Singapore-KL ties hit by disputes over waters and airspace

StreetFight3r

Like I said. No response from MY is already a response.

Actually SG also knows that and that's why a malaysian airline was chosen to be the first airline landing at seletar.

Like I said. No response from MY is already a response.

Actually SG also knows that and that's why a malaysian airline was chosen to be the first airline landing at seletar.

Tuas may actually just be mahathir making bargaining chip to force Singapore to see it's point.

Tuas may actually just be mahathir making bargaining chip to force Singapore to see it's point.

Waters near tuas. Issue isn't that clear cut to me. I reckon needs a lot more research beyond what has been presented by both sides to understand the situation and then some negotiations to clearly demarcate the boundaries between the 2 countries. Why this wasn't settled in previous nego when we signed a treaty, I also dunno.

Airspace issue is more simple to me after listening to both sides. MY airspace and sovereignty is not being respected by SG. SG has 3 choices if it wants to resolve:

1. eat humble pie and nego for the use of MY space

2. use southern approach for the airport

3. demolish seletar

Cannot lah! They still want many many citizen leh.. where to build houses for them to stay?

Thats the issue.

We dun like planes flying over our house.

Wat do ppl at the opposite side think.

Its obvious we need a favour from them over the air issue.

But we acting as if we have more rights to decide whether we can fly over their area then them themself.

MY should just tow a few decom oil rigs and park at Pasir Gudang port. End of story. There are so many decom oil rigs in the market at the moment and they had to pay for anchorage fee. Just tell all oil companies that Pasir Gudang port offer free berthing. [laugh]

SG should eat humble pie at times. Not everyone in this world work the same way as us.

ok, so many “inaccuracy” and bla bla bla

Dec 17 first informed msia ... under ahjib kor

that who cares ... sibei busy with election liao

after Jun ... it’s lao ma liao

of course PH bo chap and couldn’t care less

now ho say liao lor

what if ah loke said now that Pasir Gudang wants to build a 100-storey hotel? [sly]

post-7984-0-58302500-1544663513_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Bro a pic speak a thousand words...

Now a video speak a million words! [laugh]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adwh4J170DE

okay thanks for the info. That carrier is sure taking a lot of risk taking off in a shorter runway as per requirement. Any passengers, luggage or cargo in that plane because these will change the dynamics of an aircraft during take-off, flight and landing. I not aeroplane expert......just a regular google user....

i think Malaysia has wisen up when playing with sg. If they agree on this agreement the development of Pasir Gudang in the future will be left much to Singapore and whether SG allows it or not and we know how our gov will response in most of this issue. Can be very contestable in the future.......

okay thanks for the info. That carrier is sure taking a lot of risk taking off in a shorter runway as per requirement. Any passengers, luggage or cargo in that plane because these will change the dynamics of an aircraft during take-off, flight and landing. I not aeroplane expert......just a regular google user....

So it appears that there is some truth to the malaysian minister's raised concern about height limits imposed on buildings in pasir gudang. Once they agree to the ILS, they are bound by international law to maintain aviation safety by policing the height of structures in the affected area.

Of course, the article clarifies by saying that SG can always change the ILS procedures later on if there is a need to build some tall structures in pasir gudang. But this is done in consultation, and who knows what is the outcome? SG may refuse and say it's impractical to make changes or think of alternative flight paths. Then malaysia side LL have to accept the restrictions on their own territory.

This is why their transport minister is cautious about agreeing to the ILS, and to be safe, just reject the request first, since there is no benefit to malaysia. Asking malaysia for future development in pasir gudang ... might as well not ask, as they don't work that way. In the new malaysia, where even BN's 61-year dominance can be toppled, the "future", as far as their politicians are concerned, is only up to the next elections.

Silence doesn't mean consent. No reply mean can go ahead? Somemore they raised this issue when Malaysia is changing government.

Keep chasing after it la. Isn't that what our govt is best at?

The guy who kenna sued by LHL for defamation, didn't they keep going after him? Went to his house a few times, issued him writ of summon on facebook, email, etc. 

The court documents also showed that Drew and Napier's representatives went to Mr Leong's home twice with the writ of summons and statement of claim, but were unable to deliver them in person.

The first time, Mr Leong's domestic helper said he was not at home and did not know when he would be back. When they asked to speak to his wife, the helper said the woman was sleeping and she could not wake her up.

They returned two days later, on Nov 23, when another woman from a house across the street said she had seen a man and two women leaving with luggage in a taxi the previous day.

In view of his evasion, the court has permitted the writ and statement of claim to be served on him by registered post, e-mail and Facebook messenger, as well as by posting on the gate of his home.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Agreed. But currently such plane using Seletar are use as Private Jet so weight be LIGHT which a shorter runway will do.

Ya......Seletar is mainly use by smaller aircraft so it doesnt affect Malaysia and its development that much but if they introduced ILS and big jetliners to the mix, the issue will change drastically. Why not demolish Seletar and built a golf course instead.....then demolish the golf course in Changi in exchange.....

So it appears that there is some truth to the malaysian minister's raised concern about height limits imposed on buildings in pasir gudang. Once they agree to the ILS, they are bound by international law to maintain aviation safety by policing the height of structures in the affected area.

Of course, the article clarifies by saying that SG can always change the ILS procedures later on if there is a need to build some tall structures in pasir gudang. But this is done in consultation, and who knows what is the outcome? SG may refuse and say it's impractical to make changes or think of alternative flight paths. Then malaysia side LL have to accept the restrictions on their own territory.

This is why their transport minister is cautious about agreeing to the ILS, and to be safe, just reject the request first, since there is no benefit to malaysia. Asking malaysia for future development in pasir gudang ... might as well not ask, as they don't work that way. In the new malaysia, where even BN's 61-year dominance can be toppled, the "future", as far as their politicians are concerned, is only up to the next elections.

i heard previously got a similar case on height restriction too, very clear cut to lay man, but also very strange in the end.

the building owner in black and white, on video, even announce all over official msm say he want ground level height limit for that building, ground level limit, zerooooooo!!!!!!!!

but in the end iirc... after discussion in our parliament ... dunno even national issue or private matter... think all change liao...

so maybe malaysia now also scared... not confident.

take a step back. could anyone here enlighten me on the reason to use seletar airport when Changi is available? 

It is weird for land constrained Singapore to have two commercial airports.  

↡ Advertisement