• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic | 140 praises

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:39 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Man taken to hospital for burns after power bank explodes in his pocket at Bedok hawker centre

A man was taken to hospital on Friday evening (Jan 11) after suffering burns from a power bank, which had exploded in his pocket.

The middle-aged man at Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre burnt his palm when he reached into his pocket to remove the device, reported Chinese-language daily Lianhe Wanbao.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force said it responded to a call at about 6.40pm at Block 209 New Upper Changi Road.

The man, who is in his 40s, was taken to Changi General Hospital.

Ms Wendy Hong, 60, told The Straits Times that she was having her dinner when she heard a commotion, with several diners standing up, surrounding the injured man.

"There was a thick, grey smoke, and I could also smell a very strong stench of burning chemicals," said the part-timer who works in the clothing industry.

Passers-by helped to put ice on his hand, wrapping it up with plastic food wrap.

"His face was screwed up - it was clear he was in a lot of pain," she added, noting that the ambulance arrived shortly.

Photos given to Lianhe Wanbao show the badly burnt and melted remains of the power bank on the hawker centre floor, as well as a large frayed hole in the man's back pocket.

Duck rice stall assistant Huang Jia Qiang told Lianhe Wanbao that he heard a small explosion, in addition to the smell of something burning.

He said that the man had been using his phone while eating, with the phone connected to the power bank in his pocket at the same time.
yq-c2-12012019.jpg?itok=pkd8lcq-&timesta

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:11 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

he lose to Pokemon [laugh]
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:14 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Lucky he never put in his

front pants pocket.

It won't only be his fingers that got burnt.  [thumbsup]

:D

yq-c2-12012019.jpg?itok=pkd8lcq-&timesta

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

waiting for more details on this, hopefully from the authorities, with some explanation on why like that...

this is worrying news... Do we need stricter guidelines on this (power banks), since they can explode?

Jamesc, Dleodleo and Tianmo praised this

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:26 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah need more details on what brand it is.

My MIL always complaining hand phone no batt.

Thaiyotakamli, Atrecord and RH1667 praised this

that pollute the earth

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:33 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

CNY coming, perfect gift :D

How i wish i can show this post to your MIL [grin]
Jamesc and BanCoe praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

power bank + Scoot ticket  ... very good combination ... sure huat ...  [sly]

Jamesc praised this
focus

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:28 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You always have great ideas to gift your MIL.  [laugh]

Jamesc praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:57 PM

chryst
  • Premium member
    chryst
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have a power bank that short circuits the house. Also emits sparks if you press on it.

Give to you as present? Happy advanced Valentine’s Day, cyber gf.

PS: if you don’t need this give please feel free to regift it to someone who deserves it more.
Jamesc and BanCoe praised this
friday is my second favourite f word.

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:00 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have a power bank that short circuits the house. Also emits sparks if you press on it.

Give to you as present? Happy advanced Valentine’s Day, cyber gf.

PS: if you don’t need this give please feel free to regift it to someone who deserves it more.

Thanks cyber gf.

It will be absolutely perfect for my MIL.  [thumbsup]

that pollute the earth

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:19 AM

chryst
  • Premium member
    chryst
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks cyber gf.

It will be absolutely perfect for my MIL. [thumbsup]

I hope she will be blown away by your gift.
friday is my second favourite f word.

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:24 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

waiting for more details on this, hopefully from the authorities, with some explanation on why like that...

this is worrying news... Do we need stricter guidelines on this (power banks), since they can explode?

it is why one is not allowed to check in any power bank together with luggage when taking a flight. At least if he brings it with him , if a power bank explodes, people could still manage it in the cabin. If it explodes in the cargo compartment, the whole airplane will be in serious serious trouble.

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:26 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I hope she will be blown away by your gift.

I am sure she will be.

She knows I love her to bits.

SiLangKia, Blueray and chryst praised this

that pollute the earth

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

lithium ion batteries are infamous for catching fire and exploding.

and that includes power banks.

do be careful when you're around these devices.

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:57 PM

Wind30
  • Wind30
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Why is this under mans hobby?

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Simple lesson. Charging don't play handphone. Play handphone don't charge.
Yeshe praised this

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

Kklee
  • Kklee
    6th Gear
    Author Image

IMHO.

Looks like Li-Po type rather than the 18650s Li-Ion.

Each 18650 cell is individually protected by its own casing.

Li-Po usually comes in flat packaging thus the design of the case is important.

If For Li-Po,  the design of the casing is important.

Anything in the back pocket may just bent.

P.S.  if search hard enough,  maybe able to decipher the lettering on pouch.    [cool]

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

P.S.  if search hard enough,  maybe able to decipher the lettering on pouch.    [cool]

closest i can find ...

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:15 PM

WangWang888
  • Premium member
    WangWang888
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Where you want your mil to put the power bank? Think may need to get her at least 3 power banks. 2 top, 1 btm 😁

Edited by WangWang888, 16 January 2019 - 11:17 PM.

SiLangKia and Jamesc praised this

Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:29 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Simple lesson. Charging don't play handphone. Play handphone don't charge.

One of my friend likes to do this all the time.

I scared one day he really kena. 

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Back to Men's Hobby  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: power bank, explodes, pocket and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users