• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic | 50 praises

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:07 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I changed the tire PSI To 220. Feels the same. My last pump was 98 at Caltex. Spark Plugs changed during last servicing.
Whne my current speed is 40km/h I hit the accelerator.. The car jerks and hesitates for about 1 second before RPM shoot ups to 2.5-3k and engine roars.

I Checked with my Mechanic. Battery problem won't affect acceleration. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my car 02 sensor though.. Can't Think if anything else or its a common altis problem

Probably got the wrong car.. Not to your expectations.. You can get those aftermarket piggy-back throttle controller and your acceleration should improve.
lausai88, Carbon82 and Freeder praised this

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:26 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Maybe send your Car to Harnip Auto,he can help you better,by the way,Toyota Cars,cannot just fully step on the Throttle....you should drive gently..

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

MCFmrhonda
  • Premium member
    MCFmrhonda
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Doesn't sound like rim size problem.

Better to get 2nd opinion from elsewhere.

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:14 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

It hesitated and did not accelerate for another 1 or 2 secs even when i pressed more on the accelerator pedal

I think my question here is whether is it possible that the change from Performance Tires to Touring Tires (Yokohama AE50) can cause these kind of acceleration issues? Or should I be looking at rim size (I do believe it is possible as stock is 15, compared to current one which is 17). 

You got the car brand new and change the rim from 15 to 17?

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

ismailmiller
  • ismailmiller
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The previous owner changed to 17 Inch Rim. I send to Hanip before. He changed the fuel filter and it helped abit before the problem came. Seems like after consecutively filling 98 petrol.. The car acceleration is smoother. I suspect my fuel pump tot issue maybe becos I leave my petrol to low level quite frequently.

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:17 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I changed the tire PSI To 220. Feels the same. My last pump was 98 at Caltex. Spark Plugs changed during last servicing.
Whne my current speed is 40km/h I hit the accelerator.. The car jerks and hesitates for about 1 second before RPM shoot ups to 2.5-3k and engine roars.

I Checked with my Mechanic. Battery problem won't affect acceleration. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my car 02 sensor though.. Can't Think if anything else or its a common altis problem

Just to clarify,  yours is AT and not CVT?

When I was using AT,   overfilling of ATF will cause sluggish performance. 

If AT,  if there hesitation, likely it could be transmission problem.

AFAIK.

The common understanding is that the battery is used to start the car.

After starting the car,  the alternator will charge the battery.  

The current will be reduced as the battery get sufficiently full. 

If the battery is weak,  it will ne continuously charged by the alternator using higher current.  

So far, I have been getting better response from the accelerator everytime I change out a weak battery.

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:49 AM

ismailmiller
  • ismailmiller
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Just to clarify, yours is AT and not CVT?
When I was using AT, overfilling of ATF will cause sluggish performance.
If AT, if there hesitation, likely it could be transmission problem.

AFAIK.
The common understanding is that the battery is used to start the car.
After starting the car, the alternator will charge the battery.
The current will be reduced as the battery get sufficiently full.
If the battery is weak, it will ne continuously charged by the alternator using higher current.
So far, I have been getting better response from the accelerator everytime I change out a weak battery.

Corolla made back in 2008 are 4 Speed Transmission. My Amaron battery will be 1 year 6 months this coming Feb. My colleague said my car probably has gearbox issue as when going downhill.. My RPM will shoot up if I press my brakes slightly hard. I will probably change another new battery during my next servicing

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Corolla made back in 2008 are 4 Speed Transmission. My Amaron battery will be 1 year 6 months this coming Feb. My colleague said my car probably has gearbox issue as when going downhill.. My RPM will shoot up if I press my brakes slightly hard. I will probably change another new battery during my next servicing

Check the ATF and ensure not overfilled.

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The problem with TS is that he did not even describe the problem clearly , end up making others to guess his problems and suggest solutions that will lead to nowhere, and he continues to suspect rim and tyre size.
Ash2017 praised this

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:02 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The problem with TS is that he did not even describe the problem clearly , end up making others to guess his problems and suggest solutions that will lead to nowhere, and he continues to suspect rim and tyre size.

Exactly,even from 14" to !7" won't affect Performance so badly,unless he fitted FlintStone Stone Wheels. [:p]  [:p]

Ct3833 praised this
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 31 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

Yamapi
  • Yamapi
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry, want to ask what is the pcd of 2016 Altis? Is it 5x100?

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

MSP Far East Pte Ltd

MSP Far East Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by kennywongzxc  |  Neutral Newbie

I always have my doubts on all the so called "Fantastic workshop "Reviews I seeā€¦it's too good to be true. But when my car starts to have cranking issues, oil leak and so forth, I thought I try out MSP with all it's " Too good to be true reviews".

The experience I get is to my surprise. Calvin & His team were in fact really friendly,. Honest

Thumb... » Read More

MSP Far East Pte Ltd

MSP Far East Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by JEFFRE  |  Neutral Newbie

Foreign cars can be a PAIN, I personally attest to this fact unless you find the right guys that really know what they are doing and can actually offer you an affordable price.

That said, i am very thankful to have found these guys at MSP. I personally double check out the parts and they are reasonably price. I basically interviewed several shops before I d... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Power Enhancement

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, corolla, altis, size and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users