Huawei CFO arrested for violating US sanctions on Iran

StreetFight3r

Don't think too much, Trump or Xi will not give a damn about every detail in your daily life even if you are LHL. If low-level not-even-engineers can freely collect bulk data from anyone without supervision or audits, what's stopping them from selling bulk personal data to the black market ? Buyers may not even be in China or the US, and they are not even targeting you. You really believe every man is a good man ? 跟黨領導 ? [laugh] 

You really believe every low level fellow has access to the data? 

↡ Advertisement

When did I say I don't care?

I clearly said I care that the PAP won't get my data. That's the only govt that will misuse my personal data. Trump and Xi don't give a damn about me.

Your data will be accessible unless you completely off grid.

Some people don't mind US see their hand phone. Don't mind China see their phone but don't allow their wife to see their phone.

So they trust USA and China more than their wife.

:D

Actually USA has been seeing all these years. It takes a thief to catch another thief. Just that now the original thief loses its edge and want to shift the goal post. 

Ai yo ... even locally pinky is spying on us everyday.

Of course every country spy on every country, but don't care to what extent would be as good as surrender If it doesn't matter then we wouldn't be arresting people for abuse of data access or require sensitive data to be stored locally. If it doesn't matter then we wouldn't even need background checks and security clearance. You lock your doors then you leave a thief inside your house with your key, that would not be very intelligent.

So much for world of cloak and dagger. But

not going to stoop to calling people stupid. [laugh]

What are you saying. Spying means collection of intelligence from another country and can takes to the extreme to reach their goals, their mission for their country to the extend of putting themselves at risk. Every spy knows that and have to be watching his own back constanty, and face the risk of getting arrested/jailed and their extreme means to get what they need to because every approach is complicated and could land them in unknown trouble. Doing that does not mean the country don't care about their own protective security issues like personnel abuse of data access, how data stored, security clearance and.....what lock your doors and leave a thief inside the house - what is this ? One is intel collection and the latter is protective security. Being active in intel collection does not mean your homeland protective security is weak.

Edited by Renegade777

You are preaching to the choir. Nobody is questioning every country spies on every country. I suppose you are talking about a different topic from this thread. Feel free to start a new thread.

No. Because you don't talk sense when you reply me. All along the thread has been on HW and what they are suspected doing but you brought up the issue of protective security. You change topic and pattern, not me. Sorry to say that.

• Praise 2

Meng was ordered to surrender all of her electronic devices,

including two personal cellphones, an iPad and a personal computer,

it alleges.

A border officer then "demanded the plaintiff surrender the passwords,"

and Meng did so, according to the claim.

She doesn't trust her own products cos its a tool for spying for China?

• Praise 2

2 personal iPhone 

1 macbook pro

1 iPad Pro  :gangs:  :ninja:  :grin:

• Praise 4

No lah.

This is like Lewis Hamilton owning a Ferrari.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

China has accused two Canadians of spying, as tensions between the nations grow over the possible extradition of a Huawei executive to the US.

Michael Kovrig, a former diplomat, and Michael Spavor, a businessman, were detained in December after Meng Wanzhou was arrested in Canada on suspicion of fraud and breaching sanctions on Iran.

Ms Meng is suing Canada over her arrest, which was made at the request of the US.

China has condemned Ms Meng's arrest.

The diplomatic spat has hurt Canada-China relations, and the arrest of the two Canadians had been seen as Beijing's retaliation for its detention of Ms Meng.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-47442562

you hold mine, i hold yours.

• Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/huawei-cfo-meng-wanzhou-to-appear-in-court-expected-to-reach-agreement-with-us?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0oEPw8P69Ha9orl3bY-GIl8kHRqAbvPGHc4CwZJjR39WgG4PUkdYcMthM

lmao. sibei kelong🤣

Canadian court frees Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou as US extradition case ends.

A Canadian judge on Friday (Sept 24) signed Huawei chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou’s order of discharge, vacating her bail conditions and allowing her to go free after nearly three years of house arrest as her US extradition case ends.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

21 minutes ago, Beregond said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/huawei-cfo-meng-wanzhou-to-appear-in-court-expected-to-reach-agreement-with-us?utm_campaign=stfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0oEPw8P69Ha9orl3bY-GIl8kHRqAbvPGHc4CwZJjR39WgG4PUkdYcMthM

lmao. sibei kelong🤣

Canadian court frees Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou as US extradition case ends.

A Canadian judge on Friday (Sept 24) signed Huawei chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou’s order of discharge, vacating her bail conditions and allowing her to go free after nearly three years of house arrest as her US extradition case ends.

So HW can reinstate android system into their phone now?😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Kopites said:

So HW can reinstate android system into their phone now?😁

dun know about that , i dun think so. they already  using their own os. i guess is no way back to android??  not IT expert. but it make no sense to invest so much on their own os and U  turn again.

Anw HW profit still increasing year by year despite not selling HP.

Just feel its very kelong for US  to let meng walk free 🤣

• Praise 1

They let her go so that

the 2 Michaels can go free.

That's how they do international diplomacy.

You take my daughter I take your two sons.

You let me girl go I let your two boys go.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 5