U confirmed WRONG lor. I am a OWNER and I RETAINED my number lor.
Reading from onemotoring is for OWNER ownself do one. Dealer got another set.
I watched the LTA messages of all the transactions throughout the buying process lor.
Your step 1 2 3 ALSO WRONG lor, as long as you want to retain number, MUST PAY $1300 FIRST. Regardless what you want to do with the number.
If you put retained number in a new car, you will be refunded the 1000+ lor, there is 3 options on the way to refund, so choose wisely.
Owner apply, retained number is valid for 1 year. For dealer, ONLY valid for 1 MONTH lor, this is what I was informed by LTA as dealer transact.
Lol. Whatever u deem fit, I do number plate transaction more than u and that’s confirm.
Find out ur facts first. Says who retain is $1300, u didn’t know dereg to retain? Do u? Either dealer or owner can dereg to retain and it only cost $100. (Must be under PERM ownership for dealer)
So tell me,
1. can owner retain number after deregisteration? If yes, how much to pay?
2. So if dereg to retain, to put on new vehicle prior to registeration, how much to pay?
3. So if just outright retention but car not dereg, how much to pay?
4. So after outright retention without car being deregistered, how much to pay to replace another existing vehicle with existing VRN?
5. If outright retention without vehicle being dereg, how much to pay for number plate to be registered for new vehicle?
Owner/Dealer all subject to same terms and condition. Even ESA, no diff, why I say so? Cos I am a ESA and I do a lot of numberplate transfers. VRN that belongs to dealer under TEMP ownership cannot retain numberplate period! So there is no such thing such as 1 mth. There is no such thing as dealer retain is for 1 mth, then all my number plates no need sell Liao, lol.
The difference is TEMP ownership and PERM ownership, dealer can use TEMP ownership but CANNOT retain number. Only PERM ownership can retain numberplate.
Eg. I bidded a number from LTA, I paid 2000 waited for a year and near expiry, I replaced with a vehicle going to scrap (under my dealer PERM ownership) paid $321 and immediately deregistered the car with retention. I paid $100 and hold for another 12months. So I think I just hacked LTA, cos I retain for 1yr :)
Edited by cmcex, 30 December 2018 - 11:04 PM.