Forklift operators in S’pore charged for bribery!

UncleAtas

Forklift operators in S’pore charged for bribery!!!

On Dec. 11, two forklift operators in Singapore were charged for allegedly receiving small value bribes from truck drivers.

The forklift operators, Chen Ziliang and Zhao Yucun, are Chinese nationals employed by Cogent Container Depot Pte Ltd.

According to a press release by the Corrupt Practices Investigations Bureau (CPIB), both of them allegedly obtained bribes in exchange for not delaying the collection of containers.

Chen was charged for attempting to obtain a S$1 bribe from a truck driver on Oct. 20, 2017, as well as receiving bribes from other truck drivers between May 2016 and March 2018.

Chen’s counterpart, Zhao, was charged for obtaining similar bribes from truck drivers between September 2014 and March 2018.

A Straits Times report mentioned that both Chinese nationals were each offered bail of S$5,000 and will be back in court on Jan. 9 next year.

“Zero-tolerance approach” to corruption

The total amount received from bribes was not stated by CPIB.

However, CPIB emphasised that Singapore adopts a “zero-tolerance approach” towards corruption, and “bribes of any amount or kind will not be tolerated”:

“Employees are expected to carry out their duties fairly instead of obtaining bribes in exchange for favours. Even if the bribe amount is as low as $1, they can be taken to task. Bribes of any amount or any kind will not be tolerated.”

Under the Prevention of Corruption Act, any person who is convicted of a corruption offence can be fined up to S$100,000 or sentenced to imprisonment of up to five years or to both.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

sikit sikit ... lama lama jadi bukit !!

i know a guy who used to work in the container terminal ... he told me he *ahem* was "treated kopi" until he worried ... coz most of the companies want to have their containers released with priority. that was one of the contributing factors as to why he quit his job there as he was so stressed with "drinking kopi".

at the cargo complex, there is also an unspoken practice whereby outside ppl delivering goods here will ask any forklift driver around to unload their goods for them with a cash payment of $2. is this also bribery ? 

• Praise 1

i know a guy who used to work in the container terminal ... he told me he *ahem* was "treated kopi" until he worried ... coz most of the companies want to have their containers released with priority. that was one of the contributing factors as to why he quit his job there as he was so stressed with "drinking kopi".

at the cargo complex, there is also an unspoken practice whereby outside ppl delivering goods here will ask any forklift driver around to unload their goods for them with a cash payment of $2. is this also bribery ? 

Got Receipt/Invoice not Bribery....

Where to apply as a forklift driver!!! I have forklift license. [grin]

Sometimes when makimg deliveries to construction sites. When theres a pallet of goods need to be unloaded. Sometimes when theres a forklift with operator. Our drivers see liao happy coz can get them to unload wo using their own sweat n muscles.

Sometimes buy kopi to secure thr process leh.

Hmm

On 12/12/2018 at 9:23 PM, Spurman said:

One dollar can only get a kopi o kosong.

If they had asked for kopi instead... haiz.

And whoops 1 dollar shared by 2. Only half cup.

Fast track 5 years later, the $1 bribe cannot even buy that kopi o kosong ......

• Haha! 1

On 10/27/2023 at 6:53 AM, Sosaria said:

Fast track 5 years later, the $1 bribe cannot even buy that kopi o kosong ......

So these days the forklift operator must ask for $2 to keep up with inflation?

:D

• Haha! 1

On 10/27/2023 at 8:52 AM, Jamesc said:

So these days the forklift operator must ask for $2 to keep up with inflation?

Scammer nowadays ask for no less than 10 dollah just to "take bus home"...limpeh always say l'd walk with them... 😅

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 1

On 10/27/2023 at 8:59 AM, mersaylee said:

Scammer nowadays ask for no less than 10 dollah just to "take bus home"...limpeh always say l'd walk with them... 😅

Limpeh gentleman.

Young lady always offer to go home with them.

So no hum sup uncle follow them home.

First cum first service.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1