COE Bidding – 2nd Round of December 2018

Dilemma

Not really. The COE your AD paid is $25,501. This should be the COE the AD prepared and therefore budded aggressively for you. They already calculated the profit margin. THe AD only earn a bit lesser. You gain as COE higher than your rebate level.

Not correct.

Edited by Carlson55
↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, can I ask how does guaranteed COE works? It's stated on brochure 20k. Today's bidding end at $25,501 and my SE bidded $27,023 and i got the bidding successfully. Does that means he lost approx 1.5k or profit?

I am in the same situation, but does it also mean I have to pay the excess? Regardless of the net value? Or its all factored in the net value that we agreed on with the SC?

Sorry, first buy new car, don’t know how all these works

I am in the same situation, but does it also mean I have to pay the excess? Regardless of the net value? Or its all factored in the net value that we agreed on with the SC?

Sorry, first buy new car, donât know how all these works

You do not need to top up. What car did you get?

The last sentence doesnt sound right...

correct lah, gain the sense of having  satisfaction . .....song. 

Edited by Ct3833

Sorry, first buy new car, don’t know how all these works

FOr my case, my SE says if they bid higher than 20k no need top up. If final bidding is lower than 20k, they will refund the difference between bidding and 20k. Mine is Kah Motor.

FOr my case, my SE says if they bid higher than 20k no need top up. If final bidding is lower than 20k, they will refund the difference between bidding and 20k. Mine is Kah Motor.

1)If secured COE "UP" from the COE when booked the car, paper gain.

2)If secured COE "DOWN" from the COE when booked the car, but still above COE rebate, more profit for AD

3)If secured COE "DOWN" from the COE when booked the car, but below COE rebate, buyer get refund of difference.

Question. Motorshow is 1 day after jan 1st bidding. Will ADs still price it according to coe, or will it be a case of not increasing price even if coe increased?

Question. Motorshow is 1 day after jan 1st bidding. Will ADs still price it according to coe, or will it be a case of not increasing price even if coe increased?

No one knows.

Assumption is car prices are announced for the motorshow prior to coe bidding. I don't think they can print pamphlets within 24 hours.

So

If coe drops

1) price might be the same

2) price might be the same but more discounts given

3) prices slashed - stick new price tag over old one

Coe maintains

1) No change

2) Price cut - motorshow only discount

3) Price increase - motorshow premium in anticipation of coe rise (complimentary upgrade to guarantees bid)

Coe rises

1) price maintains - just for motorshow

2) price increases - in line with coe increase

3) price cuts - just for motorshow but will be non guarantees bids

So you see, anything can happen.

• Praise 1

No one knows.

Assumption is car prices are announced for the motorshow prior to coe bidding. I don't think they can print pamphlets within 24 hours.

So

If coe drops

1) price might be the same

2) price might be the same but more discounts given

3) prices slashed - stick new price tag over old one

Coe maintains

1) No change

2) Price cut - motorshow only discount

3) Price increase - motorshow premium in anticipation of coe rise (complimentary upgrade to guarantees bid)

Coe rises

1) price maintains - just for motorshow

2) price increases - in line with coe increase

3) price cuts - just for motorshow but will be non guarantees bids

So you see, anything can happen.

Car brochures may take awhile to design and print, BUT car prices can easily take few mins to print. That’s why car price list has always been printed on seperate A4 paper.

U can trust car agents on that. They have 101 patterns to entice buyers to the car show.

Looking at next year , despite economy not doing so well ,

U think coe or car price will go up?

We have motorshow in jan , once clear back log will have cars@expo.

Better to continue observing or grab now?

Why economy not doing well got to do with the sales of the car? Can afford to buy car are those folk that affected or not affected by economy?

If you have done your homework, you will know u are making a meaningless comment. How many times have record proven that Coe price has nothing to do with economy but quota?

Can you explain why still people bought their cars when COE was 90K? Economy very good issit, big bonus issit?

Buy when u need it and can afford it.

• Praise 1

Maybe motorshow pricelist will be out the weekend before jan 1st bidding? No idea how AD will play it out. Has there been a case of motorshow/cars@expo occuring 1 day after bidding result?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/coe-prices-rise-for-small-cars-motorcycles-and-open-category-in-latest-round-of

Mr Nicholas Wong, general manager of Honda agent Kah Motor, attributed the climb in the small-car premiums to the recently released figures for deregistration of cars in October and November.

Where to see the dereg figures?

Found. Under de-registration

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/publications-and-research.html

Edited by assiak71
↡ Advertisement