2020 2nd Generation Mercedes-Benz CLA (C118)

DACH

What to compare if all cars within the price range of premium brand is barebone.

Other than value of the badge, I don’t see the value of buying those model.

Is BMW 216GT barebones?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

U have conveniently prata the question from barebone to now saying it’s not a BMW.

Sad to say you seem like a badge whore to me

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1

If I m a badge whore

I would have bought 318.

To me all UKL chassis BMW is NOT BMW. It is a rebadged Mini.

It is sold to ppl who don’t understand the brand. That’s another form of badge whore.

A lot of ppl may not share my sentiment. That’s how I feel about BMW. Nothing less than IL6.

Chill people.

nvm la, one say barebone, one say not barebone

u like u buy, u dont like u dont buy.

no need to justify to other why u buy or not.

• Praise 2

If I m a badge whore

I would have bought 318.

To me all UKL chassis BMW is NOT BMW. It is a rebadged Mini.

It is sold to ppl who don’t understand the brand. That’s another form of badge whore.

A lot of ppl may not share my sentiment. That’s how I feel about BMW. Nothing less than IL6.

I really marvel at your post.

Original context was on why r buyers buying an entry level premium called a badge whore.

U have reverted originally that since it was barebone, how can u enjoy n when I pointed out an entry level model which is far from being barebone, u then say it is not a BMW. And now u try to justify what is a true BMW n on understanding the brand. Seems like u missing the point altogether n despite your denials, u r the real badge whore cos u have a notion on what a BMW shld be and anyone who buys outside this notion is undeserving.

• Praise 6

I really marvel at your post.

Original context was on why r buyers buying an entry level premium called a badge whore.

U have reverted originally that since it was barebone, how can u enjoy n when I pointed out an entry level model which is far from being barebone, u then say it is not a BMW. And now u try to justify what is a true BMW n on understanding the brand. Seems like u missing the point altogether n despite your denials, u r the real badge whore cos u have a notion on what a BMW shld be and anyone who buys outside this notion is undeserving.

I feel the same for all FWD Merc.

For Porky, only 718 and 911 is porky. The rest is not Porky.

I buy a car for how it drive. If that’s badge whore, ok lo.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Dislike 2

My wife drives a cla sb, is small & nibble with slightly bigger rear space & easier access to the boot..buy vegetable & ferry service sometime...My neighbor's wife drive a a3, both of them share similar job's scope...

I doubt they know anything about the car except fill-up petrol, start engine, drive, park, off-engine, lock & walk away.

Never heard they talk about how big cc, how many airbags, gears, can drive faster or not, is it on runflat…

Do I like these lovely ladies being called badge-whore - NO

Frankly, these cars meet the better safety aspect and not costing an arm/leg...

If budget not enough, drive a vios, jazz, note, saga also can...

No budget, take taxi/bus or walk lor…

Buy own thing with own money for own use no need approval from others de...

• Praise 5

I feel the same for all FWD Merc.

For Porky, only 718 and 911 is porky. The rest is not Porky.

I buy a car for how it drive. If thatâs badge whore, ok lo.

Sentence 2 and 3 are obviously contradictory to each other.

In short, what you think is not important [bounce1]

as Long as one feels good about their cars and or posts, can type anything they want lol.

In sg where a car cost some 120-150k, as Long there’s resale value, the badge is worth it. Else why ppl still buy an iPhone? Lol.

• Praise 2

as Long as one feels good about their cars and or posts, can type anything they want lol.

In sg where a car cost some 120-150k, as Long there’s resale value, the badge is worth it. Else why ppl still buy an iPhone? Lol.

Remembering families, schools, army, work, social cycles, there are peoples, when they speak, we listen in...

Of course there are also peoples, when they open the mouth, we look away if we can't walk out...

It is not what they said, it is how they say it...

Talking about iPhone, Merc carplay like IOS better.  My android has little to zero priority when ios is within range, happy-happy kick me out.

For those with small family, wanting a feel of a nimble & less thirsty conti-car, and if within your budget, current or new cla is a ok-choice.  Only thing is the spot-suspension setting is abit hard with the runflat.  For normal driving, the front wheel drive is practical enough and probably easier to maintain.  

Bottom line, car serve us for a while. Never try never know...

I don't agree buying entry level cars considered badge whores.

The entry level cars for Audi, Merc and BMW are all priced competitively. The differential for their price against the others are getting smaller.

The badge aside, the designs are nice (e.g. signal lights for Audi), the interior quality and materials used, the infotainment system (mmi, idrive) are all good and intuitive. Their engines nowadays are quite advanced, fuel efficient and turbocharged. The drive is more engaging.

Some have memberships as well. Buying an Audi gets you the AudiWorld membership. A lot of benefits, like cheap movie tickets, discounts etc.

Do people really buy the car for the badge? There are a lot of aspects. Unless you can compare apple to apple in terms of drive, specs, benefits etc. then the only difference is the badge only, then you can say badge whores. Generalizing all buyers is very insulting.

• Praise 5