Singapore helpful drivers

Philipkee

Thanks. I used to be a car mechanic before for a short period of time. So no worries on the jump start portion. 

Glad to know that.  I failed to mention the spark may cause the excess gas from the filling station to burn, even though you are confident with the connecting polarity. 

↡ Advertisement

its ok. please continue to help others when needed.

Many years ago there was once my car couldn't start due to battery flat. Someone in the carpark helped by using his jump start cable.

After that, I purchased jump start cable, portable tire pump, tire repair kit in my car boot

and managed to help at least 10 person jump start / tire pump their cars at carparks,

petrol station and other places.

I have exactly the same items as you have.
  • Praise 1

There was once many years back.. on a raining day a motorcycle somehow skidded beside me as traction was lost when he ride on the white line. It was near the Sengkang MRT/CompassPoint (now CompassOne)

I stopped my car by the side to assist him. We lift up his bike and there's no major injury. He is thankful for my help and rode off.

BUT guess wat! Those by the side of the road KEEP pointing at me implying i caused the accident!  :a-bang:

Same here.

Twice got flat tire, nobody helped and I ended up giving up and call AA.

In MY I dented my rims and has both tyres flat.

3 Malay abang walked over and they helped.

Initially I thought they were trying to rob me

• Praise 6

its ok. please continue to help others when needed. 

Many years ago there was once my car couldn't start due to battery flat. Someone in the carpark helped by using his jump start cable.

After that, I purchased jump start cable, portable tire pump, tire repair kit in my car boot

and managed to help at least 10 person jump start / tire pump their cars at carparks,

petrol station and other places. 

Reminded me there was once I helped a van to jump start, then after a couple of days later, it's my turn to have a flat battery... must be the van sucked too much juice from my car battery...lol  :TT_TT:

Also, stand by enough water for overheating problem or hand wash after wheel replacement 

Side note: Btw, the jump start cable better get the lower gauge type to avoid overheating and usually have better clamps too

(had a lousy pair long ago (foc from SE) and almost melt during one of the 'rescue mission' :slow: )

Edited by Gunzy
  • Praise 2

Sometimes being helpful make people think you are scheming something. Some are simply too paranoid here.

One time at National Skin Centre after parking my vehicle, I saw a small van with a flat tyre. So I walked up to him who was trying to change the tyre and ask if he needed help to repair the tyre as I have the tyre repair kit. He just waved me off.

He thought I will ask him for payment after I helped.

Dafug.....

Maybe he dun wanna trouble other ppl leh...so no hard feeling [:)]

at least for me i am like that, will try to do it myself else will call tow truck or 24hrs breakdown service

• Praise 1

Where have all the good samaritan gone to? There is no helpful drivers being highlighted here? Hope to see some good soul to be mentioned here and thereby encourage more similar good behavior.

When my car breakdown at side of road, nobuddy help... When gf car breakdown at side of road, within 20 min 3-4 cars stop to help.  Knn xenophobic

Better take good care of your gf hor! :D

Last time, I used to keep a container of water in the boot. Once at BKE, I saw a car at the road shoulder with the hoot up and fumes coming out from the engine compartment. I stopped and learnt that it was running out of water. So passed the container (5l) to him and moved off.

• Praise 1

Last time, I used to keep a container of water in the boot. Once at BKE, I saw a car at the road shoulder with the hoot up and fumes coming out from the engine compartment. I stopped and learnt that it was running out of water. So passed the container (5l) to him and moved off.

I think he need a fire extinguisher...haha.

Better take good care of your gf hor! :D

Yah man, especaly when her car begins to breakdown too frequently for unknown reasons. Edited by Ct3833

I purposely dig out this Philipkee's thread, there are a lot more posts in the reckless drivers thread than this one, we need to promote more good and helpful driving behavior. Where is everybody ?