Budget 2019!

RadX

haha ... sounds like 1 person work can support 5 people in the family ... including a maid? ... mai siao siao leh

5?

Don't forget 4 Papa mama +maid on both sides. That's 11 already. And who knows how many small 3 or 2nd/3rd/4th families he has out there.

Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

haha ... sounds like 1 person work can support 5 people in the family ... including a maid? ... mai siao siao leh

why cannot leh?

peasant storeman stay hdb, take public transport to work, children no tuition, no maid

peasant lifestyle

Petrol and diesel duty increase, ARF increase, implement digital service gst, increase u save and gst rebates, one off bicentennial ang bao.

[laugh]

More "forceful policy measures" are expected to tackle the rising vulnerability of professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs) in the upcoming Singapore Budget 2019, according to a report by DBS.

This comes as PMETs have become an "exceptionally vulnerable" segment of the labour force amid slowing growth momentum, said DBS senior economist Irvin Seah.

For the past nine years, the percentage share of PMETs among all retrenched workers has been rising, with the share of PMETs among retrenched workers now surpassing that for lower-skilled workers.

I wonder how do you increase the trend of hiring Singaporean workers?

How to increase the trend of hiring Singaporean workers when the headcount in the govt sector, stat board also shrinking? 

Nowadays, most gov agency, ministry, stat board also employ contract staff. 

post-5639-0-82204000-1548732207_thumb.jpg

post-5639-0-53417900-1548732214_thumb.jpg

I think they will refer them to SkillsFuture lo. Learn something else and change career path.

http://www.ssg.gov.sg/skillsfuture.html

But how many are bold enough to take that first step? For sure ppl will have doubts and ask "what if". What if I dont succeed and end up the same again? Take up another skill...again? The thought itself can be quite daunting.

But sit there do nothing the govt also cannot help you. It's a tough choice to make.

Sifu, what is your guess?

wah i peasant storeman... only waiting for ah gong to give out goodies

so that i can vote for more good years

I think they will refer them to SkillsFuture lo. Learn something else and change career path.

http://www.ssg.gov.sg/skillsfuture.html

But how many are bold enough to take that first step? For sure ppl will have doubts and ask "what if". What if I dont succeed and end up the same again? Take up another skill...again? The thought itself can be quite daunting.

But sit there do nothing the govt also cannot help you. It's a tough choice to make.

When SkillsFuture launched, the impression was the credits will be topped-up early?

Now like don't have leh.

More "forceful policy measures" are expected to tackle the rising vulnerability of professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs) in the upcoming Singapore Budget 2019, according to a report by DBS.

This comes as PMETs have become an "exceptionally vulnerable" segment of the labour force amid slowing growth momentum, said DBS senior economist Irvin Seah.

For the past nine years, the percentage share of PMETs among all retrenched workers has been rising, with the share of PMETs among retrenched workers now surpassing that for lower-skilled workers.

I wonder how do you increase the trend of hiring Singaporean workers?

Merged here

Next time search hor...