Leave home without your wallet

Jman888

My experience in past 2 days where one of the day i forgot to bring my wallet out.

Day 1 - with wallet but never get to use cash 

- Went to the physio at NUH, after the session i went to make payment, counter nurse told me 'cashless please'.

- Going to watch movie with wife, so i make booking via phone apps and pay through Masterpass.

- Took a grab to orchard.

- Still have an hour to kill while waiting for wife, went to a cafe for coffee, place order and took out cash, the staff point to the signboard 'cashless payment ONLY'.

Day 2 - without wallet (i left it in my wife's bag when we were watching movie)

- Didn't notice i dun have my wallet until i reach office bus stop, my ezlink card was behind my phone try to act like i have a NFC sim card [laugh] .

- Panic for 2min thinking how to survive for the day, walk into Starbucks which i have the Starbucks app in my phone, breakfast settled.

- Come lunch time, dun want to eat Starbucks again, heng i stored a credit card in Samsung Pay. walk to Hans and pay through Samsung Pay.

- Dinner time met up with wife, went into a Korean cafe and they told us to scan the QR code on the table where you place order to making payment all via the phone!!??  i input my card number detail (i actually have those info in my phone but each info was hide in different apps).

So i manage to survive 2 days without cash (wallet) for medical, transport, meals, movie, and shopping and thank god my phone battery can last whole day  [laugh]  [laugh]

I don't think you can survive two days without handphone .... :we-all-gonna-die:

:grin:

↡ Advertisement

My experience in past 2 days where one of the day i forgot to bring my wallet out.

Day 1 - with wallet but never get to use cash 

- Went to the physio at NUH, after the session i went to make payment, counter nurse told me 'cashless please'.

- Going to watch movie with wife, so i make booking via phone apps and pay through Masterpass.

- Took a grab to orchard.

- Still have an hour to kill while waiting for wife, went to a cafe for coffee, place order and took out cash, the staff point to the signboard 'cashless payment ONLY'.

Day 2 - without wallet (i left it in my wife's bag when we were watching movie)

- Didn't notice i dun have my wallet until i reach office bus stop, my ezlink card was behind my phone try to act like i have a NFC sim card [laugh] .

- Panic for 2min thinking how to survive for the day, walk into Starbucks which i have the Starbucks app in my phone, breakfast settled.

- Come lunch time, dun want to eat Starbucks again, heng i stored a credit card in Samsung Pay. walk to Hans and pay through Samsung Pay.

- Dinner time met up with wife, went into a Korean cafe and they told us to scan the QR code on the table where you place order to making payment all via the phone!!??  i input my card number detail (i actually have those info in my phone but each info was hide in different apps).

So i manage to survive 2 days without cash (wallet) for medical, transport, meals, movie, and shopping and thank god my phone battery can last whole day  [laugh] 

There is a third options......  [sly]

This option, you must be fits...  :yuush:

Walk to the cashier and kaput as fast as you can ....   :a-panic:

:XD:

I don't think you can survive two days without handphone .... :we-all-gonna-die:

:grin:

If you have no handphone, it means you are cut off from the outside world, very scary de, lol.
  • Praise 1

..... really!!...I am quite suaku type....my xiao mi..can use in this way or not??

first thing the phone must have NFC, if not Samsung can have Google Pay or Android Pay.

Turbocharged

They should have two options for people to choose to pay la, either cashless or cash.

Like my old uneducated father, still using a beat up 3G numerical keypad phone. It serves his purpose well, which is only to make calls and sms. His needs are simple. He does not understand the internet as he is uneducated and speaks only Chinese and dialect.

It is not easy for them to navigate in a digital world, in a language alien to them. Perhaps it works better in China because the language problem is removed across the population.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

no cash, no card, no problem for this lady !!

Lady in S’pore pays taxi fare with My Melody holder because she had no money on her

One taxi driver recounted a story where a passenger flagged him down along the Central Business District.

Here’s the text from the post by Facebook user Ah Low, in case you can’t read it:

“Pick a lady at cbd with lots of barang barang. Help her to bring into the boot.

She get in n say, uncle please go near near only, pai seh. I say no prob, near I like more.

Had a short chat with her. When reach her destination, she dig her long wallet but realise no cash. I tot it’s evader so I ask if she got nets or cc also can.

But she give me this offer, in exchange of a melody. I was like… Huh?? She say will double the price today so I took her offer.

For today, taxi can accept melody as payment… Not bad not bad…”

The fare, surprisingly, was 6.90 (heh heh 69), which is the exact actual price McDonald’s was selling the holder for.

Twincharged

Like my old uneducated father, still using a beat up 3G numerical keypad phone. It serves his purpose well, which is only to make calls and sms. His needs are simple. He does not understand the internet as he is uneducated and speaks only Chinese and dialect.

It is not easy for them to navigate in a digital world, in a language alien to them. Perhaps it works better in China because the language problem is removed across the population.

quite true …

my wife's aunts and uncles (+60) in china all using Wechat like nobody business !! one recent came here and bought a Nova3i and is now happily snapping away !!

Can enroll him in those basic course in community centre which teaches eldery how to use phone and computer in a digital world?!

NUH sport centre, there was a list of cashless payment available (anything you can think of from alipay, pay lah, samsung pay, apple pay, android pay.....). I didn't make noise or create a scene lah.

Mellower Coffee at the building next to 313 toward Mandarin hotel.

recently i tried android pay linked to my ocbc credit card.  it seemed to work but after long period of terminal dialing then came back with cannot connect.  contact ocbc.......samsung pay is better than android pay in this aspect. never failed me.

Turbocharged

Can enroll him in those basic course in community centre which teaches eldery how to use phone and computer in a digital world?!

He has no interest in this.

Try to entice him. Tell him, his first purchase will be on you. :XD: Sure very fast learn one. [laugh]

might as well link the dad's samsung pay/apple pay/android pay to his credit card   [laugh]  [laugh]

recently i tried android pay linked to my ocbc credit card.  it seemed to work but after long period of terminal dialing then came back with cannot connect.  contact ocbc.......samsung pay is better than android pay in this aspect. never failed me.

i think android pay has been replaced by google pay, maybe that's why you can't use it.

might as well link the dad's samsung pay/apple pay/android pay to his credit card   [laugh]  [laugh]

i think android pay has been replaced by google pay, maybe that's why you can't use it.

yes, i mean i am using google pay....still can't work.

i am also disappointed they have narrower of bank credit cards tied up with.  for example, cannot use maybank while samsung pay can.