• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
59 replies to this topic | 175 praises

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:43 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

My experience in past 2 days where one of the day i forgot to bring my wallet out.

Day 1 - with wallet but never get to use cash 

- Went to the physio at NUH, after the session i went to make payment, counter nurse told me 'cashless please'.

- Going to watch movie with wife, so i make booking via phone apps and pay through Masterpass.

- Took a grab to orchard.

- Still have an hour to kill while waiting for wife, went to a cafe for coffee, place order and took out cash, the staff point to the signboard 'cashless payment ONLY'.

Day 2 - without wallet (i left it in my wife's bag when we were watching movie)

- Didn't notice i dun have my wallet until i reach office bus stop, my ezlink card was behind my phone try to act like i have a NFC sim card [laugh] .

- Panic for 2min thinking how to survive for the day, walk into Starbucks which i have the Starbucks app in my phone, breakfast settled.

- Come lunch time, dun want to eat Starbucks again, heng i stored a credit card in Samsung Pay. walk to Hans and pay through Samsung Pay.

- Dinner time met up with wife, went into a Korean cafe and they told us to scan the QR code on the table where you place order to making payment all via the phone!!??  i input my card number detail (i actually have those info in my phone but each info was hide in different apps).

So i manage to survive 2 days without cash (wallet) for medical, transport, meals, movie, and shopping and thank god my phone battery can last whole day  [laugh]  [laugh]

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:47 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Day 1 is surprising.

NUH doesn't accept cash?

And which cafe doesn't accept cash?

That is all.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:54 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Day 1 is surprising.

NUH doesn't accept cash?

And which cafe doesn't accept cash?

NUH sport centre, there was a list of cashless payment available (anything you can think of from alipay, pay lah, samsung pay, apple pay, android pay.....). I didn't make noise or create a scene lah.

Mellower Coffee at the building next to 313 toward Mandarin hotel.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:13 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Actually now most of the time i use my apple pay, favepay and hardly use cash. But need to track spending and make sure the statement is right
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I didnt have those cashless apps, looks like i cannot survive without my wallet[:p]

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:31 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

without wallet or without cash?

if without wallet, i overseas always without wallet.... all cards in phone cover.. cash in pocket lol

my recent trip to bkk, i paid car rental, hotel, attractions (through Klook app) all using the youtrip card. top up when needed

Edited by Galantspeedz, 06 December 2018 - 11:33 AM.

MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:33 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

WeChat pay :grin:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:34 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

without wallet or without cash?

if without wallet, i overseas always without wallet.... all cards in phone cover.. cash in pocket lol

my recent trip to bkk, i paid car rental, hotel, attractions (through Klook app) all using the youtrip card. top up when needed

no cash, no card (card in wallet) only have a some coins in the pocket   [sweatdrop]

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:36 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no cash, no card (card in wallet) only have a some coins in the pocket   [sweatdrop]

only china i can do that

MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I can survive without phone but cannot survive without cash.
CASH IS KING!!!
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I can survive without phone but cannot survive without cash.
CASH IS KING!!!

If you go to places which accept cashless and need to pay by phone apps then how to survive without phone le?

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:48 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

If you go to places which accept cashless and need to pay by phone apps then how to survive without phone le?

dun go, bo eng  [laugh]  [laugh]

Pocy and Davidtch praised this

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:04 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If my phone has no power or damaged, then I don't need to pay lor?
If the shop system crashed, then I can take anything free?

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

NUH sport centre, there was a list of cashless payment available (anything you can think of from alipay, pay lah, samsung pay, apple pay, android pay.....). I didn't make noise or create a scene lah.

Mellower Coffee at the building next to 313 toward Mandarin hotel.

When I was at SGH ARC Clinic making payment thru Samsung Pay, the cashier stared at me like I was speaking a different language. She said must use card one, hp cannot insert into the machine. I told her same as pay wave. She stare back at me again. Then I just tell her to activate the terminal. I put my hp on it and the machine accepted and printed out my receipt. Cashier was totally amazed. [laugh]

kykh praised this

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:22 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

When I was at SGH ARC Clinic making payment thru Samsung Pay, the cashier stared at me like I was speaking a different language. She said must use card one, hp cannot insert into the machine. I told her same as pay wave. She stare back at me again. Then I just tell her to activate the terminal. I put my hp on it and the machine accepted and printed out my receipt. Cashier was totally amazed. [laugh]

SGH got older staff hence they not so tech savvy (Radx is there also  [laugh] ), NUH more younger staff and doctors.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:19 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

That day went to Anchorvale swimming complex.... totally no cash.... don't even have machine that we put notes/coins to pay for the entrance... must use ezlink card.... we are slowly but surely moving towards cashless... and ya, was at KK hospital, the clinic all no more accepting cash.... go machine key in IC, show outstanding amount, pay by NETS or Credit Card.

________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

Carbon82
I would say we are far behind China in term of cashless society. From road toll, super mart purchase, wet market, book store, and even street food, people just scan the QR code and payment will be via Wechat or Alipay. [thumbsup] One example below:

DeChQSy.jpg

BTW, their wechat pay is equivalent to our PayNow, and they have using that for the past 5 years at least...
Mercs, Spring, Angcheek and kykh praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:11 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I try to use Apple Pay or credit card whenever possible.

Or pay via the merchant apps like Ya Kun, Toast Box, Kopitiam card etc.

Earn all the points and cash rebates 😬
kykh praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:19 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

SGH got older staff hence they not so tech savvy (Radx is there also  [laugh] ), NUH more younger staff and doctors.

eh i am the one teaching them hor

thta day i paid with apple watch they were like whoaaaaaaaa

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:28 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would say we are far behind China in term of cashless society. From road toll, super mart purchase, wet market, book store, and even street food, people just scan the QR code and payment will be via Wechat or Alipay. [thumbsup] One example below:

DeChQSy.jpg

BTW, their wechat pay is equivalent to our PayNow, and they have using that for the past 5 years at least...

Erm, those with no batt handphones, or cannot afford handphones, how?

Get free food?  :grin:

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: cashless, samsung pay and 4 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users