• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
94 replies to this topic | 540 praises

Poll: Are station wagons making a come back with sedans fading? (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree that station wagons are coming back with falling sales of sedans?

1. Yes (12 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

2. No (23 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Maybe (11 votes [23.91%])

Percentage of vote: 23.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:33 PM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looking at these photos of the loads in the boot of their wagons, reminds me when my home washing machine was transported in a Corolla wagon from the shop to my home. Simply impressive.

The Corolla wagons and vans of the 80’s /90’s were very popular Cos can enter CBD - FOC no need display coupons as treated as goods vehicles ..... many small time Towkays did that bought them and then Govt 👀 eyes opened as usual
Carbon82 praised this

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Oh, I will either choose big, medium, compact whatever MPV or Saloon car lor.

MPV and Wagon or SUV  is about same size but only 5 seater lor, a bit wasteful lor.  MPV is 7 seaters and option to become a wagon lor.

I don't know why people like SUV.

Then if no need MPV liao, then a compact saloon car will do lor ...... 

MPV looks Mumsy

SUV looks Sporty.

BobbyTan_74287 praised this

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:30 AM

Mr_b20
  • Mr_b20
    6th Gear
    Author Image

MPV looks Mumsy
SUV looks Sporty.

Are you serious?
SUV are sporty? Corner slightly faster abit feel like toppling over... my god...

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:56 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Are you serious?
SUV are sporty? Corner slightly faster abit feel like toppling over... my god...

There is a difference between looking sporty and sporty. Nothing to do with god.

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not all SUVs looks sporty

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:48 PM

SZ_ford
  • SZ_ford
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Are you serious?

Ya thats my thought as well. But i have heard how good porsche macan and jag fpace handle and corner.

Not sure how true. Never driven one

There is a difference between looking sporty and sporty. Nothing to do with god.

I guess u mean suv are rugged and masculine looking

Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Not all SUVs looks sporty

At least more SUVs look sporty compared to MPV. Remember, the original question is why people choose SUV over MPV.

Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

NightStalker_za
  • NightStalker_za
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

My dream wagon:

RS6-mit-mehr-als-600-PS-644x363-b1130949

This is sooo beautiful!!!... so much drool for this car

https://www.youtube....nightstalker_za

Youtube creator in my spare time,
Car Fanatic,

Current Car:
2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSi DSG

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

Didu
  • Didu
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

This is what I was driving in early 90s. It's a Toyota Tercel wagon. We got stuck in the parking lot one icy morning until I drop into 4x4. Off we went. [nod] 2 extra driving wheels really makes a difference. [thumbsup]

toyota%2Btercel%2B4WD.jpg

DACH and Silver_blade praised this

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

Didu
  • Didu
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Cost is also another.

Manufacturer seem to position the pricing this way for various variants based on similar platforms: Sedan < Wagon < SUV < SLC

eg. C-class sedan < C-class Wagon < GLC < SLC

No direct correlation to the manufacturing cost as much as I can see....

Below are some recent pricing comparisons from SGcarmart price lists(in alphebatical order):
Audi A4 Sedan 2.0 TFSI $176,846
Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI $178,665

Hyundai i30 5D  $95,999
Hyundai i30 Wagon $100,999

Mazda6 2.5L Sedan Premium $137,300
Mazda6 2.5L Wagon Premium $137,300

Mercedes E250 Avantgarde $263,888
Mercedes E250 Estate Avantgarde $283,888

Mini Cooper S 5D $166,888
Mini Cooper S Clubman $159,888

Opel Astra Hatchback 1.4A Turbo  $107,777
Opel Astra Sports Tourer 1.4A Turbo $109,777

Seat Leon 5D  $94,900
Seat Leon Sport Tourer $97,900

Volvo S90 T6  $242,000
Volvo V90 T6 R-Design $245,000

VW Golf Comfortline 1.4 TSI $99,900
VW Golf Variant R-Line 1.4 TSI $128,400

Lala81 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted Yesterday, 07:10 PM

Wolfverine
  • Premium member
    Wolfverine
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

RS6 has always been one of the better looking wagon available in Singapore. For lesser moola, I will go with the RS4.

My dream wagon:

RS6-mit-mehr-als-600-PS-644x363-b1130949

Posted Yesterday, 08:03 PM

SZ_ford
  • SZ_ford
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

RS6 has always been one of the better looking wagon available in Singapore. For lesser moola, I will go with the RS4.

Agree. Rs4 looks mean, especially is nardo grey.

Btw is this a real pic of rs6?

Posted Yesterday, 08:11 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Agree. Rs4 looks mean, especially is nardo grey.

Btw is this a real pic of rs6?

It does show RS6 at the bottom left of the picture when tap on.

Posted Yesterday, 08:19 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

With the new Volvo S60 launching here soon, hopefully the V60 will come as well for you.  [laugh]

V90 maybe a bit too ex. 

Shall see. V90 will be too large for me now. I had the V70 previously cos I used to go on driving holiday with my family, their luggage and 2 large dogs. Now we either have luggage for holiday in M'sia or 2 large dogs.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 PM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I like this one  [inlove]  :wub:  MKT wagon

2018_lincoln_mkt_wagon_reserve_rq_oem_1_

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: station wagons, sedans, car types and 6 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users