SPOILER ALERT: We're in the ENDGAME now

ChaosMyth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA6hldpSTF8

Trailer released Dec 7 2018. This deserves a thread of its own because it's gonna be the biggest movie of 2019!

Avengers 4 has now been officially titled Avengers: Endgame. The official Avengers 4 trailer revealed the title at the end, thus confirming one of the longest held beliefs that the title of the final Avengers movie (at least in its current incarnation) would be Endgame, a word that was last spoken by Doctor Strange in Avengers: Infinity War.

The only reason that theories moved on from Endgame is because it the Russos Brothers had previously said the title of Avengers 4 wouldn't be something that was spoken in Infinity War, even though the title made the most sense. It represented the final arc for the core Avengers and their journey to defeat Thanos. Plus, it would confirm the popular Doctor Strange theory that says he saw the one reality in which they ultimately win against Thanos, and that it required him to give Thanos the Time Stone to wipe out half of all life in the universe. Unfortunately, Doctor Strange isn't around (yet) to help out with defeating Thanos, so the remaining Avengers as well as other superheroes in the world will have to go it on their own.

It was previously rumored that Avengers 4 would be titled Annihilation, but that didn't pan out. Endgame is a much better title that works into the very fabric of the overarching story, and it has a greater meaning, not to mention providing audiences with hope that the Avengers will defeat Thanos seeing as Doctor Strange knew this would happen all along.

Edited by ChaosMyth
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Internal Moderator

Watched an interview of the Russo brothers on Endgame. And the interviewer asked if they could pick 3 Marvel movies for fans to watch before Endgame is out, which 3. And they mentioned Civil War, because the events of Civil War were kinda the reason Thanos defeated the Avengers in Infinity War, then Winter Soldier and lastly Infinity War itself.

Gonna movie marathon before watching Endgame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLfKgylPkm4

• Praise 1

I'll be organising a watch all the past episodes thing at my place..

i.v caffeine over the Good Friday weekend.... yeah !

@lala81 - jio you... ha - will provide N95 masks, ginseng and other tonics...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

i have not watched captain marvel (not chio enough like WW). is it a must to watch it before Endgame?

Not a "must", but it definitely provides some background on the connection between Cpt Marvel and Nick Fury, esp the pager used to page Cpt Marvel at the end of Infinity War.

i have not watched captain marvel (not chio enough like WW). is it a must to watch it before Endgame?

• Praise 1

The key points of this sequel to Infinity War will be.... who survived, how many superheroes left, and who is the one who kill Thanos.

that's why must watch Day One or the spoilers will come out hahaha

↡ Advertisement