Are station wagons making a come back with sedans fading?

DACH

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree that station wagons are coming back with falling sales of sedans?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

GSi-auch-als-Kombi-644x363-955d6cd2e6d1b

Drove the hatch version in Australia. Engine (2.0T) is smooth but got to Rev to it going (not much low end torque) compared to Wowo 2.5T. Ride is a lot less floaty than old Wowo.

This fact seems lost on many drivers. I see so many slow down so much for road hump, machiam driving ferrari with low ground clearance..

i drive a regular sedan and go slow over hump, cos whenever i go fast over hump, my wife  [furious]  [furious]  [furious]

• Praise 1

Yeah. Sadly they don't come up with frameless door Legacy anymore.

The subsequent models went a step ahead...to look hideous.

Yes indeed. Subaru designer said the frameless door had no more design evolution (Is it? Think they just lack of creativity). They decided to go main stream and there goes one of the most stand out design (frameless door) of Subaru.

Judging from this trend, who says there is no market for wagons?

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 1

Used to drive Subaru Legacy GT wagon.

Didn't find a good alternative since then. But if chance arise, yes, I will change back to a station wagon again.

Here's the old horse

post-111352-0-47303000-1547177810_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 9

I loved the wagons I had as a second car. Very practical for moving dogs, plants, furniture when shifting homes. I bought BnB types like Lancer and i40 wagon so that less heart pain when get scratched from loading furniture. 

When I down sized to just 1 car, I wanted first the Legacy GT wagon and E250 wagon. My kids disagreed and said too "uncle". My next car will we a "hot" wagon as I am now well into "uncle" territory. 

Downsides of a wagon : Air-con not as cold, as must cool even the luggage area. Stuff rolls around unless tied down. If the tarpaulin is not pulled, boot contents visible and tempt thieves to smash glass. Under hard breaking, stuff from boot comes into cabin unless install grills behind rear seats.

• Praise 1

audi and Volvo both have pretty nice wagon, and mini clubman is a smaller version of wagon.

Volvo v90 polestar has the right size

What's a mid sized wagon? Mz6 wagon?

Yup but the mz6 is a cramped mid size sedan.

The wagon also doesn't have much space inside. If not i would have bought it in 2015.

In fact your average compact sedan interior space is comparable. 

Design swee but i won't bother in SG whereby cars need to cater to the whole family.

Every car they design has probably class lousiest rear cabin legroom.

U need to be short to drive or use a mazda.

went with a friend to ikea (KL)

post-111352-0-72331400-1547182073_thumb.jpeg

loaded all without issue, with back seats folded down.

post-111352-0-14036700-1547182091_thumb.jpeg

fortunately the garden furniture set (1 table + 4 chairs) he also wanted was out of stock [laugh]

I have bungee cords for tying down stuff and rubber mats for keeping them from shifting.

• Praise 3

audi and Volvo both have pretty nice wagon, and mini clubman is a smaller version of wagon.

Volvo v90 polestar has the right size

saw some picture v60 cc online, well proportion and muscular looking, though smaller

probably coming to sg mid of the year

another one i like is A4 allroad, too bad not in Sg

• Praise 1

I ever transported washing machine plus dryer at the same time in mine....

Power! I transported these heavy stools already hey hey chuan.

post-163127-0-46551100-1547184372_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mersaylee
  • Praise 2

I had a Volvo V70. I like estate car. Will get again if price is right.

With the new Volvo S60 launching here soon, hopefully the V60 will come as well for you.  [laugh]

V90 maybe a bit too ex. 

SW are quite popular in Australia and NZ Norway/Sweden  where distances are far apart unlike us with supermarket around the corner 

n they do lots of DIY (home improvement)-so lots of large objects to carry around there so a SW is a must have and also for camping is good... can sit at the back with doors open for what not things to be able to be done

I usually go for hatchback or SW when there; makes putting in/ lugging out bags easy

This month TS can get thread of the month  :a-m1212:  ..... can share share    :a-happy:  

In Australia, this is dupe.  :grin:

ge4675591173737047091.jpg

CLA SB sacrifices too much space for style. It is closer to a hatchback than wagon.

How about CLS SB?

Subaru Outback is interesting. Body is like a wagon, but with the ground clearance of a Forester.

It's a wagon version of the Legacy with jacked up suspension.

Like the Audi A6 Allroad and Volvo XC70 crosscountry.

volvocrosscountry_750_500_70.jpg

audi_a6_allroad.jpg

• Praise 1