• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
151 replies to this topic | 584 praises

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

YellowFlash
  • Premium member
    YellowFlash
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Interesting thread... [laugh]  i think the vios can hit 200kph but acceleration will be very slow and it will need quite a stretch of road to reach that speed. However if the car is drafting another faster vehicle infront, it will be able to reach much more quickly. Drafting at high speed (above 160) makes a great difference. Proper aerokit makes a big difference in stability at high speed too.

Speed feels very different in a city driving car (vios, jazz etc) versus highway cruiser (Accord/BMW etc). 

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:31 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

lets close this thread and start a 250kmh Vezel thread for 2019.  Huat ah.

Turboguy, Yewheng and 1 Anonymous member praised this
===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Safe partying for the new year ! If no drive, must drink. [laugh]

Posted 02 March 2019 - 04:26 AM

motoent
  • motoent
    Banned

I believe the Vios can do 200 km/h, but probably not in under one minute:

250 km/h I cannot offer, but I have photo-proof of over 240 km/h (152.3 mph x 1.6).

13620991_10105737321947646_371659314739243092_n.jpg

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:23 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Interesting thread... [laugh] i think the vios can hit 200kph but acceleration will be very slow and it will need quite a stretch of road to reach that speed. However if the car is drafting another faster vehicle infront, it will be able to reach much more quickly. Drafting at high speed (above 160) makes a great difference. Proper aerokit makes a big difference in stability at high speed too.

Speed feels very different in a city driving car (vios, jazz etc) versus highway cruiser (Accord/BMW etc).

Do a search especially those Thai where they nod up turn the vios into a race track car.

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:21 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Do a search especially those Thai where they nod up turn the vios into a race track car.

Ordinary cars and those heavily mod cars in Thailand are very different. in thailand not only they mod the body, they even swap out the entire engine to a much powerful one and replace the gear box to match the power. I dont know about Structural rigidity though.
Many years ago my friend replaced his 2.0L accord with a 2.5L engine with matching gear too though he didnt mod the body. Apparently they could do it quite cheap there.

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:19 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ordinary cars and those heavily mod cars in Thailand are very different. in thailand not only they mod the body, they even swap out the entire engine to a much powerful one and replace the gear box to match the power. I dont know about Structural rigidity though.
Many years ago my friend replaced his 2.0L accord with a 2.5L engine with matching gear too though he didnt mod the body. Apparently they could do it quite cheap there.

Not engine capacity but more HP. Throwing in turbo, exhaust, suspension etc. Due to it light weight of 900kg.

Edited by Kopites, 02 March 2019 - 09:20 AM.

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:30 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You also keep left when u see skoda sedan coming from behind [:p]

U drive the Audi A8 right?

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:19 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

U drive the Audi A8 right?

Used to like 7 yrs ago

Now cannot afford so buy skoda [bigcry]
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:27 AM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Anyone give a thought about the stopping distance? 😅

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:53 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Used to like 7 yrs ago

Now cannot afford so buy skoda [bigcry]

Frankly A8 although rivals with other German marques, I feel it's a stand alone figure that stood out from the rest. It's unique.

Maintenance cost is my biggest worry though as we know VAG parts are not cheap.
Thaiyotakamli praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 02 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyone give a thought about the stopping distance? ð

Can be very very good. Better than a hypercar. Toyota Vios has been known to come to a dead stop from over 100km/h in less than 5 metres.

Of course, it depends on how strong the tree is also. [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4, 02 March 2019 - 06:07 PM.

Voodooman praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, car review, malaysia and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users