COE Bidding – 2nd Round of December 2018

Dilemma

Looking at the nov sales figures of audi, mercs, bmw and vw, looks like they sold more cars in nov. Cat b should be ard the same price. I tin cat a will continue to drop.

On the side note, mercs sales drop in nov. Congrats.

Edited by Logtas
↡ Advertisement

Looks like not a good time to buy car.

In a demand higher than suply economy, When one finds that it is not a good time to buy, some others will come in to buy.

Due to not month end and bonus not in bank yet.

Slow economy.

Car show next month.

Cat A 22801

Cat B 29501

Thousands of public servants have got their bonuses in before this round.

Predict between 23568 and 25000.

In a demand higher than suply economy, When one finds that it is not a good time to buy, some others will come in to buy.

agree. was at a few showrooms over the past few weeks. extremely crowded and the SEs are fully occupied. furthermore, i don't believe that people would need to wait for their bonuses to be physically in their bank accounts before they book their cars right. once bonuses are declared, off to the showrooms...  

• Praise 1

agree. was at a few showrooms over the past few weeks. extremely crowded and the SEs are fully occupied. furthermore, i don't believe that people would need to wait for their bonuses to be physically in their bank accounts before they book their cars right. once bonuses are declared, off to the showrooms...  

precisely. There are 12 months per year and there are no bonus for 11 months,  but there are still many people buying cars without bonus. I dont understand the logics. 

$20k+ Cat A COE is quite difficult to believe just a few years ago. Many are waiting for this moment to change cars.

It is a bit strange that I don't see many SMA to SMG cars on the road. Most are still SK_ to SL_.

guess you are happy with Kia Stonic? :D

this new model arrived at Singapore already?

precisely. There are 12 months per year and there are no bonus for 11 months, but there are still many people buying cars without bonus. I dont understand the logics.

I think they don't wait for bonuses to buy the car immediately. Cos unless you earn a lot, your bonus will barely make the deposit. Don't think it will hit the downpayment.

Someone who takes home $7k(after cpf) with 13th month plus one month bonus will only take home $14k extra which is only sufficient for deposit.

Unless the person has lots of savings or has earmarked all his bonus just for deposit for a new car, I don't think a person will purchase a car based on the simple fact that bonus has arrived.

So I think if demands goes up its because coe has gone down and people on the sidelines are rushing in. It's not because of bonus.

It might be different for motorbikes though.

My two cents.

• Praise 1

$20k+ Cat A COE is quite difficult to believe just a few years ago. Many are waiting for this moment to change cars.

It is a bit strange that I don't see many SMA to SMG cars on the road. Most are still SK_ to SL_.

Perhaps its your area? My side can see quite a number of SMA vehicles onward  :XD:

I think they don't wait for bonuses to buy the car immediately. Cos unless you earn a lot, your bonus will barely make the deposit. Don't think it will hit the downpayment.

Someone who takes home $7k(after cpf) with 13th month plus one month bonus will only take home $14k extra which is only sufficient for deposit.

Unless the person has lots of savings or has earmarked all his bonus just for deposit for a new car, I don't think a person will purchase a car based on the simple fact that bonus has arrived.

So I think if demands goes up its because coe has gone down and people on the sidelines are rushing in. It's not because of bonus.

It might be different for motorbikes though.

My two cents.

certainly not for my circle of friends.... maybe only 2 or 3 rushed in

most of those who want to change cars or have their current cars' COE expiring, still adopting a wait and see attitude until next year...

guess you are happy with Kia Stonic? :D

this new model arrived at Singapore already?

yes.. in for a few weeks already but hidden as test-drive set. finally launched in showroom last weekend. thought it would be quite a well-received cat-A car. apart from it being small (intentional as a crossover anyway), it's quite value for money with lower tax and fc. 

Edited by Stonichahahehe

Do see some SMD SME SMF. Recently saw 2 SMGs. When were all these collected? Oct-dec?

there are 600,000 cars on the road, SK_ and SL_ make up about 530,000, the other 70,000 are SMA - SMG, by proportion, you would see 8 to 9 SK/SL car before you would  see 1 SMX car. 

there are 600,000 cars on the road, SK_ and SL_ make up about 530,000, the other 70,000 are SMA - SMG, by proportion, you would see 8 to 9 SK/SL car before you would  see 1 SMX car. 

I see far less SM_ cars.  Probably 20 SK_ and SL_ for every SM_, and majority are SMA (Apr 2018).

Do see some SMD SME SMF. Recently saw 2 SMGs. When were all these collected? Oct-dec?

IDENTIFICATION MARKS FOR CARS REGISTERED IN SINGAPORE

SMD 2018 (Jun)

SME 2018 (Jul)

SMF 2018 (Aug)

SMG 2018 (Oct)

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/Car_Prefix.pdf

COE price got nothing to do with number of new cars on the road, it is the COE quota that count. Be it $20K or $90k, there are always takers in each bidding.

COE price got nothing to do with number of new cars on the road, it is the COE quota that count. Be it $20K or $90k, there are always takers in each bidding.

The two paragraphs are not really related.  I actually meant that there are COE secured with buyers changing cars, but deliveries are delayed.  Therefore, I think there is room for Feb-Apr 2019 quota to be as generous as this quarter, and COE Cat A should remain quite soft at around $20k until Apr 2019.

• Praise 1

I see far less SM_ cars.  Probably 20 SK_ and SL_ for every SM_, and majority are SMA (Apr 2018).

SMD 2018 (Jun)

SME 2018 (Jul)

SMF 2018 (Aug)

SMG 2018 (Oct)

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/Car_Prefix.pdf

Car plate now moves so fast, like back in the era when coe was super low? One month utilize one car plate series?

I see far less SM_ cars. Probably 20 SK_ and SL_ for every SM_, and majority are SMA (Apr 2018).

SMD 2018 (Jun)

SME 2018 (Jul)

SMF 2018 (Aug)

SMG 2018 (Oct)

Does this date also refer to the deregistration date of old car, assuming existing owner? If so it is earlier than i expected. Thought SMG is in nov.
↡ Advertisement