Accident with Causeway Link bus

everbb910

msia side, msia rule

spore side, spore rule

the bridge is 1/2 1/2 ma

The bridge between the 2 customs checkpoint is under sg or my? Got accident follow which country's rules?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

msia side, msia rule

spore side, spore rule

the bridge is 1/2 1/2 ma

Then TS should be following Malaysia rules.. no need report insurance..

No need to report lah.

If bus driver claim against you and you never report the bus driver can only sick thumb.

I learn from MCF one.

Also if bus driver claim against you just say you were drunk. Your insurance won't pay out and you keep your NCB.

:D

Repair outside $850 vs $800 excess ...... If TS not going back to AD for repair, don’t report to insurer. Don’t think MY insurer will claim across border especially for small amount ...... troublesome paperwork and not cost effective. Moreover, TS insurer will not admit claim if no report. Don’t report!!
  • Praise 2

Repair outside $850 vs $800 excess ...... If TS not going back to AD for repair, don’t report to insurer. Don’t think MY insurer will claim across border especially for small amount ...... troublesome paperwork and not cost effective. Moreover, TS insurer will not admit claim if no report. Don’t report!!

I'm with you on this one.

Singaporeans have been conditioned to 'just follow law' by none other than PAP. In the end, always at the losing end. 

Report to insurer mean they have a record and it will affect next year renewal, even if the other party never claim in the end. 

Just repair outside and move on. 

So many cases of if one don't report to insurer, the other party want to claim also LPPL.

But anyway, TS have already reported to his insurer so...........  :wacko:

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

How do you know it is small amount?

Later bus driver and 5 passengers report sick how?

Let them sue in MY .......... civil suit if they think worthwhile and got case.
  • Praise 1

Orange Team DO NOT help you to report accident lor

It offered :

a) FREE Guidelines on how to deal with aftermath.  Step 1 2 3 thingy lor

b) FREE towing service to your choice workshop - If you can afford the right plan.

c) FREE Taxi card to travel on a comfort taxi to anywhere in Mainland Singapore.  If you live in Palau Ubi then then sorry lor.

d) FREE advice on claim (if you ask)

Anyway, report IDAC do not affect my premium lor.  My company also give time off to report IDAC, go home to rest CANNOT, report IDAC can lor. Crazy company.

From the mother of all general insurance :

https://gia.org.sg/frequently-asked-questions/3-what-information-will-i-be-required-to-provide-to-my-insurer.html

https://gia.org.sg/motor-insurance/23-faq-on-motor-insurance-issues/350-non-reporting-of-accidents.html

https://gia.org.sg/motor-insurance/22-premium-renewal-of-policy/349dos-and-don-ts-following-an-accident-dos-and-don-ts-following-an-accident.html

https://gia.org.sg/motor-insurance/22-premium-renewal-of-policy/348motor-claims-framework-motor-claims-framework.html

From the godson of many insurers :

http://www.idac.com.sg/idac/what-does-idac-stands-for#more-269

Income probably will ask you to go IDAC to report ba ...... I on FWD, so probably need to report back to FWD will do. $560 for my "New" MPV .......

Anyway, IDAC or not, best is to inform your insurer to prevent disappointed outcome.  So say PS then U turn and bite you, you end up here at MCF CFCM lor....

IDAC is past tense.

Even NTUC Income has an orange team which will be on sight when accident happens.

This orange team assists in accident reporting.

There is a small problem lor.

My car and a MAL car touch side mirror lor.  MAL car owner step out of car say want to claim me wor.  I say I have no money wor and after a few round, the other party drive off lor.

I report to Income, Income said MUST go IDAC and a JB Police report.  I said no damage lor.  She said MUST.

I said you SIAO lor, I in SG to GO BACK to JB ??

After a few round, she said report SG police.  I also said siao ah ??

Anyway, I go to SG police station and the police said I siao ah ?  I said insurance said so, he said go tell insurer, they siao one.

a) No injury, so no need police report

b) JB is outside their jurisdiction of the Republic of Singapore and its 52 Islands and all seaward port extension lor.

Anyway, he said will anyhow file a report, so that I can anyhow report to insurance.

And I get to live happily ever after.

THE END.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

The bridge between the 2 customs checkpoint is under sg or my? Got accident follow which country's rules?

For woodlands causeway , its approximately 50/50 . There is a small 'guard house' at the border of sgp / msia side .

For 2nd link , msia side is much longer. To know you are on which side , look at the road signs or speed limit signs . 90km/j means you are on msia side , 90 km/h means you are in sgp side.

• Praise 2

No need to report lah.

If bus driver claim against you and you never report the bus driver can only sick thumb.

I learn from MCF one.

Also if bus driver claim against you just say you were drunk. Your insurance won't pay out and you keep your NCB.

:D

The latest tactic! I am stupid. Years of surfing MCF still have not master put "theory into practical".
  • Praise 1

There is a small problem lor.

My car and a MAL car touch side mirror lor. MAL car owner step out of car say want to claim me wor. I say I have no money wor and after a few round, the other party drive off lor.

I report to Income, Income said MUST go IDAC and a JB Police report. I said no damage lor. She said MUST.

I said you SIAO lor, I in SG to GO BACK to JB ??

After a few round, she said report SG police. I also said siao ah ??

Anyway, I go to SG police station and the police said I siao ah ? I said insurance said so, he said go tell insurer, they siao one.

a) No injury, so no need police report

b) JB is outside their jurisdiction of the Republic of Singapore and its 52 Islands and all seaward port extension lor.

Anyway, he said will anyhow file a report, so that I can anyhow report to insurance.

And I get to live happily ever after.

THE END.

Next time don't bother going down to police station to make a report. Waste of time. Fellow will take 1 hr to take down your statement.

Just go online spend 5 mins writing your bull crap then submit and print out for insurer.

Next time don't bother going down to police station to make a report. Waste of time. Fellow will take 1 hr to take down your statement.

Just go online spend 5 mins writing your bull crap then submit and print out for insurer.

Only of the police post mend by a female officer.

IDAC is a good idea but to work ALL insurance companies need to be in it i feel.

Prior to IDAC, there was a knock for knock agreement between insurers.

Orange Team DO NOT help you to report accident lor

It offered :

a) FREE Guidelines on how to deal with aftermath.  Step 1 2 3 thingy lor

b) FREE towing service to your choice workshop - If you can afford the right plan.

c) FREE Taxi card to travel on a comfort taxi to anywhere in Mainland Singapore.  If you live in Palau Ubi then then sorry lor.

d) FREE advice on claim (if you ask)

Anyway, report IDAC do not affect my premium lor.  My company also give time off to report IDAC, go home to rest CANNOT, report IDAC can lor. Crazy company.

From the mother of all general insurance :

https://gia.org.sg/frequently-asked-questions/3-what-information-will-i-be-required-to-provide-to-my-insurer.html

https://gia.org.sg/motor-insurance/23-faq-on-motor-insurance-issues/350-non-reporting-of-accidents.html

https://gia.org.sg/motor-insurance/22-premium-renewal-of-policy/349dos-and-don-ts-following-an-accident-dos-and-don-ts-following-an-accident.html

https://gia.org.sg/motor-insurance/22-premium-renewal-of-policy/348motor-claims-framework-motor-claims-framework.html

From the godson of many insurers :

http://www.idac.com.sg/idac/what-does-idac-stands-for#more-269

Income probably will ask you to go IDAC to report ba ...... I on FWD, so probably need to report back to FWD will do. $560 for my "New" MPV .......

Anyway, IDAC or not, best is to inform your insurer to prevent disappointed outcome.  So say PS then U turn and bite you, you end up here at MCF CFCM lor....

From your IDAC link

Today 9 insurance companies remains as members of this IDAC network. The 9 insurance companies policy holders still enjoys the benefits of having IDAC centres as one of their options in the event of a need to file an accident report. Currently there are 7 IDAC centres spread around Singapore where motorists from the participating insurance companies get other accident related advises and guidance for accident claims.

Sigh, still have to report insurance one what.  

Anyway,  it is up to individual to report or not report lor.

I will definitely report one, for all incident and accident lor.

The latest tactic! I am stupid. Years of surfing MCF still have not master put "theory into practical".

Yalor, only that 1 time lor.  Anyway, company give me time off to report IDAC and Police. Best is can go drink coffee at kopi shop.

Income still inside one lor.  Up to you to decide lor, as long as insurer OK with whatever reported form lor. Anyway, I Income all the way until this year switch to FWD.  560 vs 800, no horse run lor.

For your good lor.

Prior to IDAC, there was a knock for knock agreement between insurers.

From your IDAC link

For woodlands causeway , its approximately 50/50 . There is a small 'guard house' at the border of sgp / msia side .

For 2nd link , msia side is much longer. To know you are on which side , look at the road signs or speed limit signs . 90km/j means you are on msia side , 90 km/h means you are in sgp side.

not 110 meh? hehe Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement