Advice needed for private settlement claim

Meelee

He seems like a nice man initially but after that he became so calculative.

Usually if they go to own WS, the bill will definitely be sky high.

His car is a after COE car. And my car is less than 3 yrs old, I also can't be bothered to do any touch up.

His might be 3rd party only since it is a coe car.
↡ Advertisement

I think I shared my experience here before. I have a slight kiss on another car and he wanted $400 for settlement. Although I am tempted to agree, I decided to to insurance to be safe. Well, I received a copy from his workshop to my insurance company claiming $10K. So how did a $400 turns into $10K? Of course it is under insurance, I didn't follow up. 

Whether it is $400 or $10K, between the insurance, even if it is finally settled at $4K, motorists compelled to buy insurance would have to pay for something not necessary to feed these blood suckers. They do not add value to society. Definitely not a healthy sign here. 

• Praise 1

I think I shared my experience here before. I have a slight kiss on another car and he wanted $400 for settlement. Although I am tempted to agree, I decided to to insurance to be safe. Well, I received a copy from his workshop to my insurance company claiming $10K. So how did a $400 turns into $10K? Of course it is under insurance, I didn't follow up. 

Whether it is $400 or $10K, between the insurance, even if it is finally settled at $4K, motorists compelled to buy insurance would have to pay for something not necessary to feed these blood suckers. They do not add value to society. Definitely not a healthy sign here. 

10k? some people just wanna watch the world burn lor. all the workshops that contribute to such repair costs...... haix....

He seems like a nice man initially but after that he became so calculative.

Usually if they go to own WS, the bill will definitely be sky high.

His car is a after COE car. And my car is less than 3 yrs old, I also can't be bothered to do any touch up.

sometimes due to friends also. they go back n tell the friends in groupchat or what then some friends will say if i were u i claim more etc... though the one at fault should bear the repair cost but if can, dont take advantage lor. if pple admit their mistake n willing to compensate or repair, the best we can do is try to be reasonable within our means/acceptable standard. dont claim for something not done by others.next time will have karma. recently  had something similar happened to a friend also.

• Praise 2

10k? some people just wanna watch the world burn lor. all the workshops that contribute to such repair costs...... haix....

sometimes due to friends also. they go back n tell the friends in groupchat or what then some friends will say if i were u i claim more etc... though the one at fault should bear the repair cost but if can, dont take advantage lor. if pple admit their mistake n willing to compensate or repair, the best we can do is try to be reasonable within our means/acceptable standard. dont claim for something not done by others.next time will have karma. recently  had something similar happened to a friend also.

yea, i agree with you totally. some people are just so mean, want to take advantage of others!!

I got into a minor accident few weeks back.

This happened on SLE. A reckless driver kept on changing lane from left to right and take over.

Story cut short.

The damages on his car was just a 50cents graze and he wanted to change the whole bumper and ask for $750. Citing that not practical to respray and etc.

So I told him, Sorry but I don't have that kind of money to GIVE OUT. Go report to insurance. As I will report to mine with the DVR footage of the events. AND just nice, the famous RED VEZEL was behind me and trying to ask if everything ok or not.

Till this date, no news of his claims.

what famous red vezel?

• Praise 1

Why isn't it the insurance company fault?

You could have approach them for the breakdown and contest the claim

You ownself bochup, insurer bochup then whose fault... Not you pay also you bochup

Like this not pot calling kettle black meh

His might be 3rd party only since it is a coe car.ð

Dont worry. He has no case against you.

If he tio sue, you help him chut lawyer fee ar Edited by Galantspeedz

Why isn't it the insurance company fault?

You could have approach them for the breakdown and contest the claim

You ownself bochup, insurer bochup then whose fault... Not you pay also you bochup

Like this not pot calling kettle black meh

If he tio sue, you help him chut lawyer fee ar

When you let insurance handle a case, you want to response directly har? You think insurance company will pay whatever the other party claim? End of the day, they buddy and selttle privately. Cost will be redistributed lor. Isnt that how it works?

When you let insurance handle a case, you want to response directly har? You think insurance company will pay whatever the other party claim? End of the day, they buddy and selttle privately. Cost will be redistributed lor. Isnt that how it works?

Redistributed yes... so everyone has to bear cost for you that's why you bochup.... precisely my point ... so now you know why workshop do what they do

You don't response to the other insurer but response to your own insurer and if you find repair cost is unfair you can always dispute

Redistributed yes... so everyone has to bear cost for you that's why you bochup.... precisely my point ... so now you know why workshop do what they do

You don't response to the other insurer but response to your own insurer and if you find repair cost is unfair you can always dispute

Why respond to my insurance if my own repair is reasonable leh? You are trying to say i must teach my insurance company that the other party claim is unreasonable? I have provided all the photographs and also stated that the other party agreement to setlle at $400. Ultimately, it is for them to verify how it could be $10k. My advise is, unless you wish to contest the other party in court, don't get involve. Just provide your insurance company all supoorting documents. You alone cannot get justy for historical problem.

Why respond to my insurance if my own repair is reasonable leh? You are trying to say i must teach my insurance company that the other party claim is unreasonable? I have provided all the photographs and also stated that the other party agreement to setlle at $400. Ultimately, it is for them to verify how it could be $10k. My advise is, unless you wish to contest the other party in court, don't get involve. Just provide your insurance company all supoorting documents. You alone cannot get justy for historical problem.

Culture is hard to change but raising questions may slowly change mindset

But of cuz if everyone mindset is aiya anyway insurance pay why bother.... there will be people taking advantage...

And you may refer to the Porsche repair link I posted....

this case give us a good example or lesson.

if accident want to private settle,

alway go the victim workshop repair after agreeing on amount.

like that finish repair liao, cannot complain repair not up to standard

( its already the issue between ws and victim )

• Praise 1

this case give us a good example or lesson.

if accident want to private settle,

alway go the victim workshop repair after agreeing on amount.

like that finish repair liao, cannot complain repair not up to standard

( its already the issue between ws and victim )

Yes but then the other party may complain tio carrot

Actually what I would have done is both go to whichever workshop ...get a quote.. if reasonable settle in cash if not claim insurance... then up to the person want to repair anot

• Praise 1

Actually what I would have done is both go to whichever workshop ...get a quote.. if reasonable settle in cash if not claim insurance... then up to the person want to repair anot

Can't be tio carrot since you get the assessment from his WS before deciding if you wanna settle the claim.

normally before private settlement will confirm the amount first.

Say i hit u , u are the victim, u quote me go your WS repair, total 2k,

if i accept, then we sign the private settlement form,

then i give u 2k, u go repair.

after that non of my business liao.

like this settle more simple and fuss free right.

rather then bring to my WS, i request cheap cheap repair (1k only),

then not up to your standard

( i believe as a victim u have every right to go to your own WS , and reject my WS or any other WS that u dun trust.) 

cos i kayu i hit u ma.

if the accident have alot to be debate, both side cannot agree whos fault, then wont have private settle liao, should be insurance settle.

or last case, both side very steady, sign form, and ownself settle own damage,

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 3

normally before private settlement will confirm the amount first.

Say i hit u , u are the victim, u quote me go your WS repair, total 2k,

if i accept, then we sign the private settlement form,

then i give u 2k, u go repair.

after that non of my business liao.

like this settle more simple and fuss free right.

rather then bring to my WS, i request cheap cheap repair (1k only),

then not up to your standard

Totally agree
↡ Advertisement