You might not get what you paid for when shopping online !

Ysc3

Sometimes, online shopping can be like a game of Russian roulette. You can hope that you get what you pay for but once in a while, the reality may be far off from your expectations.

Unfortunately, two Stompers got way less than they bargained for when they decided to purchase products online via Facebook.

Stomper Eve was excited when she was scrolling through Facebook and came across a portable projector that she thought would be the perfect Christmas gift for her son.

She clicked on a sponsored ad that appeared on her feed that was posted by a page called Fashion Products.

The ad redirected her to a website called yibeibuy.com.

"I was surprised that there was an option to pay in cash on delivery so I ordered one for $69 on Tuesday (Dec 11)," she said.

"The item came the very next day (Dec 12) and I paid when the delivery arrived.

"Although it was meant to be a present, I decided to open it and charge the projector for my son.

"It was black like what I had ordered online but when I looked closer it turned out to be a speaker with instructions in Chinese, like the ones you can get at a pasar malam for like $25."

Eve told Stomp that she messaged Fashion Products on Facebook and was asked to provide a tracking number and details.

However, she said that she was not given any.

"They didn't even give me an email confirmation when I placed my order.

"The person I was communicating with then said it was their page but not their link when I sent her screenshots taken from Facebook Marketplace."

46511435_762793530737374_113768860852263

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Everyone, just to share a website to condemn.

https://mycases.co/

Bought a watch from them on 11/11. After sending me an order number and a tracking number via email a week after order, the damn watch is still not delivered to me till today. They have said to contact them via email to inquire the shipment but never replied after asking them for three times.

I have contacted a few people overseas who bought from this site and most of them have not got the watch for months. Some got it months later but it is totally different from the picture (looks like those cheapskate children watch).

So please avoid buying from this site even on their pages in social media like Instagram and Facebook. Complete scammer!!!  [furious] 

Now thinking how to get back my USD50. 

1. Raise the dispute with the credit card company?

2. Keep waiting?

3. Keep complaining on their Instagram pages and email them until they give an answer? 

a few years back, i ordered a HU for about $170 on Aliexpress.

before i confirmed the order, i messaged the seller to ask if the size will fit and gave him the dimensions of the din.

he said it would cfm fit ! and the HU came about 2 weeks later.

but it could not fit as it was slightly bigger.

i took a photo of the mis-size and emailed aliexpress and requested for a partial refund of $25 and got it.

the seller initially told me that he would send me a fitting bezel and asked me to hold the refund process but i told him i will only pay back the $25 when i got the bezel.

in the end, the bezel never came and i had to modify the bezel myself.

Bought a watch from them on 11/11. After sending me an order number and a tracking number via email a week after order, the damn watch is still not delivered to me till today. They have said to contact them via email to inquire the shipment but never replied after asking them for three times.

I have contacted a few people overseas who bought from this site and most of them have not got the watch for months. Some got it months later but it is totally different from the picture (looks like those cheapskate children watch).

So please avoid buying from this site even on their pages in social media like Instagram and Facebook. Complete scammer!!! [furious]

2. Keep waiting?

3. Keep complaining on their Instagram pages and email them until they give an answer?

Seriously, u bought a watch online?

Cum on.. dun kid me

• Praise 7

Seriously, u bought a watch online?

Cum on.. dun kid meðð»

can lah, can buy watch online. I nearly bought a rolex online the other day too. But it was like $25, i thought it was too expensive to burn for my relative, so I didnt buy it in the end. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

never buy things on facebook all scam one cos they don,t have a proper website as well as contact information.If happen you must buy always pay by cash and checked item before paying.

• Praise 2

Also see if there's proper buyer's guarantee... And pay via PayPal when possible.

I have gotten back my money a few times in disputes.

• Praise 1

This is why u dont buy from sponsored post on fb

agree, my wife click one on her FB ask me to sign up and get something for her. I sign up with an accounts and test it with their 'free gift' paid for the shipping fee (less than a dollar) but the gift never arrived.

So please avoid buying from this site even on their pages in social media like Instagram and Facebook. Complete scammer!!!  [furious] 

2. Keep waiting?

Faster file CC dispute la.

What does the tracking number say?

Buy from qoo10 better

I tried from facebooks its more ex and alot scam

Ya. Once saw a FB ad selling a AE86 diecast model. Fully open and very detail for 60USD. The page were filled with people commenting that they received a plastic toy car instead. 

Qoo10 has it's risks too. i had 2 cases where the product delivered is not the same as the one i ordered. One was a 128gb SD card. The one that came is a fake. The other is a TGSP for my phone. Ordered full screen and they delivered the partial cover only. Both sellers are from China. Local sellers are quite good though, but prices are generally higher than Aliexpress.