XBox One S service options?

Nostalgia

I have an XBox One S purchased in a bundle with a laptop over a year ago, and played infrequently by my kids.  Recently, I was unable to turn it on.   I have searched the net and this seems to be a common occurrence, with the only official help from Microsoft being 'unplug it for 10 seconds and then plug in again'.

Not having any other choice, I tried to apply for a service request on the Microsoft website, and was presented with only one option - Pay SGD 190 for an exchange.

So...for a common fault, the only option is to pay more than 50% of the street price for a replacement unit?

Does anyone here have any experience with this fault, and know of someplace else where this can be serviced?

Honestly, had I known of the appalling service terms, I would never have bought an XBox.  I don't think I will ever buy one again.

↡ Advertisement

Did you confirm whether it's just a faulty power adapter? If so just buy replacement from SLT.

It's all built-in.  There's just a power cable from the back of the unit.  No separate power adapter.

I also bought an XBox One S recently and everything works perfect. I'm big fan of gaming too.  I found info on DrakeMall unboxing about website where every buyer can win cool items and want to try my luck too. The best part is that it's a win-win game.

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1