inept leadership with many saying that ph won with lies, empty promises and slander. This coming weekend's opposition rally/demo will surely put pressure on PH leadership and Singapore is just the best bogeyman to distract and unify the country.

• Praise 7

See it from their pt of view:

Water price - johor has been experiencing their own water shortages and they are practically giving us the raw water that they have

Crooked bridge - the current landbridge at the causeway doesn't allow for marine traffic to johor ports. Singapore is being selfish and protective of our own ports but what about msia's interest? We can refuse to build an oversea bridge and keep our land portion and they build their crooked part - anything wrong if they pay for it?

Don't know the legality of it but on the surface, they have many ways to tekan seletar airport.

Just need to designate 1 field in pasir gudang for kite flying competition every Saturday and drone flying hobby on Sunday. Inform Seletar 1 day in advance. GG already.

That is why we are investing on our own water production and be less dependent on M'sia on water because this concern will never ends. M'sia is very eager for the day to come when the contract ends to stop water supply at their disadvantages to SG. Because of the contract, they have no choice but to give water supply priority to us. And we help M'sia to process water and send it back to them as well. Their Sultan even thank us for assisting them when they are in water crisis too. This was reported on Yahoo earlier this year.

Speaking of SG being selfish and protective of our own ports. When we talked about survival, we basically will be selfish and ignored others interest. We depend on our ports for survival on a large portion. Now we are on the threat with China's rising in power, if we still spare a thought for M'sia's interest at our own vulnerablity, who is going to spare a thought for us being a country without any resources other than people compare to M'sia?

Building the crooked bridge, nothing wrong if M'sia is paying for their own build but once sea traffic allows to flow through there, who can guarantee our port advantages won't be affected and hence affecting our economy and trade in time to come? What about it being an opportunity to cut water supply altogether to SG with the crooked bridge when doing away the old one? Well contract of the water is still in place, but this will be a threat for SG too.

That is the reason why SG is so strongly against collaborating to build the bridge and our country is working hard to prep for the mega harbour at Tuas and be highly efficient so that will be the sole advantage for us to attract foreign trades to come to our harbour. SG will never be in anyways spare any interest for other countries IF it is being threatened.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 5

I think the move to Seletar airport is stupid by Singapore. The flight path is either towards Malaysia and disturb them or towards amk Yishun Sekang.

We can point the ils southwards but we choose it to point it north without even getting permission from Malaysia. Informing them is not the same as they giving us permission...

They are quite careful to move a Malaysian airline to Seletar airport to test water. The act of moving an airline will force a response from Malaysia and maybe negotiations can start. The only airline that suffer disruption is firefly....

I still think Seletar is a stupid place for airport .

The ILS need to be parallel to the runway and also need to avoid obstruction, in this case, only can point in 1 direction Johor. Pointing towards AMK means all the tall building along the way need to be tear down and rebuild with shorter building.

• Praise 1

So that can squeeze more lol

And we should impose compulsory insurance for every malaysian vehicle entering sg

good if these errant drivers kana squeeze......i earn peanuts oso i kuai kuai pay my jb summons so that when i ginjb go jb i wont have any fear of being hauled up for unpaid fines and later kpkb about being treated unfairly. When we are back home majority of us will pay up our outstanding summon asap but then dilly-dally when we are fined in jb. Madhatter for sure will nitpick on us so we shouldnt give him the excuse to do such.

Yesterday Najib kpkb about our Sunday Times coming out about the Tabung Haji alleged cbt which quoted unnamed sources......this kind of reports using unverified and unnamed sources can create unnecessary friction between neighbours. What was the purpose of that report? Editor or journalist are ex-Malaysian feeling grumpy with Najib? We should just mind our own business because we have our own set of issues.

For info Najib said with an audit report the 6 or 8 billion ringgit that were 'missing' were given out as dividend to shareholders and donation to the poor, destitutes in accordance with Islamic Law. If the Tabung Haji executives is so daring to take the money..........then they are really one of a kind.

• Praise 2

That is why we are investing on our own water production and be less dependent on M'sia on water because this concern will never ends. M'sia is very eager for the day to come when the contract ends to stop water supply at their disadvantages to SG. Because of the contract, they have no choice but to give water supply priority to us. And we help M'sia to process water and send it back to them as well. Their Sultan even thank us for assisting them when they are in water crisis too. This was reported on Yahoo earlier this year.

Speaking of SG being selfish and protective of our own ports. When we talked about survival, we basically will be selfish and ignored others interest. We depend on our ports for survival on a large portion. Now we are on the threat with China's rising in power, if we still spare a thought for M'sia's interest at our own vulnerablity, who is going to spare a thought for us being a country without any resources other than people compare to M'sia?

Building the crooked bridge, nothing wrong if M'sia is paying for their own build but once sea traffic allows to flow through there, who can guarantee our port advantages won't be affected and hence affecting our economy and trade in time to come? What about it being an opportunity to cut water supply altogether to SG with the crooked bridge when doing away the old one? Well contract of the water is still in place, but this will be a threat for SG too.

That is the reason why SG is so strongly against collaborating to build the bridge and our country is working hard to prep for the mega harbour at Tuas and be highly efficient so that will be the sole advantage for us to attract foreign trades to come to our harbour. SG will never be in anyways spare any interest for other countries IF it is being threatened.

So you understand it is about self interest when it comes to what Singapore wants. Then should not kpkb about Malaysia fighting for their own self interest as well when it comes to crooked bridge and water or even other topics. Don't need to make it sound like MY is being a bad neighbor and out to get us when we are also not good neighbors.

• Dislike 1

The ILS need to be parallel to the runway and also need to avoid obstruction, in this case, only can point in 1 direction Johor. Pointing towards AMK means all the tall building along the way need to be tear down and rebuild with shorter building.

Then what's to stop the malaysians from building a tall building in pasir gudang johor, right in the ILS approach path?

They can do that anytime, more effective than lodging a protest, if they really wanted to stop the ILS development.

• Praise 1

So you understand it is about self interest when it comes to what Singapore wants. Then should not kpkb about Malaysia fighting for their own self interest as well when it comes to crooked bridge and water or even other topics. Don't need to make it sound like MY is being a bad neighbor and out to get us when we are also not good neighbors.

They have to resolve their corruption and that is for their own interest for their country that they should look into.

I agree that we aren't good neighbours because we are arrogant at times. M'sia in many ways can be way better than SG without "fighting" with us. They have got land and resources. And we get many resouces from them as well. No way I would sound them as bad neighbour at all.

U have your say, I have mine. Chill man.

Edited by Heartbreakid

They need a bogeyman to distract whats happening over there......Seafield temple issue, Najib's growing support over PH inept leadership with many saying that ph won with lies, empty promises and slander. This coming weekend's opposition rally/demo will surely put pressure on PH leadership and Singapore is just the best bogeyman to distract and unify the country.

I agree with your view. Recently the PH govt also got a slap in face when they botched up the attempt to sign the UN treaty concerning removal of racial discrimination. Then last minute realize that the "discrimination" is already in their constitution in the first place, so how to sign?? But it was already too late, and umno played up the issue big big.

So PH got to up the ante by showing it is a better "defender" of the country, hence all these territorial issues being played up again.

This is wrong... I live there and I have seen planes land from the south. The Buildings in the other direction is not high.

I think the choice to land from the north is to mainly avoid flying over residential buildings and noise control, not because of technical reasons.

I still think Seletar is not a good place for an airport unless Malaysia is willing to let us take off/land from the north. But why would they do that? It is like letting their residents suffer from noise pollution to benefit another country residents....

There are other places for airport....

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 1

I agree with your view. Recently the PH govt also got a slap in face when they botched up the attempt to sign the UN treaty concerning removal of racial discrimination. Then last minute realize that the "discrimination" is already in their constitution in the first place, so how to sign?? But it was already too late, and umno played up the issue big big.

So PH got to up the ante by showing it is a better "defender" of the country, hence all these territorial issues being played up again.

PH is slapping their own face.......on many occasions liao. The u-turn on their election manifesto is a major stumbling block. Not 1 of their promises was kept.....only sst which is driving price of daily necessities inching upwards. Even the said 1 trillion debt had been admitted to be a lie........Pak lah took over from Madhatter with the country having 450 billion debt......and when ph took over the debt was only 680 billion which has ballooned to 850 billion within 6 month. Now the new gov is floating a lot of Bumiputra's glc for sale and rumours says Petronas is one of them.....and many suspects Petron will jump in for that opportunity as the majority shareholder is Madhatter son. Many Malaysians especially the bumis are up in arms against this idea and with madhatter securing a samurai loan and sold off IHH (MNC health group which belongs to Khazanah) to Japan.....they are starting to say madhatter is doing what Najib was alleged to be doing but instead of China he is selling out MY to Japan. I can only see turmoil for MY in the near future.

Then what's to stop the malaysians from building a tall building in pasir gudang johor, right in the ILS approach path?

They can do that anytime, more effective than lodging a protest, if they really wanted to stop the ILS development.

Nothing to stop them but the distance from the runway is nearer to AMK, the distance from the runway is slightly further to pasir gudang. To building in Pasir Gudang will need to be at least 70 to 110 storey high to cause obstruction to the ILS and also become a concern for flight safety. Also, our government surely don't want to have planes flying in across our residential area at low attitude, can imagine how many people will complains and maybe possible votes lost? Never mind if the airplane fly across Johor at low attitude though as it'll not cost them any vote.

That's why when the government build the Changi International airport, Changi was chosen and no residential area in the landing path of the aircrafts.

Those staying at Yishun already affected by the noise of more planes landing at Seletar airport when the Seletar aerospace park began operations and they should expect more noise of more planes landing once Seletar airport start operation to cater to some commercial flights. Now only certain part of resident in Yishun are affected but if point the ILS towards inland of Singapore, more people will be affected and no matter who's the government, they'll not do that. Actually it's the best to still use Changi Airport for commercial flights landing.

• Praise 3

Actually its sad tho see My Sg quarrel.. when the real threat is standing behind..

The saying.

Mantis catch cicada .. yellow sparrow behind.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2