Huawei CFO arrested for violating US sanctions on Iran

StreetFight3r

When I read this post under US sanction embargoes etc, find it sticky and ambush by so many atas ppl, their comment, logic and explanation makes it so so silly and frustration, Internal and external ploitics, ploy and foul play . . .  :omg:

• Praise 2

But not as bad as America...

Singapore policies are internal.

American such policies affects the world.

Big difference.

This is how bullies work lor. Just imagine, Iraq or Vietnam detain one of those US generals involve in war time crimes in theur country, will this action be OK?

• Praise 1

Screenshot_20181206-131344.png

Screenshot_20181206-131404.png

This guy sums things up..

Look at America.. Very messy regulation.. Hope singapore just don't keep add regulations and then make it so complicated that many people will not realize what regulations and whether they accidentally broke the law or whatsoever. If singapore come to this stage.. = gg..

Overreaching is probably the word.

So what is this 5G thingy? It seems the US is feeling threatened by China's 5G technology? I don't understand this at all. Anyone care to share?

• Praise 1

maybe just want to hold a card before the trade talk.

So what is this 5G thingy? It seems the US is feeling threatened by China's 5G technology? I don't understand this at all. Anyone care to share?

cannot deny that their 5G is also quite 'intruding'.

To be fair, this strict export control thingy didnt come thru overnight from Trump's administration. It existed way back in the early 2000s.... so it is not something new plucked from the air used to counter China.

Americans are quite strict on exporting tech to unfriendly countries...so too bad for this peh peh koot koot lady..

This is not the only overreaching legislation

curious why is CFO arrested instead of say COO.. i would think approving sales is under purview of operations rather than finance.. 

In principle, controlling the technology that sits at the heart of vital communications networks gives Huawei the capacity to conduct espionage or disrupt communications during any future dispute, particularly as more things, from autonomous vehicles to domestic appliances become connected to the internet. Countries using Huawei equipment monitor such risks carefully.

But the US also points more generally to China's National Intelligence Law passed in 2017 that says organisations must "support, co-operate with and collaborate in national intelligence work".

As a result, the US, Australia and New Zealand have all blocked local firms from using Huawei to provide the technology for next-generation 5G mobile networks.

That's three of the five so-called "Five Eyes" intelligence sharing community. A fourth, Canada is reviewing its relationship with the firm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46465438

• Praise 1

curious why is CFO arrested instead of say COO.. i would think approving sales is under purview of operations rather than finance..

She happened to be in the wrong time, wrong place. Quite sure the company's chairman, CEO and COO are also in the wanted list. They just need to seize anyone of the senior executives to build up the case for arrest/charge. Just bad luck for her!

Like China forced technology transfer for foreign companies wanting to sell into Chinese domestic market?

Foreign corrupt practise act

↡ Advertisement