2018 ST Car Of The Year Nominees

Gabdat

Folks, here are the 10 nominees for this year's prestigious award:-

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/race-is-on

nmcars-0812.jpg?itok=Kf0gdVlr&timestamp=

Tell me what you think,your views,feedback and some debate would be interesting. You can cast your vote online and ST will reveal the champion on 29 DEC 2018. Sadly,not all cars that were produced in 2018 is in this shortlist.

If it was up to me, I would consider ownership depreciation, reliability and NVH. Therefore, I would pick KIA Stinger as the obvious winner.

For it's price of having a RWD terrain and a wonderful gearbox,not to mention it's handsome and muscular looks and with a size bigger than the 3 series or Jag XE,it is the most affordable grand tourer/sport sedan in the market right now.

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

No altis?

Facelift is not considered as a new model. That goes for the Mazda6 and the others. Saying that, even with the new Altis(2019) model, doubt it can win.

I also vote Kia Stinger.

Hard to beat at that value for performance n drive. Think if u did a blind test, it would tick lots of boxes but 1 downside for me (I’m nit picking) would be the false air grilles on the bonnet as it’s really cosmetic only.

• Praise 4

mmmmmm dunno how Prestigious this award can be in a small tiny country.

Anyway.. new does not really mean new models i guess.. The 2 Skodas had been on earth few years just new to our market with a new Agent.

it's very prestigious due to one main reason-cars are the most expensive in Singapore than any other part of the world. to own one is a luxury rather than necessity. so whoever wins,must be justified by the price tag.

• Kia Stinger
    8%
    173 votes

• Hyundai Ioniq Electric
    2%
    38 votes

• Skoda Superb
    2%
    44 votes

• Volvo XC40
    27%
    605 votes

• BMW M5
    4%
    97 votes

• Audi RS4
    1%
    31 votes

• Renault Megane RS
    23%
    526 votes

• Suzuki Swift
    25%
    556 votes

• Lexus ES
    5%
    119 votes

• Skoda Kodiaq
    3%
    62 votes

This is the latest on the poll. Volvo XC40 is leading the way but Suzuki Swift is fast catching up. Sadly, my favourite has only 8% of the vote so far. The swift is more of an "every day" car with good value. Those who appreciate it's simplicity and easy maintenance would definitely vote for the swift. it is also the cheapest car on the list.

• Praise 1

Those Toyota loyalists sure very upset with their result.

I saw quite a no of Stinger on the road. We should encourage car markers to produce more good quality n advance technologies cars. Not like some brand who only concern abt making money n their cars like no diff from 10yrs ago

Those Toyota loyalists sure very upset with their result.

I saw quite a no of Stinger on the road. We should encourage car markers to produce more good quality n advance technologies cars. Not like some brand who only concern abt making money n their cars like no diff from 10yrs ago

You mean Honda Civic?

↡ Advertisement