Advice needed for private settlement claim

Meelee

then likely there will be loading on his insurance

Why is that so? I am merely asking TS to make a report to inform his insurance company of the occurrence and settled through private settlement.

↡ Advertisement

Why is that so? I am merely asking TS to make a report to inform his insurance company of the occurrence and settled through private settlement.

maybe kiasee ba...

you can try check with your insurance company to confirm

Don't need any professional to write as there are already templates out there from respective insurance coys. In my review, the dispute is here because they didn't do a financial settlement but instead went to a workshop. Workmanship can easily be disputed but $500 transferred into a bank account can't be disputed.

https://www.income.com.sg/forms/claims/motor-private-settlement

https://www.aig.sg/content/dam/aig/apac/singapore/documents/forms/mutual_settlement_form_for_motor_accident.pdf

Just sharing my experience for private settlement. Print a few copies of private settlement letter and put in your glove compartment.

1. In the event of accident and both parties decided to opt for private settlement, do inform your insurance company of the accident within 24h and inform them that you planned to go for private settlement. I had friends that was played out by the other party who went to report insurance and decided against private settlement in the next day.
  2. If you are at fault, suggest the other party to use his/her workshop or send to your workshop. Unless their workshop quoted very high, give and take since it is your fault.
  3. After the initial quote from the workshop, use the private settlement form and pay the owner or workshop the repair cost and get both to sign the settlement form. In this case, you protected yourself from any warranty dispute with the repair, and any dispute will be between the workshop and the other party.
  4. Lastly, fax or email the signed private settlement letter to your insurance company to close your case.

Hope none of you need the above procedures.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

These forms will come in handy.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/pdf/accident-kit-essential-forms.pdf

1. Private Repair Settlement Form
  2. Private Cash Settlement Form
  3. Accident Detail Form

Print extra copies. Always keep a pen and some blank pieces of paper in the car. Never know when you'll need it though I hope you'll never need it.

• Praise 5

As long as the letter indicates Offer + Acceptance + Consideration = Binding contract.

You have paid what is due. The workmanship good or not good boh tai chi.

Unless the letter states that do up the car swee swee kilat kilat then got problem.

These forms will come in handy.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/pdf/accident-kit-essential-forms.pdf

1. Private Repair Settlement Form
  2. Private Cash Settlement Form
  3. Accident Detail Form

Print extra copies. Always keep a pen and some blank pieces of paper in the car. Never know when you'll need it though I hope you'll never need it.

Pretty useful if printed out and include it in the welcome gift pack. Irrelevant.

Edited by UncleAtas

Internal Moderator

As long as the letter indicates Offer + Acceptance + Consideration = Binding contract.

Unless the letter states that do up the car swee swee kilat kilat then got problem.

Pretty useful if printed out and include it in the welcome gift pack.

We used to print these out and include them in the welcome gift pack. Comes with carbon copy for other party too. If I'm not wrong this practice has been discontinued? Just print out yourself.  [flowerface]

When he drive off from the workshop did he signed any document? Like collection date/time?

If so I doubt the other has case against you.

Even civil suit will not be in his favour as well. I am sure settlement form did not indicate the repair work done to his satisfaction.

If his want to pursue let him go ahead. Waste if money and time. Different workshop has different skill set very subjective. So if he drive the car to your workshop and accept to let his car repair there than not your concern at all.

Insurer I am sure he didn't report as well. If is scaring you. If he really want to report to insurer he would already done so for the damages from his last accident.

No worry.

He did not sign anything but I do have his text telling me he is driving the car back.

Settlement letter definitely did not state to his satisfaction.

I don't think it will be worth to go for a civil suit. Haha

mine ah seng WS better than ah Beng WS.

Dispute fight case?

Hahaha no worry TS.

Your pte settlement form did not state repair must be to his satisfaction. Furthermore the workshop would had informed him what need to repair from start.

I thought just a small bang, get him to my workshop, repair, pay and case closed. But who knows he is an a$$hole..

A lesson learnt..

And alot of things to learn here too!

As long as the letter indicates Offer + Acceptance + Consideration = Binding contract.

Pretty useful if printed out and include it in the welcome gift pack. Irrelevant.

My workshop did mentioned that I have made good and he drove the car away. So it should be fine. Police can't do anything.

Will wait for 1 to 2 weeks see if there is anything from him

My workshop did mentioned that I have made good and he drove the car away. So it should be fine. Police can't do anything.

Will wait for 1 to 2 weeks see if there is anything from him

I got into a minor accident few weeks back.

This happened on SLE. A reckless driver kept on changing lane from left to right and take over.

Story cut short.

The damages on his car was just a 50cents graze and he wanted to change the whole bumper and ask for $750. Citing that not practical to respray and etc.

So I told him, Sorry but I don't have that kind of money to GIVE OUT. Go report to insurance. As I will report to mine with the DVR footage of the events. AND just nice, the famous RED VEZEL was behind me and trying to ask if everything ok or not.

Till this date, no news of his claims.

This happened on SLE. A reckless driver kept on changing lane from left to right and take over.

Story cut short.

The damages on his car was just a 50cents graze and he wanted to change the whole bumper and ask for $750. Citing that not practical to respray and etc.

So I told him, Sorry but I don't have that kind of money to GIVE OUT. Go report to insurance. As I will report to mine with the DVR footage of the events. AND just nice, the famous RED VEZEL was behind me and trying to ask if everything ok or not.

Good to hear that jerk is not claiming you. Just a graze and he want to change a new bumper??!! Sucker. Sometimes these r the drivers who caused accidents on the road.

I shall see this few weeks if i hear anything. There shouldn't be a police case. Unless he want a civil sue.

For those 2 days he left his car in your mechanic workshop place ... did you not have to compensate him for loss of usage of his car??

If he did not ask.... thats nice of him, or the WS arranged a car for him??

BTW how much did you have to pay the WS for the repairs??

Good to hear that jerk is not claiming you. Just a graze and he want to change a new bumper??!! Sucker. Sometimes these r the drivers who caused accidents on the road.

I shall see this few weeks if i hear anything. There shouldn't be a police case. Unless he want a civil sue.

• Praise 1

For those 2 days he left his car in your mechanic workshop place ... did you not have to compensate him for loss of usage of his car??

If he did not ask.... thats nice of him, or the WS arranged a car for him??

BTW how much did you have to pay the WS for the repairs??

He did not ask for any compensation or replacement car. But I told him he can claim taxi fare to collect his car.

I paid $450 for the repairs.

This happened on SLE. A reckless driver kept on changing lane from left to right and take over.

Story cut short.

later he poton jalan make police report and claim u how ? you 2 exchanged info i?  

I ever heard some cases where both parties agreed to go separate way but later 1 party flip loti prata 

• Praise 1

Yup.  I bet you never report IDAC.  It is a SOP statement lor, if you want to claim counter party insurance.  DO NOT repair car under private settlement.  Like all insurance claim, it is a one way ticket.

Once selected you cannot revert and all other avenue is closed lor.

For example, you decided to claim third party and the claim failed.  You cannot revert to ownself claim ownself.

So think wisely before filing a claim lor.

Oh is this true? That once the person has gone down to w/s to carry out the repairs, he cant claim anymore? Say for eg TS's case, the other party suddenly decides after the repair that the job is not satisfactory or what and wanna claim insurance. Is that possible?

• Praise 1

He did not ask for any compensation or replacement car. But I told him he can claim taxi fare to collect his car.

I paid $450 for the repairs.

Looks like a straight forward chap but later people might have agitated him , I kenna about 6 months back which was what was just scratched on the bumper but the workshop bill came to $1k and I just paid it off for what I thought would have cost only no more than $200 respray job, my excess was already $500/-.... my vehicle fender also slight scratches only left 1 Year Coe only ... I did not bother to do anything, also both parties signed the Private Settlement form , BTW the front car person sent to her own WS so I was at mercy to her whims and fancies
  • Praise 1

Looks like a straight forward chap but later people might have agitated him , I kenna about 6 months back which was what was just scratched on the bumper but the workshop bill came to $1k and I just paid it off for what I thought would have cost only no more than $200 respray job, my excess was already $500/-.... my vehicle fender also slight scratches only left 1 Year Coe only ... I did not bother to do anything, also both parties signed the Private Settlement form , BTW the front car person sent to her own WS so I was at mercy to her whims and fancies

He seems like a nice man initially but after that he became so calculative.

Usually if they go to own WS, the bill will definitely be sky high.

His car is a after COE car. And my car is less than 3 yrs old, I also can't be bothered to do any touch up.

We used to print these out and include them in the welcome gift pack. Comes with carbon copy for other party too. If I'm not wrong this practice has been discontinued? Just print out yourself. [flowerface]

Ntuc income used to give out such pte settlement form during policy renewal.

Probably due to bad omen nowadays hey don't give them out anymore.

↡ Advertisement