Singapore-KL ties hit by disputes over waters and airspace

StreetFight3r

Actually its sad tho see My Sg quarrel.. when the real threat is standing behind..

The saying.

Mantis catch cicada .. yellow sparrow behind.

tjay wan oso will be in a mess next. Read that there are dissent over how the President is taking China's soft loan to build their infrastructure........will need to see how nx yr pan out.
↡ Advertisement

Actually they should just consolidate into 2 airport...one for military and one for commercial. The military one should just use one of the small island in the south.....

Don't you guys think that we have too many airports ? Imagine we have Tengah, Changi, Seletar,  Paya Lebar all on the main island.

Why so many airports?

Edited by Icedbs

They need a bogeyman to distract whats happening over there......Seafield temple issue, Najib's growing support over PH inept leadership with many saying that ph won with lies, empty promises and slander. This coming weekend's opposition rally/demo will surely put pressure on PH leadership and Singapore is just the best bogeyman to distract and unify the country.

Yes, if not the Little Red Dot, who else? Di-tendang Kiri kanan suka dia lah! 

There are simply too many things PH cannot fulfill, flip here flip there! Where else, go south lah!

Yes, if not the Little Red Dot, who else? Di-tendang Kiri kanan suka dia lah!

There are simply too many things PH cannot fulfill, flip here flip there! Where else, go south lah!

Najib was much better than the current. Even with the 1mdb saga he gave out many social support for those in need and Malaysia was developing at a rapid pace and his 'you scratch my back and i scratch yours' was good for Singapore. Even the 1mdb saga is now becoming passe as 1mdb was actually making much more profit than what was allegedly stolen. If nx year ipic returns the money as promised those that harps about the alleged misdeeds will have a boot shoved down their mouth. Pitiful state they are in all due to 2 old men vengeful ways.......

Actually they should just consolidate into 2 airport...one for military and one for commercial. The military one should just use one of the small island in the south.....

Don't you guys think that we have too many airports ? Imagine we have Tengah, Changi, Seletar, Paya Lebar all on the main island.

Why so many airports?

Government already announced Paya Lebar airport moving to Tengah.

Seletar airport is more recreation/industry until they decided to move some commercial flights there.

But you got to hand it to Dr M. He never backs down from a challenge. Just read that in response to the anti-icerd (un treaty) protest rally by umno on 8 December, he agreed to launch a human rights rally on the same day just 10km away. See whose crowd is bigger!

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018/12/05/pm-to-launch-suhakams-human-rights-rally-on-same-day-as-antiicerd-rally/

Look like they very busy but still have time to engage issues with SG.

Edited by Sosaria

The real danger is not about all these disputes on air or sea, it wil be the internal disputes they had themselves. When their problems spill over, then thats a real problem. 

• Praise 1

PH is slapping their own face.......on many occasions liao. The u-turn on their election manifesto is a major stumbling block. Not 1 of their promises was kept.....only sst which is driving price of daily necessities inching upwards. Even the said 1 trillion debt had been admitted to be a lie........Pak lah took over from Madhatter with the country having 450 billion debt......and when ph took over the debt was only 680 billion which has ballooned to 850 billion within 6 month. Now the new gov is floating a lot of Bumiputra's glc for sale and rumours says Petronas is one of them.....and many suspects Petron will jump in for that opportunity as the majority shareholder is Madhatter son. Many Malaysians especially the bumis are up in arms against this idea and with madhatter securing a samurai loan and sold off IHH (MNC health group which belongs to Khazanah) to Japan.....they are starting to say madhatter is doing what Najib was alleged to be doing but instead of China he is selling out MY to Japan. I can only see turmoil for MY in the near future.

850b is not exactly wrong as it includes off-balance sheet debt that MY govt potentially have to bear.

Crybaby Bumi are the one making all the noise.

The rest of the ppl life goes on.

Lastly, Madhatter will not sell Petronas which is 1 of the top petrochemical company in the world.  No way Petron can afford it.

• Praise 1

Najib was much better than the current. Even with the 1mdb saga he gave out many social support for those in need and Malaysia was developing at a rapid pace and his 'you scratch my back and i scratch yours' was good for Singapore. Even the 1mdb saga is now becoming passe as 1mdb was actually making much more profit than what was allegedly stolen. If nx year ipic returns the money as promised those that harps about the alleged misdeeds will have a boot shoved down their mouth. Pitiful state they are in all due to 2 old men vengeful ways.......

Honestly, i pitied Malaysian Malay being lead by racist UMNO especially under current president.

He has zero idea how to bring UMNO back to its glory other than merge with PAS.

put the water stuff aside.

the airspace issues we really on the losing side.

its their airspace in the first place, now is already 2018 , bring up any promise from the early 70s make no different.

they didnt even mention any thing about cutting our plane off.

only controlling back their own area, and we feel our balls squeeze liao.

外行人讲内行话.....

• Praise 2

It not so much about control but more about logical co-ordination to land/fly incoming planes, currently its one air traffic controller directing planes to land into the airport. i.e Singapore ATC

If Malaysia ATC (Air Traffic Control) wants to control the space it will have to be seamless since they will have to handoff to Singapore ATC, imagine dozens of planes going at 100's of kmh any slight error and it could be fatal.

End of day if its done properly I don't think Singapore will have any issues with it, but seems like they are rushing into it as per Malaysia Boleh fashion, they should put the ministers pushing for this on several test flight until operations are smooth, maybe then they will think about it again.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/malaysia-take-back-airspace-khaw-boon-wan-response-10996012?cid=h3_referral_inarticlelinks_24082018_cna

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-malaysia-southern-johor-airspace-seletar-airport-10997022

put the water stuff aside.

the airspace issues we really on the losing side.

its their airspace in the first place, now is already 2018 , bring up any promise from the early 70s make no different.

they didnt even mention any thing about cutting our plane off.

only controlling back their own area, and we feel our balls squeeze liao.

Be a waste though, I attended a preview at the new airport and it was really well done up/planned thru.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/malaysia-sends-protest-notes-singapore-maritime-airspace-issues-11000368?cid=FBcna

What this means? If the dispute get worsen, those private jet who want to land at selatar Airport will be in big risk? Or they cannot land at selatar Airport and will have to go to changi airport to make the landing?

• Praise 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/malaysia-sends-protest-notes-singapore-maritime-airspace-issues-11000368?cid=FBcna

What this means? If the dispute get worsen, those private jet who want to land at selatar Airport will be in big risk? Or they cannot land at selatar Airport and will have to go to changi airport to make the landing?

Malaysia protests the ILS set up without their agreement. SG say no need their agreement, just asking their inputs but never received response.

Actually without ILS, Seletar will still operate as per current status quo. ILS just makes it safer and more precise approach for aircraft, making it feasible to handle commercial flights there. Most commercial flights use ILS for autoland. Considered safer than human pilot. Even for compulsory manual landings (pilot need to clock a certain number to remain current) the autoland is engaged to align the aircraft and pilot only takes over at the very end before touchdown.

• Praise 1