Staff69

post-131345-0-43936500-1544502396_thumb.jpg

Going to do egg run from malaysia soon

Next item on Malaysia's revenge of mahathir

Singaporeans property owners in malaysia

Edited by Staff69
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 18

Darn Mahathir, if want fight/debate/get something, please do it with reasonable case. Wtf, now even more unreasonable to want to stop or limit import of eggs to Singapore. So Mahathir are you reasonable? No right? You pm leh, not a small child.

Maybe that advisor in his party meant this when he warned of "pain by a thosand cuts" ..... first, cut egg supply [laugh]

https://www.todayonline.com/world/senior-member-mahathirs-party-warns-singapore-thousand-cuts

But I believe this is coincidence as before this territorial disputes issue came up already there was news about egg price increase and impact on consumers.

Anyway it's just a minister's idea, I doubt this kind of enforcement will work. Suppliers will raise howls of protest. If it's so easy to control prices, the increasing cost of living problem in Malaysia can easily be solved overnight.

If there's anything good to come out of this, hopefully it forces a deep rethink of the decision to keep increasing the population to 7 million or 10 million. Not a smart move when we still have neighbours like that.

Edited by Sosaria

egg price going to up very soon …

I rem the last time was during the bird flu … when an egg can cost as much as 50c !!

and the sheng shiong staff were hoarding it … customers who did not want to buy the eggs  under purchase with purchase, the staff will buy and keep.

Read from a few sources with regards to the rising egg price in Malaysia (with no obvious shortage in supply), root causes might be more of rising raw material cost (e.g. feed), overhead cost, weak ringgit, cartel activities, etc. Limiting / stopping export to Singapore will NOT solve the issue! The chicken farmer, distributor and exporter will be protesting if that really happen... :omg: 

Stupid info that even make it to news [hur] 

• Praise 8

Actually, the cartels will be affected......because if they cannot export the eggs to Singapore, with the over supply, who in Malaysia will pay them 50ct per telur? :D

Not as if the telur can be kept for 1 month to wait for prices to go up.....and the chicken farmers cannot ask the chickens to take a no pay leave and stop producing eggs for time being :D

the gist of my point is, there is no real shortage of supply....just economics and cartels playng the market.

Read from a few sources with regards to the rising egg price in Malaysia (with no obvious shortage in supply), root causes might be more of rising raw material cost (e.g. feed), overhead cost, weak ringgit, cartel activities, etc. Limiting / stopping export to Singapore will NOT solve the issue! The chicken farmer, distributor and exporter will be protesting if that really happen... :omg:

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 8

Actually, the cartels will be affected......because if they cannot export the eggs to Singapore, with the over supply, who in Malaysia will pay them 50ct per telur? :D

Not as if the telur can be kept for 1 month to wait for prices to go up.....and the chicken farmers cannot ask the chickens to take a no pay leave and stop producing eggs for time being :D

the gist of my point is, there is no real shortage of supply....just economics and cartels playng the market.

exactly.. got money, eggs still scared cannot eat ar ..

sure a lot of egg farmers from other country rushing in to fill the void ..

Anyway too much eggs also no good, eat every other day lor

Play this type of pattern. Really sibeh KNN. 

• Praise 2

Next will be durians

Durians honestly is more of a luxury item.  I like durians, but say $100 a kg.. or $200 a kg. 

I can don't eat one. Wont impact me one bit. 

I read there is reduction in supply as small farms are forced to closed shop.

In addition, there could be sudden shortfall in supply due to large farm being audited by AVA equivalent.