• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic | 55 praises

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:35 AM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

In case you've haven't heard about the latest opening of JB's largest mall, here it is.

https://www.8days.sg...pening-10840440

https://mothership.s...-jb-complaints/

So I went check it out recently, was such a huge disappointment. It finally hit me that JB has finally reached "mall saturation point". The theme park is desserted!!! Crowd was very thin. Many shop units weren't even taken up!!! They said it's not fully open yet, my guess is the mall is just too big to be filled up. There were 2 floors entirely empty. Not to say the ground or 2nd floor are entirely taken. So some may think it's still work in progress, I went on a weekday but hardly see any contractors working to complete any unfinished/vacant units. So I deduce it's gonna remain like this or worst - current tenants calling it quit.

Even Paradigm Mall is quite empty, but at least it look decent. Well, I wonder how these malls gonna survive in 6months or 1 year. Will see.

Fcw75, Beregond, Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:11 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

In case you've haven't heard about the latest opening of JB's largest mall, here it is.

So I went check it out recently, was such a huge disappointment. It finally hit me that JB has finally reached "mall saturation point". The theme park is desserted!!! Crowd was very thin. Many shop units weren't even taken up!!! They said it's not fully open yet, my guess is the mall is just too big to be filled up. There were 2 floors entirely empty. Not to say the ground or 2nd floor are entirely taken. So some may think it's still work in progress, I went on a weekday but hardly see any contractors working to complete any unfinished/vacant units. So I deduce it's gonna remain like this or worst - current tenants calling it quit.

Even Paradigm Mall is quite empty, but at least it look decent. Well, I wonder how these malls gonna survive in 6months or 1 year. Will see.

Nothing beat the crowd at city square or aeon bukit indah
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:11 AM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

So I went check it out recently, was such a huge disappointment. It finally hit me that JB has finally reached "mall saturation point". The theme park is desserted!!! Crowd was very thin. Many shop units weren't even taken up!!! They said it's not fully open yet, my guess is the mall is just too big to be filled up. There were 2 floors entirely empty. Not to say the ground or 2nd floor are entirely taken. So some may think it's still work in progress, I went on a weekday but hardly see any contractors working to complete any unfinished/vacant units. So I deduce it's gonna remain like this or worst - current tenants calling it quit.

I went to Legoland two weeks back on Sat & Sun during the sch holidays. Not very crowded, quite surprised no need to Q for long for the rides considering it should be the peak period. 

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:34 AM

Si4dr
  • Premium member
    Si4dr
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Nothing beat the crowd at city square or aeon bukit indah

Crowd at Aeon Tebrau city & KSL not bad either. 

Too may new+big mall. Guess only the fitter will survive in 2-3years time.

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:43 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

even Berjaya Time Square in KL are not fully occupied, who actually walk through 10 storey of the mall, i think by 6th floor there are nothing much to see and many units vacant on upper floor.

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:47 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

even Berjaya Time Square in KL are not fully occupied, who actually walk through 10 storey of the mall, i think by 6th floor there are nothing much to see and many units vacant on upper floor.

There's 10 stories of mall? 

That is all.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:23 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Crowd at Aeon Tebrau city & KSL not bad either.
Too may new+big mall. Guess only the fitter will survive in 2-3years time.

Yes tebrau and ksl still good. The rest cmi lol

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:38 AM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

B1,LG,GF to L9. Went many years back quite empty.

https://berjayatimes...ekl.com/stores/

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:21 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The newer malls in JB maybe quite a distance from custom? Thats why no people go there?

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

StreetFight3r
  • Premium member
    StreetFight3r
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The newer malls in JB maybe quite a distance from custom? Thats why no people go there?

the new malls all boring also. paradigm also ntg much. they market it to be bigger than vivo city... but the shops are boring and crowd is dead. just lots of walking space..wouldnt bother going there.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:10 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

In hk got 20+ stories mall lol

B1,LG,GF to L9. Went many years back quite empty.

https://berjayatimes...ekl.com/stores/

Its a dead mall and with rojak tenant. I like their indoor themepark. Not too crowded

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:29 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the new malls all boring also. paradigm also ntg much. they market it to be bigger than vivo city... but the shops are boring and crowd is dead. just lots of walking space..wouldnt bother going there.

Maybe these new malls are cursed? Think people still prefer to go back to those older malls to shop. 

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:01 PM

Holdenutessv
  • Premium member
    Holdenutessv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Dead mall, not so good location. Big but almost nothing to see. Good if you like to exercise though. 

KSL/Aeon Tebrau/Bukit Indah is still the best. Paradigm wise is ok-ish only.

Error 404: Signature Not Found

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:36 PM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    Supercharged
    Author Image

End of the day it still boils down to location location location. Paridigm and Capital 21 is quite far out from the point of custom. Any mall along the Tebrau Highway stretch can be easily accessible to even non-driving Singaporeans.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:37 PM

Airwaver
  • Premium member
    Airwaver
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Just went last week, mall was pretty empty with limited shops, mainly HP shops. Left the place in 30 mins, luckily parking is free for now.

Carbon82 praised this
Be nice to people on your way up, cos you'll meet them on your way down.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:15 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dead mall, not so good location. Big but almost nothing to see. Good if you like to exercise though. 

Looks like people only go to KSL/Aeon Tebrau/Bukit Indah/City Square, all others newly opened mall not as crowded as these malls?!

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:18 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Looks like people only go to KSL/Aeon Tebrau/Bukit Indah/City Square, all others newly opened mall not as crowded as these malls?!

New malls tenant not good, location also far

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:24 PM

Tjkbeluga
  • Premium member
    Tjkbeluga
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Dr M guailan some more laa.... it will be even more deserted.... Not that he give a damn actually... His pride more important....

Latio Premium Sedan

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:28 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I went there last week.. Its was such a failure.. 75% empty, very dusty, some level is closed.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:14 PM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Most of you are dissapointed because you do not understand how they function.  You expect them to be like Singapore malls......the moment they are open, they are packed to the brim with radio deejays creating the hype, with the only complains being cannot find car park or could not get out of the carpark.

The Johoreans know how these malls work and they won't step in there until 6 months or a year later. They are not excited about new malls because quite honestly, they already have all their usual makan and shopping places and those were already plentiful. New malls to Johoreans , in their mind, are more to serve Singaporeans which means expensive to everything.

30 years ago, Holiday Plaza was the longest mall in South East Asia and it was relatively empty for at least a year. The only stalls buzzing was McDonalds and KFC which was one of the earliest branches in JB.  Later, the bowling alleys opened, followed by the cinema. It then became one of the busiest shopping mall in JB before all the KSL and City Square malls opened and pull away some of the businesses. 

Give them time, The Johoreans don't work with the same pace as Sporeans. They value family time, or mingling around their neighbourhood and fiends rather than hanging out at the next new mall. The malls know this and they too take their time in getting the tenants and the place ready. 

Kangadrool, Zxcvb and Davidtch praised this

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: ksl, shopping, theme park and 3 more...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users