StarHub's new S$50 SIM-only plan with 30GB data

StreetFight3r

What's interesting is the "500 SMS at $3 a month"

Does that mean the plan doesn't come with SMS ?

Does that mean spammers, ah-long, can't spam you with SMS, since it's not included ?

Or you still can get spammed by incoming SMS, but can't send out SMS ?

Likely will get charged per SMS.

20GB data is only valid for 1 year.

After 1 year revert back to 6GB.

That's why I never sign.

But the contract is only 1 year, how to give 20gb for more than 1 year?

↡ Advertisement

But the contract is only 1 year, how to give 20gb for more than 1 year?

That's why I never sign.

Even if I don't re-contract, I still need a phone line and 6GB is not enough for me.

Should be cannot send but can received.

If cannot rec then you better get a 2nd line otherwise how to receive bank otp?

I think can send, but at 5 cents per sms if no take up the 6 dollars for 500 sms per month.. Same as now when exceed the free sms will charge 5 cents per sms there after. Edited by Yewheng

nowadays people still use sms? I think my monthly sms is less than 3, incoming is free.

Wats app leh?

Same thing different name lor

I think can send, but at 5 cents per sms if no take up the 6 dollars for 500 sms per month.. Same as now when exceed the free sms will charge 5 cents per sms there after.

Use the 6$ for data and reply incoming sms with WhatsApp should be ok.

Turbocharged

I would like to think that itâs competition from Circles, Myrepublic etc which has given the 3 main telcos a wake up call n this shld be the way. Hoping to hear from Singtel n M1 soon.

Itâs my hope that the fuel companies also get some serious competition to wake them up as well but Iâm not holding my breadth.

Just hold on. The rest will respond.
  • Praise 1

caller id should be free! its the simplest vas of all times!

passive income for telcos......$1 or 2 dollars among subscribers amounts to hundreds of thousands or even millions of income per month. They wouldnt want give up that source of revenue....
  • Praise 1

That's why I never sign.

Even if I don't re-contract, I still need a phone line and 6GB is not enough for me.

Hahaha when contract ends there might be better deal. I would think one of the attractiveness of Sim only it’s because of it’s no contact or short contract.

• Praise 1

That's why I never sign.

6GB not enough? You depends fully on your phone data only? No broadband at home?

6GB not enough? You depends fully on your phone data only? No broadband at home?

I have 13GB and still gotta watch how I use it sometimes.

ya they a bit late

i been having that amount of data for 2 yrs now

and for $28

duh

$28 for how much data? Circles? how come so good or cos early bird

12gb used to be enough. these days 26gb also i can exceed.

is m1 the only telco that allows local bundle to be used overseas using data passport?

do other telcos have similar vas?

this is good. using local bundle when overseas. all other telco should consider this. i heard roaming for circles life is very ex.

$28 for how much data? Circles? how come so good or cos early bird

12gb used to be enough. these days 26gb also i can exceed.

no lah...cumulative.  Then have free 1gb offer that they give off and on.  birthday deal etc

• Praise 1

Just nice my contract ending this coming Jan. When contract ends, I will sign up this new sim only plan..

Starhub now only have this new plans. All the old plans wiped out.

I think the old plan, starhub still need to keep inventory of handphones and there are possibilities that some hp model not able to sell out that well.. So now move towards sim only plan is a good move. Starhub will not need to keep inventory of handphones.
  • Praise 1

no lah...cumulative.  Then have free 1gb offer that they give off and on.  birthday deal etc

oh chey... but right now the base plan is i think $28 for 6GB data then add $20 for extra 20GB. so total $48.

walau i still on 4GB data and struggling   [:(]

4gb in this era where enough. moderate mcf on phone maybe 2gb gone  :excl:  [crazy]

oh chey... but right now the base plan is i think $28 for 6GB data then add $20 for extra 20GB. so total $48.

4gb in this era where enough. moderate mcf on phone maybe 2gb gone  :excl:  [crazy]

he never do work one

hahahhaha

↡ Advertisement