Advice needed for private settlement claim

Meelee

Why isn't it the insurance company fault?

You could have approach them for the breakdown and contest the claim

You ownself bochup, insurer bochup then whose fault... Not you pay also you bochup

Like this not pot calling kettle black meh

If he tio sue, you help him chut lawyer fee ar

Sue on what ground? Don't spread fear. Every month I see at least one case such touching here and there from my company fleet of vehicles.
↡ Advertisement

this case give us a good example or lesson.

if accident want to private settle,

alway go the victim workshop repair after agreeing on amount.

like that finish repair liao, cannot complain repair not up to standard

( its already the issue between ws and victim )

Not really.

Altis rear end my compnay pick up.

Both went to my company workshop for quote. The repair cost for pick up and altis were around 500 plus. He doesn't want to pay up instead insist we go to his workshop. Fine. His workshop turn out quoted an even higher price around 1k. Now altis want to come back to my workshop. I told the manager straight away ignore his phone call and report insurance. Ask the worker go do a medical check up. Given you a chance and still such sissy!

Months later informEd by jnsurance company everything all in around 5k.

• Praise 1

normally before private settlement will confirm the amount first.

Say i hit u , u are the victim, u quote me go your WS repair, total 2k,

if i accept, then we sign the private settlement form,

then i give u 2k, u go repair.

after that non of my business liao.

like this settle more simple and fuss free right.

rather then bring to my WS, i request cheap cheap repair (1k only),

then not up to your standard

( i believe as a victim u have every right to go to your own WS , and reject my WS or any other WS that u dun trust.)

cos i kayu i hit u ma.

if the accident have alot to be debate, both side cannot agree whos fault, then wont have private settle liao, should be insurance settle.

or last case, both side very steady, sign form, and ownself settle own damage,

I will keep this in mind for private settlement. Hopefully I won't ever need to use it again!!

Sue on what ground? Don't spread fear. Every month I see at least one case such touching here and there from my company fleet of vehicles. ð

To TS no worry.

I not spreading fear... You don't need to have grounds to sue.. You only need money then see who balls shrink first

I not spreading fear... You don't need to have grounds to sue.. You only need money then see who balls shrink first

Common sense!

If the other party willing to report insurance or going the route of civil claim he would not had gone to TS workshop in the first place.

Your ball shrink!

It is never the logical way if you have insurance coverage. Even if you lost all NCB, it is still far cheaper than to sue. I can only think of 1 reason to sue, you cannot claim from your own insurance and the lost is too high that you must sue to recover. Of course you are right, deep pocket wins.

It is never the logical way if you have insurance coverage. Even if you lost all NCB, it is still far cheaper than to sue. I can only think of 1 reason to sue, you cannot claim from your own insurance and the lost is too high that you must sue to recover. Of course you are right, deep pocket wins.

In this particular issue, because of the private settlement then insurance may reject to process any claim ..

Then is up to the fellow to decide if it is worth the time and money to go after the other party

Till now we have not seen any pics of the accident cars and letter so we can only can take whatever is being said at face value

But obviously if one person only want to listen to good things there is nothing much we can do

Common sense!

If the other party willing to report insurance or going the route of civil claim he would not had gone to TS workshop in the first place.

Your ball shrink!

He went to TS workshop to get his car repaired

Now car not repaired to his satisfaction

2 different things

And if he is out to carrot, why will he go to TS workshop and not his own workshop.... after all TS admit he at fault liao

Chill chill.. i know everyone have their own way to determine if the situation is right or wrong or in whose favour.

At least now I know police will only take record and he can't claim insurance. The only thing he can do is civil sue, which in all opinion, it is not worth the time and money.

• Praise 1

Chill chill.. i know everyone have their own way to determine if the situation is right or wrong or in whose favour.

At least now I know police will only take record and he can't claim insurance. The only thing he can do is civil sue, which in all opinion, it is not worth the time and money.

Someone with cash to burn won't even bother with your workshop /his workshop. Straight away claim insurance.

Someone with cash to burn don't even need to go file with idac personally. Agent will bring all the paper to sign at his office.

Someone with cash to burn won't be wasting time filing civil sue over few hundred or even few thousand dollars.

No worry..you already fulfill your part of the deal.

Driving a coe car. Repair at your workshop and claim the repair not up to his standard! Wanting to sue you! LOL.

Unless driving a coe Bentley!

Edited by Kopites

Someone with cash to burn won't even bother with your workshop /his workshop. Straight away claim insurance.

Someone with cash to burn don't even need to go file with idac personally. Agent will bring all the paper to sign at his office.

Someone with cash to burn won't be wasting time filing civil sue over few hundred or even few thousand dollars.

No worry..you already fulfill your part of the deal.

Driving a coe car. Repair at your workshop and claim the repair not up to his standard! Wanting to sue you! LOL.

Unless driving a coe Bentley! ð

Lol.. if driving Bentley, confirm ask him claim insurance

Hello all, the other party filed a civil suit and I was served a writ of summons. He is claiming me $1.7k+ for the repairs and surveyor report and also costs to file the case. Any advice what I should do? Thanks

When the other party collected his car and drove off from your workshop, did he sign anything to say repairs are done satisfactorily? Sorry, if reply given in earlier posts. I will catch up with reading later.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Hello all, the other party filed a civil suit and I was served a writ of summons. He is claiming me $1.7k+ for the repairs and surveyor report and also costs to file the case. Any advice what I should do? Thanks

U will need to get a lawyer. Since he's willing to spend money on a civil suit over $1.7k u will need all documents to prove what repairs were done and best if got initial photos of accident damages. Surveyor report on what was damaged and repaired.

Your lawyer will then counter-sue. If there are hard evidences that the so-called not satisfactory repairs are not a result from your accident but prior one as claimed by the workshop, there is no reasonable grounds for you to make good for such.

Anyways he may be on this forum so best u seek a lawyer's reply and update us, if u desire. Cos a writ of summons is out, the legal process is on. Pls do due diligence so case can be settled. My hope is both parties, thru their lawyers will sit down and reach an agreement. I dun understand why waste good money after bad per se. Win or lose, still must pay lawyer's fees.

That's my personal tots. Hope you will have an amicable agreement and resolution.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Twincharged

U will need to get a lawyer. Since he's willing to spend money on a civil suit over $1.7k u will need all documents to prove what repairs were done and best if got initial photos of accident damages. Surveyor report on what was damaged and repaired.

Your lawyer will then counter-sue. If there are hard evidences that the so-called not satisfactory repairs are not a result from your accident but prior one as claimed by the workshop, there is no reasonable grounds for you to make good for such.

Anyways he may be on this forum so best u seek a lawyer's reply and update us, if u desire. Cos a writ of summons is out, the legal process is on. Pls do due diligence so case can be settled. My hope is both parties, thru their lawyers will sit down and reach an agreement. I dun understand why waste good money after bad per se. Win or lose, still must pay lawyer's fees.

That's my personal tots. Hope you will have an amicable agreement and resolution.

Safe ride

Cheers

Don't understand some people mindset.. Why make life so difficult for ownself and the other party? Like that happy meh? Sometimes it's not about the cost, it's about the time waste, the energy need to put in go to through all these.

I myself if can, will want to avoid it as much as possible.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Don't understand some people mindset.. Why make life so difficult for ownself and the other party? Like that happy meh? Sometimes it's not about the cost, it's about the time waste, the energy need to put in go to through all these.

I myself if can, will want to avoid it as much as possible.

From the perspective of the other party, it could be totally different.

Imagine you kanna bang by some fellow and was kind enough to offer private settlement. Fellow insisted on his own workshop which you agreed to. His workshop did a shoddy job and insisted that's the best they will do . You complain to the other party and they claim you are out to cheat them because yours is a COE car so should just suck thumb with some defects.

How? Claim the bugger gao gao la.

Twincharged

Imagine you kanna bang by some fellow and was kind enough to offer private settlement. Fellow insisted on his own workshop which you agreed to. His workshop did a shoddy job and insisted that's the best they will do . You complain to the other party and they claim you are out to cheat them because yours is a COE car so should just suck thumb with some defects.

Ya lor. Different people have different perspective. Lucky I am not like this.. As I cannot imagine myself to go all these trouble to make myself more miserable.. That's me lor..

(edited)

WOS is not a criminal proceeding against you. Is merely a civil legal proceedinget initiated against you. Not to over worry.

You have two options.

If you don't want to dispute the claim, you can contact him (the other party) or his lawyer to negotiate a lower settlement which not very likely. Should be around 1.7k as stated in the WOS.

If you are disputing the claim, you must file your Memorandum of Appearance (MOA) within 8 days from the date that you received the Writ. Or preferably get your own legal assistance.

Base on the facts you have shared.. a coe altis with claim amount only 1.7k. No black and white that repair must be to his satisfactory. You are not in any way affiliated with the WS. I will go ahead with the memorandom of Appearance.

From the 1.7k all inclusive one can guess how "expensive" to issue WOS. Hahaha any uncle/aunty can issue WOS.

Hard to justify shoddy job. Very subjective IMO unless there is black and white stating repairs must be original parts and show room condition. Another angle if I am driving a coe vios but I want it to be like new from showroom! Reasonable? Edited by Kopites

WOS is not a criminal proceeding against you. Is merely a civil legal proceedinget initiated against you. Not to over worry.

You have two options.

If you don't want to dispute the claim, you can contact him (the other party) or his lawyer to negotiate a lower settlement which not very likely. Should be around 1.7k as stated in the WOS.

If you are disputing the claim, you must file your Memorandum of Appearance (MOA) within 8 days from the date that you received the Writ. Or preferably get your own legal assistance.

Base on the facts you have shared.. a coe altis with claim amount only 1.7k. No black and white that repair must be to his satisfactory. You are not in any way affiliated with the WS. I will go ahead with the memorandom of Appearance.

From the 1.7k all inclusive one can guess how "expensive" to issue WOS. Hahaha any uncle/aunty can issue WOS.

Hard to justify shoddy job. Very subjective IMO unless there is black and white stating repairs must be original parts and show room condition. Another angle if I am driving a coe vios but I want it to be like new from showroom! Reasonable?

@Kopites like what you said earlier, its the time wasting and have to go through all the hassle, really don't have the time for this.

So meaning for option 1, i will need to contact him directly to settle the claim?

For option 2, if I file for MOA and during the pre trial he is still not satisfied and insists, meaning have to go on trial right?

I simply dont understand how bad can the accident be when there is nothing wrong with my car. No repairs needed and I am driving a japanese car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1