IU cover - good or bad

kopfan

In my previous car using old iu and no cover, i always slot in and take out the cash card every single trip. It an automatic process just like release hand brake and step acc pedal. Did that for 7 years. Oh, i have never ever forgotten to slot in the card before driving off.

Edited by Columbian78
  • Praise 5

Just wondering if you are using an IU cover to conceal your cash card. I am not using one and while I am driving a friend's car that having the cover, I find it quite inconvenience.

1) can't see the deduction and remaining amount properly

2) can't remove the card easily

3) doesn't the cover hint that a card is in there?

My cover reminds me who my salesman was :D okok it was given to me haha
  • Praise 1

In my previous car using old iu and no cover, i always slot in and take out the cash card every single trip. It an automatic process just like release hand brake and step acc pedal. Did that for 7 years. Oh, i have never ever forgotten to slot in the card before driving off.

same, i've been doing this for 14 years. Break-in for theft of cashcard was rather common even with the cover previously, now with camera everywhere, using the IU cover should be not much risk. 

• Praise 1

same, i've been doing this for 14 years. Break-in for theft of cashcard was rather common even with the cover previously, now with camera everywhere, using the IU cover should be not much risk. 

True, nowadays many camera from other cars and also many police camera installed at the carpark.

Smash windscreen to steal cashcard was most common in the late 90s. Nowadays it's more likely to be for laptop bag or handbag left in car.

Cashcard is a stupid idea. It should just be linked to car and bill / credit card then thieves take also no use. They were more concerned with drivers not paying up instead.

Waiting for carpark to accept the credit card ez link card thing
  • Praise 1

The GPS and in car camera worth more. Think you should worry about those than cash card.

Go Malaysia I remove all except camera which I don't know how to.

• Praise 1

Just wondering if you are using an IU cover to conceal your cash card. I am not using one and while I am driving a friend's car that having the cover, I find it quite inconvenience.

1) can't see the deduction and remaining amount properly

2) can't remove the card easily

3) doesn't the cover hint that a card is in there?

HI, my IU cover was given by the SE with her name engraved on the IU cover.

1) I can see whatever deduction easily - not sure why yours cannot.

2) Very easy to insert and remove cash card. Just lift up the front cover.

3) With cover, nobody sure whether got cash card or no cash card and that is why safer.