• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic | 23 praises

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

Bonafidestack
  • Premium member
    Bonafidestack
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Are there any mods that you guys think or find that it is useless? Let's crowdsource the list of items to avoid! This thread is catered only for performance part or power gains. 

I found this quantum plasma magnet online that seems shady. The last time I came across quantum physics is from Ant-man from Marvel

https://innersoultec...vehiclemagnets/

giphy.gif

Tianmo and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:45 PM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The usual suspects for expensive useless products (no particular order):

- Surbo

- Cyclone

- V-Stab/Z-Stab Voltage-stablizers

- Fuel lines Magnetic energizers

- CAI aka cold air intakes

- nanoball

- fake branded brake covers

- some brands of fake racechips and ecochips, exposed online in youtube to be a simple circuit board for Christmas lights.

BanCoe and Bonafidestack praised this

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:55 PM

WangWang888
  • Premium member
    WangWang888
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Decals and stickers that say Dohc, turbo, etc... And those big big spoilers
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:18 AM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

aftermarket fog lights that, when switched on, give 5 more BHP.

Simulated Turbo swirling and Release Valve sound.

Straight thru pipes - charge pipes, X pipes, exos pipes.

All noisy exos mods that gives louder=faster feeling.

bluish headlights.

painting rims, red, green, yellow, pink, etc.

that's all for now.  See u in next episode.

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:22 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Big big spoilers make a difference on the track.

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:27 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Electrical mods usually are useless.

Grounding wires are redundant, unless you have a ground problem, in which case, your lighting and other devices may not work properly.

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:14 AM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

DOHC stickers are so 80s... Tell me which car now is not DOHC... Even the cherry QQ engine is DOHC...

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:16 AM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Grounding wires are redundant, unless you have a ground problem, in which case, your lighting and other devices may not work properly.

My personal experience with this 12 years back with my first car, Latio Sport, showed enough butt feel difference to make it a permanent fixture in the car. When going up Sheares Bridge from Suntec side the car will go up much more willingly compare to sluggish feel without. But that was my only encounter with this mod as subsequent cars are of bigger cc.

So I will not brush it as useless, but also will not tout it as useful on all cars. Depend on cars and fixtures lah.

Othello praised this

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:59 AM

Cheefarn
  • Premium member
    Cheefarn
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Putting TRD stickers on a Nissan Latio adds 10hp right?

And install lots of cheap looking LED lights and bars and see some of them dim or burnt out at night will add another 10 hp I guess

Big spoilers and bodykits will add 50 hp to the car

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:15 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

most popular 2 useless mod would be spoiler and exhaust i think,

very prominent but add nothing. 

in fact the exhaust cause some car to lose power....

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It is useful if car > than 10 yrs old

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:20 PM

Holdenutessv
  • Premium member
    Holdenutessv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

most popular 2 useless mod would be spoiler and exhaust i think,

very prominent but add nothing. 

in fact the exhaust cause some car to lose power....

Depends, spoiler if it's installed incorrectly/not doing high speed driving(frequent KL runs) is useless since it creates unnecessary drag.

As for exhausts, it's a trade off. Sacrificing low end for top end or just looks/noise. To many others it's useless, but if the owner likes it, by all means. At least it's better than that useless S*rb* junk that some install on their intake which they think would help with efficiency.

Edited by Holdenutessv, 09 January 2019 - 11:21 PM.

Error 404: Signature Not Found

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: modification, bogus, useless and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users