Do you trust the police?

Kusje

Once an IO came knocking on my door and requested for CCTV footage.

I asked why? 'cos the police CCTV already been put up in our block . . . then after he hesitated to reply me I said

"Oh, your CCTV is dummy one like mine is it?" :grin:

Hahahha .... he must be sweating
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Hahahha .... he must be sweating ð¤£

Those actual cctv not cheap lel ... i enquired b4 . Its like 1k to 1.5k

You like the Nordic ðð

@Mustank also. He likes Norway very much. And Vid also.

:D

• Praise 1

I made police reports b4 and wanted to install ccvt. But the officer told me even install ccvt also no use bec they also cant catch the thief...

Hahha ... i was like ... then what let the thief continue to steal ?

wait till you say something bad about LHL and his merry men in whites, the police will be all action.

Outdated u..

No need say... just show article of someone saying can sue liao.. much more efficient now.

My two cents.

Why they insist on a report is because they want things to be official. There is an official report. They can't take action based on gossip or hearsay (with video probably different) unless covered by the law - robbery in progress.

Little India riots actually the head was there. Yes. The weakness starts from the top.

For assault cases probably because once they charge the person, they cannot just drop the charges because it was assault misunderstanding - too many of such cases?

I do agree things can be improved also. There are bad apples everywhere. I am not sure about overworked but when I keep having people clogging up ane because they want MC, I wonder what their life is like in the police force so I usually give some benefit of the doubt.

My two cents.

Why they insist on a report is because they want things to be official. There is an official report. They can't take action based on gossip or hearsay (with video probably different) unless covered by the law - robbery in progress.

Little India riots actually the head was there. Yes. The weakness starts from the top.

For assault cases probably because once they charge the person, they cannot just drop the charges because it was assault misunderstanding - too many of such cases?

I do agree things can be improved also. There are bad apples everywhere. I am not sure about overworked but when I keep having people clogging up ane because they want MC, I wonder what their life is like in the police force so I usually give some benefit of the doubt.

Current buggers merely like to cover their arses than being proactive to situations. Most of the good ones left after being jaded with the current system and how things are ran. 

Little India is a clear example how ball less the force has deteriorated to in handling a situation with overly emphasis of caution by the ground commander. 

Licensing is no better with their mess almost 3 years back apart from imposing more fees to licensees and overly restrictive conditions.

Simply put, they do not know what they should or could do. Overall, if pigs can fly, the police can trust.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Current buggers merely like to cover their arses than being proactive to situations. Most of the good ones left after being jaded with the current system and how things are ran.

Little India is a clear example how ball less the force has deteriorated to in handling a situation with overly emphasis of caution by the ground commander.

Licensing is no better with their mess almost 3 years back apart from imposing more fees to licensees and overly restrictive conditions.

Simply put, they do not know what they should or could do. Overall, if pigs can fly, the police can trust.

Therein lies the problem. The source of your grouses seem to be from the top but the target of your grouses are the line staff.

Ever considered the reason why many service staff and line staff are jaded or as they say the good staff have left is because of members of public like those found on social media such as.....?

Not saying the top is blameless or there are no rotten apples. But just something to think about as opposed to blanket statements like "pigs can fly, police car trust."

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

The take away for me in this case is a constant reminder that

1. we are responsible for ourselves

2. even if there is someone helping you, ultimately the responsiblity and consequences falls on you alone

3. nothing is perfect or fail safe, so be paranoid especially if it is important to you

its not so much of whether we trust the police or not as it can be said that can the police trust you also

my guess is this is just the tip of the iceberg

Questions:

1. why when the law claims everyone is equal infront of the law, but the rich who can afford the best lawyers get the better of the law

2. we have hardly any independent agencies to overseas many of our civil agencies, so ownself check ownself occurs which can be open to abuse

3. eg if we read the state media, it seems to imply that WP MP town council had committed some breach of trust otherwise why keep banging them and recently civil suit. The funny thing is if it is true, why not simply make a police report, if there is any wrong doing just charge them and bring them to court. So it is very confusing and not consistent how issues are deal with in this country.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9