• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:28 PM

Nostalgia
  • Nostalgia
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I have an XBox One S purchased in a bundle with a laptop over a year ago, and played infrequently by my kids.  Recently, I was unable to turn it on.   I have searched the net and this seems to be a common occurrence, with the only official help from Microsoft being 'unplug it for 10 seconds and then plug in again'.

Not having any other choice, I tried to apply for a service request on the Microsoft website, and was presented with only one option - Pay SGD 190 for an exchange.

So...for a common fault, the only option is to pay more than 50% of the street price for a replacement unit?

Does anyone here have any experience with this fault, and know of someplace else where this can be serviced?

Honestly, had I known of the appalling service terms, I would never have bought an XBox.  I don't think I will ever buy one again.

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:58 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Did you confirm whether it's just a faulty power adapter? If so just buy replacement from SLT.

Posted 15 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

Nostalgia
  • Nostalgia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Did you confirm whether it's just a faulty power adapter? If so just buy replacement from SLT.

It's all built-in.  There's just a power cable from the back of the unit.  No separate power adapter.

Posted 15 December 2018 - 06:42 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you got a multimeter and a bit of electrical knowledge .. open it up and test if there's any DC current coming out from the internal power adapter. Don't try if you're not confident.

It's all built-in.  There's just a power cable from the back of the unit.  No separate power adapter.

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:36 PM

heatwave
  • heatwave
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I also bought an XBox One S recently and everything works perfect. I'm big fan of gaming too.  I found info on DrakeMall unboxing about website where every buyer can win cool items and want to try my luck too. The best part is that it's a win-win game.

Back to Men's Hobby  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: #xbox, #warranty, #service, xbox and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users