My 200km/h Crap Toyota Vios Sharing to Bros

KelvinAng_164458

Wow !! You really done it huh ?? My 2.5L car also I’m scared , max out at 175/180 on NSHW briefly

Nowadays the lower half of NSHW (Johor to KL) is very congested. You wont be able to hit 200km/h.

E8 is a better place. Can hit 200km/h and drive for quite a distance. Just careful of the invisible depression over flyovers.

Here is my FR on E8 : https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2711162-long-way-around-malaysia-road-trip/?p=6484345

Edited by Adrianli
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Wow !! You really done it huh ?? My 2.5L car also I’m scared , max out at 175/180 on NSHW briefly

When I was younger, I the max speed I drove is 190km/h with lancer, but that is only for a few minutes. The feeling of driving lancer at that speed is quite scary.. Car very floating and anytime can lose control on straight road. When over the bridge (those concrete expension gap), the whole car almost like flying. That is the one and only experience I had. During my younger day, I will drive around 150 to 160km/h in lancer, occasionally 170 to 180. Drove pass big lorries, bus, truck can feel the whole car swinging away from them, I need to hold steering wheel tight.

Now ask me to drive that speed again.. I will say no.. As I grown older, my balls become smaller.

180 to 200 not much diff

#justsaying :D

There is a big difference between 180 and 200.

Like for my previous lancer, if drive 180 vs 190.. The difference is quite drastic. At 180, although the car is floating, the car still can be quite controllable. However at 190, can feel the car will lose control anytime..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

its the light feeling of the steering thats the scary part, slight tilt a few degrees and the car sways 

I think in the high performance cars with rigid bodies and anti roll mechanisms/ strut bars and what have you makes a lot of difference as they are performance cars and made accordingly not the regular B&B car or family saloons for that fact 

When I was younger, I the max speed I drove is 190km/h with lancer, but that is only for a few minutes. The feeling of driving lancer at that speed is quite scary.. Car very floating and anytime can lose control on straight road. When over the bridge (those concrete expension gap), the whole car almost like flying. That is the one and only experience I had. During my younger day, I will drive around 150 to 160km/h in lancer, occasionally 170 to 180. Drove pass big lorries, bus, truck can feel the whole car swinging away from them, I need to hold steering wheel tight.

Now ask me to drive that speed again.. I will say no.. As I grown older, my balls become smaller......... lighter lah  [laugh] 

Like for my previous lancer, if drive 180 vs 190.. The difference is quite drastic. At 180, although the car is floating, the car still can be quite controllable. However at 190, can feel the car will lose control anytime..

I think she didnt tell you I was driving behind her ... thats why she drove at 200 ......  <_<

[bigcry]

• Praise 1

I think she didnt tell you I was driving behind her ... thats why she drove at 200 ...... <_<

[bigcry]

And you saw @radx in your rear view mirror right ?? ...... it all sums up
  • Praise 2

Now ask me to drive that speed again.. I will say no.. As I grown older, my balls become smaller.

Number wise not much diff but from 180-200kmh in real life is a big difference. I managed to hit 220 on empty straight road once. But if theres traffic or cars on left i prefer to go 160

its the light feeling of the steering thats the scary part, slight tilt a few degrees and the car sways

I think in the high performance cars with rigid bodies and anti roll mechanisms/ strut bars and what have you makes a lot of difference as they are performance cars and made accordingly not the regular B&B car or family saloons for that fact

Yah some people even take out phone take pic with one hand on steering, one small stone will flip the car hundred times
  • Praise 1

still can tahan a few mins very big balls liao, :XD:

still can tahan a few mins very big balls liao, :XD:

Ya.. I think most people are like that, when young aderline rush, when get old will be more kia si.

Its not easy for a vios to go at 200 ... the car float

If u drink redbull and produced wings ... maybe can fly too

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 3

Aiyo, the car is so loud but the tacho and speedo needles climb so slowly.

It's like moaning damn loudly but couldn't shoot far.

Felt so sorry for the dick.

Actually it looks like nobody racing with him. They were just driving fast to their destination but this chap thinks they are racing  against him. Can see he didn't even hit 150 and at that speed which Honda is racing with him [confused] Can see he is trying very hard.

• Praise 3

The Vios's advertised top speed is only 170 km/ h.

The so-called maximum speed is tied to the engine's output as well as several other factors of chassis design. Beyond a certain speed, the engine's output can only equal the air-resistance acting against the vehicle (the faster the vehicle the greater this effect) as well as other mechanical frictional losses. At this juncture, acceleration = 0 as the net force acting on the car is 0.

That's the theoretical maximum speed of the car.

That's also the reason why "supercars" all seem to look a certain shape. Because that is the shape designed to have minimal aerodynamic drag (reduces air resistance) and yet counter the lifting effect so that there's still useful traction at high speeds.

The last time a Vios had head-on encounter with a E-class at unknown speed already the car flip and driver earn one-way-ticket to Heaven. Don't want to think about what would happen if the Vios travelling at 200 km/h hits something...

Edited by DK3410
  • Praise 1

Interesting thread... [laugh]  i think the vios can hit 200kph but acceleration will be very slow and it will need quite a stretch of road to reach that speed. However if the car is drafting another faster vehicle infront, it will be able to reach much more quickly. Drafting at high speed (above 160) makes a great difference. Proper aerokit makes a big difference in stability at high speed too.

Speed feels very different in a city driving car (vios, jazz etc) versus highway cruiser (Accord/BMW etc). 

• Praise 1

Interesting thread... [laugh] i think the vios can hit 200kph but acceleration will be very slow and it will need quite a stretch of road to reach that speed. However if the car is drafting another faster vehicle infront, it will be able to reach much more quickly. Drafting at high speed (above 160) makes a great difference. Proper aerokit makes a big difference in stability at high speed too.

Speed feels very different in a city driving car (vios, jazz etc) versus highway cruiser (Accord/BMW etc).

Do a search especially those Thai where they nod up turn the vios into a race track car.

Do a search especially those Thai where they nod up turn the vios into a race track car.

Ordinary cars and those heavily mod cars in Thailand are very different. in thailand not only they mod the body, they even swap out the entire engine to a much powerful one and replace the gear box to match the power. I dont know about Structural rigidity though.

Many years ago my friend replaced his 2.0L accord with a 2.5L engine with matching gear too though he didnt mod the body. Apparently they could do it quite cheap there.

↡ Advertisement