Lorry altercation with cyclist at Pasir Ris

1fast1

When you see a pack of mad dogs growling and blocking your pathway you can choose to detour or insist on your right of way and walk right through.

Of course, you have rights but in this case even if you can legally cycle two abreast the point is you are causing inconvenience to vehicles. Many vehicles are affected cos an individual insist he is entitled to his rights and acts on it. Where is the give and take in this case?

Insist on your right, ya go ahead....... once you meet a bigger a**hole you are screwed.

Cyclist wanna play with a lorry?

Really stupid. End up dead never mind, end up with a permanent limp then see how you cycle your atas bike and wear your leotards next time.........

• Praise 15

The way I see it, the lorry driver lost control of his vehicle after the shock and lost of his mirror when the cyclist hammer him. The cyclist is the aggressor here.

Maybe it's one of the 2 breast uncle from the previous clip.

If the lorry driver starts an online funding appeal for defense costs etc I think he can get quite a bit of moolah.

If the lorry driver starts an online funding appeal for defense costs etc I think he can get quite a bit of moolah.

if cyclist ask for crowdfunding to repair his bike leh? :XD:

• Praise 1

I rode Brompton daily to work with no issue for 5+ years.

It is all about route choice.

Its about being considerate and knowing road conditions

You are, he isnt

Provided its not obstructing faster traffic la

A pain in the ass cyclist, clearly and literally too.

Hipe he recovers and learns a life lesson

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 5

i thought it was debated before that 2 abreast is outdated.

All cyclists should stick to single file?

I don't think so but good road safety, matured road usage discipline and being considerate would be more appropriate.

For example ,if a group cycling in the evening or early morning on a less congested road , by all mean go cycling abreast , or if any group cycling around Lim chu kang, that is fine too. But if a group try cycling abreast around crowded city road and is unable pace the speed of the traffic flow , it will be inconsderate of them to do so.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

Is it safe to say that if the lorry had a bit of patience, this wouldn't have happened?

Is it safe to say that if the cylist didnt purposely block the lorry and attack it, this wouldnt have happened?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Wan sui wan sui wan wan sui

Cool video

• Praise 5

Is there a link to the appeal? I don't support or encourage the behavior of the lorryman, but I will help him this time around for making a foolish mistake. Edited by Ct3833

It's about doing the right thing at that moment. It's like walking on the pavement. If you like to walk in a slower pace it is all good. But if someone else is walking along the same path at a faster pace, then why make way and let that person pass. You can then continue with your own pace and that person can continue with his.

The cyclist is following the same start-stop road traffic pace. Moving to the side and let the lorry pass really doesn't impact him in any way at all. He just has to ease off his peddle, move to the side and that's it.

Everybody can continue with their journey. It's really poor situation awareness and not doing the right thing.

It is ok to be slow. But don't hold up other people. The same goes for walking on pavement, its the same on the road. Surely we don't need to be become a rule for people to have this kind of common sense?

You are absolutely right.

But actually cyclist has very very good situation awareness.

Saw that snigger when he blocked the lorry.

He knew that he was building up tension, very good situation awareness.

He just over rated himself or under rated his “opponent”

Muayhahahahahahahahaha

• Praise 7