Lancer ex 1.6 can't accelerate

Han7407

Recently my car having this issue that it can't accerelate pass 40km/H and I have to release the pedal and step again in order to move and after a few minute I will cut off again, and this happen only on raining day, towded to C&C to have a check and the answer they gave me was my led taillamp resistor was cut away? And they said I had change the taillamp, I told the guy this led taillamp was original from C&C for 2016 model lancer ex, the issue is I been driving for the pass 1 year plus and this issue happen right after I service with them in December 2018, I didn't even touch my taillamp before how could the resistor cut away and the insisted me to change the whole taillamp for $800 plus in order not to have the same problem again, what I am not happy is about they accuse me for cutting it away, any bro can advise me what should I do? I am really lost for now

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I think it's a gearbox issue and nothing to do with tail lights.

It's like you got stomach ache and the doctor says to cure it you need a circumcision.

$800 for a resistor? Ask them if it's made of gold.

Do you look innocent that they think they can makan you and go for seconds?

Make yourself look tougher.

Get some tattoos. The bubble gum ones that are not permanent will do.

:D

• Praise 3

Recently my car having this issue that it can't accerelate pass 40km/H and I have to release the pedal and step again in order to move and after a few minute I will cut off again, and this happen only on raining day, towded to C&C to have a check and the answer they gave me was my led taillamp resistor was cut away? And they said I had change the taillamp, I told the guy this led taillamp was original from C&C for 2016 model lancer ex, the issue is I been driving for the pass 1 year plus and this issue happen right after I service with them in December 2018, I didn't even touch my taillamp before how could the resistor cut away and the insisted me to change the whole taillamp for $800 plus in order not to have the same problem again, what I am not happy is about they accuse me for cutting it away, any bro can advise me what should I do? I am really lost for now

if your car have really been serviced by the only, then you should raise issues with them, ask to talk to their manager:

1. why the resistor is missing after servicing by them.

2, a resistor should be a separate module, there is no need to replace the lamp. Why  need to replace the lamp and how would a $5 component resistor cost $800? 

3. they should also put back the resistor for you if  the car has been serviced by them, next is after putting it back, how sure they would be that the problem would be resolved?

4. if problem persist, what is their plan B?

• Praise 1

so the main point,

did they say after doing this 800 buks repair , your car will be back to normal???

if so, then go outside ws, get a few quotation loh

Edited by Beregond

not sure about your car history, anyway have you involve in any accident before rear ended?
  • Praise 1

Acceleration problem got to do with Tail lamp resistor? I think they are pulling a fast one. Is your car still under warranty? Talk to their manager instead.

Ask them change wipers instead.  [hur]

• Praise 3

I would say the only thing I would buy from C&C are their shares. They really take care of their shareholders and aggressively keep their profit!!!

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

It originally from C&C when I got it

R u the 1st owner?

And what has the taillamp link to accelerator? Im puzzled...

But if C&C ask u to change, u can claim warranty if it’s still under 5 yrs. the only thing is... do they honour ur warranty? Did u service with them?

Last yr, which is my final warranty year, i get to change my alternator and aircon compressor under warranty with them. I am not sure why they ask u to pay if it’s under warranty.

• Praise 1

Lucky I didnt buy the lancer in 2017, cnc is really a joke.

Post on their Facebook, your car is under warranty anyway and ask them how on earth a tail lamp is related to car not being able to accelerate.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1