Johor Bahru-Singapore RTS link

Blueray

Supersonic
(edited)

if KTM runs at 15mins interval

KTM CIQ will jam like siao

it’s no jam now because KTM runs at almost 1 train per hour with limited seats

the problem is not whether the seat is pre-booked or not

if RTS or KTM runs at 15mins interval ...

the CIQ cannot clear fast enough before the next train arrive

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

if KTM runs at 15mins interval

KTM CIQ will jam like siao

it’s no jam now because KTM runs at almost 1 train per hour with limited seats

the problem is not whether the seat is pre-booked or not

if RTS or KTM runs at 15mins interval ...

the CIQ cannot clear fast enough before the next train arrive

yup and also have to consider how people travel to the RTS station and how they carry on to their destination after crossing over (for both directions).

both countries will need to up the local mass transport capabilities.

It all depends on how ICA/LTA and their MY friends implement the ticketing and clearance. You can let passengers book their train in advance, online or through booths, so there is limited seat/volume per train, once fully booked they have to get on the next train. So it's not like MRT, more like HSR/Shinkansen but allowing standing passengers. This way you can effectively manage human traffic. Only those with ticket for the next train can clear immigration/customs and get on the platform.

Don't just think it's like buses or MRT.

actually, why not just build one looooooong travellator like those in the airports?

ok ownself answer ownself… RTS can do higher frequency trips during peak hours n reduced frequency during off peak hours.

but... travellator also can mah? say switch on 100% vs switch on for 20min every hour LOL

anyway I think the bottle neck will be immigration/customs clearance, and then the pre/post border crossing transport.

Sultan knows his tricks lah

Give back the land. Then crooked doc declare bo lui to build RTS. Then give the land to a Bersatu crony to build condo n the whole gang takes a 10% cut from the deal. Usual story

Ya lor......the previous gov had given the Sultan the land as a replacement for the Sultan's land that was developed for the rakyat that were displaced during the building of the current Custom and Immigration complex in the bukit chagar area.

Bukit Chagar in the 90s was a rundown public housing with tenants mostly from the lower strata. The gov had taken the land and build new apartments for them with land acquired from the Sultan without monetary exchange after the land swop.

Turbocharged
(edited)

I only happy if at least go up all the way to Penang.

Phuket even.

Let that guy be caught in a jam with a full bladder with no plastic bag.

Edited by Datsun366

Twincharged

I only happy if at least go up all the way to Penang.

Phuket even.

Let that guy be caught in a jam with a full bladder with no plastic bag.

If it goes up to Penang, then public commuters got to alight to pee too.

Supersonic
(edited)

Can't blame you for being sceptical with efficiency.

Most of the bus and walking travellers and a good part of bikers (those going to work in restaurants, factories) should convert to RTS if they price it competitively with good connectivity. If not, then it will be a white elephant.

Contractors, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, and such will continue to drive or ride if got to carry tools, barang barang.

Actualli hor, if just 30% of msian workers realli abandon their bikes n take RTS in and hop onto MRT at Woodlands North, the morning peak hour MRT will be unbearable

So better save our own $$ n dun build better. Just improve the frequency of the KTM train from CIQ can liao

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Haha .. Thomson Line is already being built wor. Either way money has been spent. :XD:

Yes. The Thomson line is already there. Without significant traffic from Woodlands North, its going to be underutilised as the NS corridor density is limited due to sembawang airbase and the multiple camps from nee soon camp onwards.

Actualli hor, if just 30% of msian workers realli abandon their bikes n take RTS in and hop onto MRT at Woodlands North, the morning peak hour MRT will be unbearable

So better save our own $$ n dun build better. Just improve the frequency of the KTM train from CIQ can liao

They been running this train for so many years. The last time I take is 19 years ago. I doubt anything has changed in that time lol

Supersonic

Yes. The Thomson line is already there. Without significant traffic from Woodlands North, its going to be underutilised as the NS corridor density is limited due to sembawang airbase and the multiple camps from nee soon camp onwards.

They been running this train for so many years. The last time I take is 19 years ago. I doubt anything has changed in that time lol

LTA can mothball these stations. They've been giving excuses in the past that ridership too low at certain stations so no point opening. If it ain't sardine packed, it ain't worth opening...

Hypersonic

LTA can mothball these stations. They've been giving excuses in the past that ridership too low at certain stations so no point opening. If it ain't sardine packed, it ain't worth opening...

Yup. But residents will want it to open. Depends on their MP vs LTA vs SMRT.

The bt timah line, think there's one station not open yet at Hume also.

But u can't mothball the whole line lol.

I think he is not forgetful, but, vengeful! He is playing his old broken records again and again! [thumbsdown]

Ya.....he has too much hatred and thats what is keeping him going. When he first made himself a candidate i was silently supporting him but then he went on and on about Najib alleged misdeeds......i started to have 2nd thought. He said he was a changed man but then seeing Najib house being raided in the middle of the night, his mothers home ransacked for evidence just proved he didnt change. Now the royalties are in his cross-hairs and he had the gall to call himself Duli Yang Maha Mulia Mahathir Mohammad....eventhough in jest....it speaks a lot about his character and selfish motives.

Ya lor......the previous gov had given the Sultan the land as a replacement for the Sultan's land that was developed for the rakyat that were displaced during the building of the current Custom and Immigration complex in the bukit chagar area.

Bukit Chagar in the 90s was a rundown public housing with tenants mostly from the lower strata. The gov had taken the land and build new apartments for them with land acquired from the Sultan without monetary exchange after the land swop.

Good deal for him? The devil really is in the details but now he is voluntarily giving back the RTS land for free. Very good move to show he is a people's sultan and to prempt Mathathir's next move. Brilliant.

Good deal for him? The devil really is in the details but now he is voluntarily giving back the RTS land for free. Very good move to show he is a people's sultan and to prempt Mathathir's next move. Brilliant.

not sure whether its a good deal or not? He gave up 2 plot of land along the EDL (can see the flats on the right if you driving towards Pandan) for 5 plot....not sure whether its bigger or equal than those he gave up.

But one thing for sure the Sultan has his heart for his people....can see even before he was still the tmj....always among the commoners on bikes, bus or village tours. Now atok and his protege are trying hard to discredit him and his heir apparent.

Supersonic

not sure whether its a good deal or not? He gave up 2 plot of land along the EDL (can see the flats on the right if you driving towards Pandan) for 5 plot....not sure whether its bigger or equal than those he gave up.

But one thing for sure the Sultan has his heart for his people....can see even before he was still the tmj....always among the commoners on bikes, bus or village tours. Now atok and his protege are trying hard to discredit him and his heir apparent.

IF there is a way or clause provided in the Constitution that Johore state can break away from the Federation, i guess its moving towards this aim but now preparing the ground so that there will be least resistance from its own ppl, most of all.

The urgency is probably due to Dr M also coming down hard on what he sees as "lobangs" given to the royalty to benefit the most from so many projects in the pipeline but now choked with "stop orders or delay orders" citing insufficient funds.

The doors for overseas investors esp China changed pin numbers to digital locks of housing projects amongst the rails etc.

Frankly, at one point, i felt that Najib was also selling Malaysia piece by piece in exchange for more upfront cash. Obviously, it was just a personal feeling and not based on any evidence or facts per se. My disclaimer

• Praise 1

(edited)

IF there is a way or clause provided in the Constitution that Johore state can break away from the Federation, i guess its moving towards this aim but now preparing the ground so that there will be least resistance from its own ppl, most of all.

The urgency is probably due to Dr M also coming down hard on what he sees as "lobangs" given to the royalty to benefit the most from so many projects in the pipeline but now choked with "stop orders or delay orders" citing insufficient funds.

The doors for overseas investors esp China changed pin numbers to digital locks of housing projects amongst the rails etc.

Frankly, at one point, i felt that Najib was also selling Malaysia piece by piece in exchange for more upfront cash. Obviously, it was just a personal feeling and not based on any evidence or facts per se. My disclaimer

post-60339-0-31952200-1557044466_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Evillusion

LKY way of dealing with Bolehland must be Black and white, nothing less, Kudos to VivieBala following his protocol.

Land and water not only 2 main issues,  thy can dig up old agreement and wayang again and again, So long as LaoMA is sticking around the corner, we can't close one eye, pls learn your lesson well and don't give and take.

Ideally allow Sultan of Johore settle all land returning and safeguard their interest then sit down and talk on RTS proposal step by step. Im sure there are many traps and hidden agenda with both sides agree to make ways for smooth transition.

Hopefully, by the end of the year, we pray Johore Bahru and Singapore can come to a fruition on agreeing on the TRS link, anyway majority of Singapore MRT line are 90% + operational and readiness, it over to them to take advantage of it.

Supersonic

May or may not solve congestion, I agree. Most of the congestion is due to vehicular traffic. You ask these people to take to take RTS, but then what do they do when reach the terminal station? Still need their vehicle to travel to their exact destination. So for those using their bikes to commute, will still find it convenient to stick to their bikes in spite of the jam.

As for singaporeans crossing over for grocery shopping etc. not convenient to use RTS too as need their vehicles to transport shopping or go further out from JB.

The RTS is only attractive option to those who travel by cross-causeway bus nowadays.

Yes, i actually thought RTS will reach more areas where shopping is popular with us, similar to our network of MRTs. Looks like i am wrong.

Then yes, likely the traffic jams may still be there but perhaps reduced slightly or significantly depending on how many decide to give up their bikes or cars and take this instead.

But Singaporean family shoppers may still continue to drive in. Convenience is a big thing with most of us

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1