Local Loh Kean Yew Stuns Lin Dan in Badminton Finals

Hoseyboh

Hope they build more indoor courts. Booking a badminton court in Singapore is quite a pain.

In Malaysia, I remember some schools open their badminton courts to the public during the weekend. At the same time, collect some $$ for school upkeeping. 

there are plenty courts in singapore liao, i think more than any place in the world  [laugh]

CC, sport complex, school hall (on weekend), it is the timing that everyone play in the evening and weekend, day time usually quite easy.

Not sure how many of you watched the full match.

What is more amazing is that he beat Lin Dan in a straight game.  Previously, Lin Dan's games in Quarterfinal and semifinal were all into 3 sets.

Actually can tell that in the 2nd game, Lin Dan started to be slow and imprecise. You simply cannot beat physical limitation when comes to age. Reflexes are slower and every move takes more energy than usual. Of course, LKY is in outstanding physical shape to begin with and his superior reflexes simply overcomes the experience of Lin Dan

LKY should go far if given the right tournaments, sponsorship and training

LKY also had 3 games each in quarter and semi, beating both players higher ranking than him.

Lin Dan is not there to win, he play as a pacer to motivate younger player. He is not like LCW who go out to win, LD is more of a mentor that let other plays trying to beat him and he dun mind losing.

Supercharged

Hope they build more indoor courts. Booking a badminton court in Singapore is quite a pain.

In Malaysia, I remember some schools open their badminton courts to the public during the weekend. At the same time, collect some $$ for school upkeeping. 

yeah, you also play badminton?

i used to host but gave up.. too challenging to compete for a court.

the school halls on weekend, are under activesg, should you wish to lodge any complain. 

like i did recently, the courts are too dusty and lack of mops

Edited by Kurty

For someone so young with such wonderful technical skills. he has a bright future ahead of him. Let's see how he fare with the top 10 players in the upper elite league or supper series

Not sure how many of you watched the full match.

What is more amazing is that he beat Lin Dan in a straight game.  Previously, Lin Dan's games in Quarterfinal and semifinal were all into 3 sets.

Actually can tell that in the 2nd game, Lin Dan started to be slow and imprecise. You simply cannot beat physical limitation when comes to age. Reflexes are slower and every move takes more energy than usual. Of course, LKY is in outstanding physical shape to begin with and his superior reflexes simply overcomes the experience of Lin Dan

LKY should go far if given the right tournaments, sponsorship and training

i saw some chinese commented that LD still playing cos of local sponcership.

if he retire he will lose alot of income,

Seen some big groups block book the popular timings for entire weeks/months ....   [knife]

most of the CC have 2-3 courts and i only see they can block book one and the other for the public. You need to be fast hand fast finger to log in online when they open, 80% will be gone within 15min.

I know some regular ex-national players (retirees) also have to do that regardless of their past status. Hence you won't get a fixed location and usually play all over the island. Best is to join a big coys / association /  safra / civil service/ etc. that have their own facilities.

• Praise 1

i saw some chinese commented that LD still playing cos of local sponcership.

if he retire he will lose alot of income,

that is why he didn't bother to play so hard, the winning prize is only a fraction of his sponsored income.

• Praise 2

A very very small fraction. Not enough for one wild night in Beijing. [laugh]

zhao_yaqi_main.png

I think they are not the "official block book", some of these big groups just get a lot of people to book all the timings. Probably like you say fast hand fast finger, and got a lot of members to do it.

For a moment, I thought it was LD cross dressing.. or is it?

• Praise 5

Ah boy now world no 71.

Jia yu.

It is a major achievement. But the road is long and tough, as one gets higher the ranking, the more competitive and challenging it will be. The demand of physical fitness and consistancy in his skills and play will be a big big challenge . A lot of determination, discipline and endurance are required. Wishing him success in his badminton career .
  • Praise 3

I feel it's worth celebrating and proud... Even if LD is in poor form, LKY is far lower rank than him and LKY won in straight set despite LD leading.

Of course we should be proud of his achievement. How many players got chance to play against LD in semi hor. But he also must know he is still a distance from the top group.

For LD, if he continues to slides, sponsors also run away if they don't find value. Sometimes it is not winning then got sponsors, fans club and ability to generate attention more important.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

guess who did i saw yesterday,

was lucky to have a few photos with him before he continue his training.

post-47635-0-09615200-1548899401_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4