Varta battery without the brand name on the battery

Tok

recommended by the local Varta battery distributor to two shops in the west.

one shop offered me a varta battery of the capacity i wanted but the battery has no indication of the Varta brand on the body.

It has a BMW marked on the body presumably it is used on BMW car but mine is not a BMW but the capacity is suitable for my car.

the battery does not come in a box as most new batteries do.

it is wrapped in cellophane plastic.  It looks very much like a new battery to me.

the boss said is a new battery and it just came in a few days ago.

he said could check the barcode but when I scanned the barcode the search ended with no result

can this be a new battery as the shop is recommended by the local varta distributor

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Send the image of the bar code and reciept to Varta Agent ....and battery image ....too .... I would just do that immediately

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 4

one shop offered me a varta battery of the capacity i wanted but the battery has no indication of the Varta brand on the body.

It has a BMW marked on the body presumably it is used on BMW car but mine is not a BMW but the capacity is suitable for my car.

it is wrapped in cellophane plastic.  It looks very much like a new battery to me.

he said could check the barcode but when I scanned the barcode the search ended with no result

can this be a new battery as the shop is recommended by the local varta distributor

Price.?

it is wrapped in cellophane plastic. It looks very much like a new battery to me.

BMW does OEM Varta battery and they relabel it as BMW with their own part number. Other than label, the battery look exactly similar to Varta.

Daimler does the same for Mercedes, they used Bosch and but they leave the Bosch logo there.

Edited by Ct3833

The local Varta distributor confirmed that the battery installed on my car is not Varta but a Banner brand,

Both are AGM batteries but I wonder if there is any significant difference in quality.

The boss is agreeable to change for me to a Varta without any top up.

The Banner is stated as 90Ah  900A (EN),  160 RC 900 CCA (SAE)

The Varta is stated as 95Ah, CCA 850 A.

My car previous battery is 90Ah, CCA 850A.

Would either of these battery be compatible with my old battery.

Thanks.

• Praise 1

The local Varta distributor confirmed that the battery installed on my car is not Varta but a Banner brand,

Both are AGM batteries but I wonder if there is any significant difference in quality.

The boss is agreeable to change for me to a Varta without any top up.

The Banner is stated as 90Ah 900A (EN), 160 RC 900 CCA (SAE)

The Varta is stated as 95Ah, CCA 850 A.

My car previous battery is 90Ah, CCA 850A.

Would either of these battery be compatible with my old battery.

Thanks.

CCA defines how long a battery can withstand cold cranking at zero degree c. In a hot weather climate here, our car can get started easily, the CCA figure is therefore nearly irrelevant.

95ah vs 90ah rating is not very far off, 95ah means you can switch off the car engine and use your battery for electrical/electronics device slightly longer than a 90ah.in reality we dont stretch our battery to the limit, so it is fine too.

• Praise 3

CCA defines how long a battery can withstand cold cranking at zero degree c. In a hot weather climate here, our car can get started easily, the CCA figure is therefore nearly irrelevant.

95ah vs 90ah rating is not very far off, 95ah means you can switch off the car engine and use your battery for electrical/electronics device slightly longer than a 90ah.in reality we dont stretch our battery to the limit, so it is fine too.

Thank you. very easy to understand.

↡ Advertisement