2020 2nd Generation Mercedes-Benz CLA (C118)

DACH

Still crampy rear headroom based on its coupe type roofline.

Badge whore anot, we using our own $ to buy what we like.

Even basic conti still will beat basic Jap in terms of built, nvh, safety rating, handling. Socially or media will portray certain brand shouldn't head certain direction, but biz is about capturing customer base these days. So if I'm car maker n can produce quality cars n ppl buy, it's win win.

• Praise 4

Still crampy rear headroom based on its coupe type roofline.

Badge whore anot, we using our own $ to buy what we like.

Even basic conti still will beat basic Jap in terms of built, nvh, safety rating, handling. Socially or media will portray certain brand shouldn't head certain direction, but biz is about capturing customer base these days. So if I'm car maker n can produce quality cars n ppl buy, it's win win.

Good post, fully agreed!

We all have our opinions and rightfully so. If u feel it’s not worth to buy an entry level Conti, that’s perfectly fine as it’s your entitlement and inversely, if someone wants to buy an entry level one, that’s also perfectly fine.

But don’t go around having a “mightier than thou” attitude and having an opinion on how a premium brand shld be and shoving that opinion down others throats. Being humble is always a virtue which sad to say some forumers just can’t display.

• Praise 7

Good post, fully agreed!

We all have our opinions and rightfully so. If u feel it’s not worth to buy an entry level Conti, that’s perfectly fine as it’s your entitlement and inversely, if someone wants to buy an entry level one, that’s also perfectly fine.

But don’t go around having a “mightier than thou” attitude and having an opinion on how a premium brand shld be and shoving that opinion down others throats. Being humble is always a virtue which sad to say some forumers just can’t display.

haha see the number of c180 on the road, make full sense for merc to introduce a 1600cc c class

its a pretty car inside and outside, and i see many happy owners, despite some calling in B&B of merc

• Praise 2

haha see the number of c180 on the road, make full sense for merc to introduce a 1600cc c class

its a pretty car inside and outside, and i see many happy owners, despite some calling in B&B of merc

C class merc is always quite popular for the past decade, esp when the design of the C class gets nicer now, more people are buying.

C class merc is always quite popular for the past decade, esp when the design of the C class gets nicer now, more people are buying.

ya i remember reading another thread, some one calling c180 barebones and bread and butter car....cant believe it

ya i remember reading another thread, some one calling c180 barebones and bread and butter car....cant believe it

Maybe last time C180 consider barebones? But eversince they launched this CLA, seems like C180 now comes with better specs? Anyway, maybe C180 way too common now and it comes in 1.6L, people might treat it as B&B car liao? C180 like as common as altis. Lol.

Edited by 13177

Recently I believe the number on e road has dropped. A lot had sold their c180. Think most have shift to the glc models or the Lexus sedans
  • Praise 1

Recently I believe the number on e road has dropped. A lot had sold their c180. Think most have shift to the glc models or the Lexus sedans

Why they sold their c180 le?

Maybe last time C180 consider barebones? But eversince they launched this CLA, seems like C180 now comes with better specs? Anyway, maybe C180 way too common now and it comes in 1.6L, people might treat it as B&B car liao? C180 like as common as altis. Lol.

North of 150k at least for c180. Barebones to a manager? Depends if you’re mgr of a sch or a fund mgr...

Why they sold their c180 le?

How I know wor. I went sgcarmart and there’s tons of them there. Have your pick.

Back to topic, CLA is always a chio option but backseat cannot go in one. So it suits a certain crowd whom love the coupe option with the doors.

Ya agreed c180 another of the entry level premium cars which is good value for money, solid build n good drive. Admittedly when it first came out, local AD didn’t install driver memory seats which was disappointing to say the least but it has since been rectified n so now it has this feature.

Back to CLA n like what bro Fuelsaver mentioned, the sloping roofline makes for a tight headroom but then again it’s a coupe afterall so u can’t have it both ways. I suppose if u want a proper saloon then c class is the better choice but it costs at least $20k more.

• Praise 5

North of 150k at least for c180. Barebones to a manager? Depends if you’re mgr of a sch or a fund mgr...

How I know wor. I went sgcarmart and there’s tons of them there. Have your pick.

Back to topic, CLA is always a chio option but backseat cannot go in one. So it suits a certain crowd whom love the coupe option with the doors.

maybe suit those with young family, 1 kid only, or couple without kid, ideally 2+2 car

will be tough to fit 3 in the back

i think C class was in top 5 best selling models last year, topped by vezel

maybe suit those with young family, 1 kid only, or couple without kid, ideally 2+2 car

will be tough to fit 3 in the back

i think C class was in top 5 best selling models last year, topped by vezel

Yup but most of them are in e second hand market now. Dunno y also.

Good post, fully agreed!

I m 1 of those who don’t eat humble pie.

When it is shit car, it is shit car to me.

I didn’t shove it down your throat.

I m 1 of those who don’t eat humble pie.

When it is shit car, it is shit car to me.

I didn’t shove it down your throat.

So u one of the guilty ones?

Not too late to change u know, well at least u know u r not humble.

That’s a good start n as for shit car, that’s your opinion n your true colours are now out for all to see

• Praise 5

So u one of the guilty ones?

Not too late to change u know, well at least u know u r not humble.

That’s a good start n as for shit car, that’s your opinion n your true colours are now out for all to see

Edited by Davidtch
↡ Advertisement