Lancer ex 1.6 can't accelerate

Han7407

Do note that although the LED tail lamps come factory fitted (Yes, the registration details indicated MIT Lancer 1.6 LED TAIL LAMP), it is actually fitted locally by C&C. The car was indented with normal bulbs. Look at the same YOM Lancers that are PHVs, theirs are the normal bulbs with clear housing. They bought it at a cheaper price then private owners.

If C&C says is its a tail lamp resistor problem, request them to fix it at their cost. With warranty and even installation is done by them locally, it does not make sense that owner has to pay for it.

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Let me tell you a joke.

1) Mitsubishi Colt, while driving heard helicopter sound from 60 to 90kmh.

2) Bring to c&c they diagnosed and say my passenger side FRONT wheel bearing have issue need to change. Charged my 450.

3) Pick car up. Drive home. Bloody sound is still there.

4) Next day go back to c&c. Mechanic drove my car for 30mins and test the car. say cannot diagnose the problem. Tell me may not be bearing issue need to change mount bushings. I told them wtf I loss confidence and bang table.

5) After awhile they agree to refund. Even the refund very half heart told me cannot refund full cos I paid by credit card. Miss out a few dollars. They also fixed back my old bearing.

6) drove to fren recommended workshop outside. Mechanic took only 5 minutes to Jack up my car and spin the wheels. Found its the REAR driver side wheel bearing issue, not the FRONT passenger side bearing.

7) replace with new bearing at the cost of 270.

8) drove out, problem solved.

After that I ditched my c&c warranty.

Mitsubishi cars are quite Mechanic and nothing special until only c&c can fix. I suggest you go outside service your car...

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 5

Recently my car having this issue that it can't accerelate pass 40km/H and I have to release the pedal and step again in order to move and after a few minute I will cut off again, and this happen only on raining day, towded to C&C to have a check and the answer they gave me was my led taillamp resistor was cut away? And they said I had change the taillamp, I told the guy this led taillamp was original from C&C for 2016 model lancer ex, the issue is I been driving for the pass 1 year plus and this issue happen right after I service with them in December 2018, I didn't even touch my taillamp before how could the resistor cut away and the insisted me to change the whole taillamp for $800 plus in order not to have the same problem again, what I am not happy is about they accuse me for cutting it away, any bro can advise me what should I do? I am really lost for now

Can you please clarify - 

1. Did you, or did you not change your tail lamp ? 

2. When did you buy your car ? 

3. You mentioned "past 1 year plus". What does this mean ? 1 year + after you changed tail lamp or after you got the car ? 

Of course whatever lamp has no bearing on your problem, it is super highly unlikely anyway. Maybe they are trying to find fault. But also damn weird lor .... Based on symptoms, no mechanic will ever open up the real lap cluster to check the wiring. Unless it appears in the Diagnostic Tool. 

• Praise 1

Can you please clarify -

3. You mentioned "past 1 year plus". What does this mean ? 1 year + after you changed tail lamp or after you got the car ?

Of course whatever lamp has no bearing on your problem, it is super highly unlikely anyway. Maybe they are trying to find fault. But also damn weird lor .... Based on symptoms, no mechanic will ever open up the real lap cluster to check the wiring. Unless it appears in the Diagnostic Tool.

You raise a few good points. And is TS's model a standard model?

I did a google search and found that resistors do really affect  proper function of a car, one of the frequently mentioned problem is it is affecting cruise control. 

But the mechanic still owes TS an explanation why the resistor could affect acceleration. 

Edited by Ct3833

R u the 1st owner?

And what has the taillamp link to accelerator? Im puzzled...

But if C&C ask u to change, u can claim warranty if itâs still under 5 yrs. the only thing is... do they honour ur warranty? Did u service with them?

Last yr, which is my final warranty year, i get to change my alternator and aircon compressor under warranty with them. I am not sure why they ask u to pay if itâs under warranty.

Yes brand new car, led taillamp only 1 year warranty seriously!

Can you please clarify -

Hi.. My taillamp led is originally from C&C and I have been driving for 1 year plus and they told me my resistor has been cut!
  • Praise 2

Hi.. My taillamp led is originally from C&C and I have been driving for 1 year plus and they told me my resistor has been cut!

Oh, so car is NEW from C&C. Please fight on. And don't let them off. Keep us updated.
  • Praise 1

I see. In that case, have a word with the service manager. If they are resistant to changing a new one for u, then maybe u can consider going to CASE.

C&C follow strictly by their warranty period. Exceed 1 day also cannot. I change my air con compressor on the very last day of my warranty expiry.

• Praise 1

I see. In that case, have a word with the service manager. If they are resistant to changing a new one for u, then maybe u can consider going to CASE.

C&C follow strictly by their warranty period. Exceed 1 day also cannot. I change my air con compressor on the very last day of my warranty expiry.

C&C will says your Tyres not round enough thats why cannot reach higher speed.

• Praise 2

Just curious, under what circumstances was the alternator and compressor changed? Not working or diagnosed 'weak'? Do they allowed to change it FOC under warranty even it's diagnosed as 'weak' coz it's more like wear n tear?

Edited by Johnnylim

Just curious, under what circumstances was the alternator and compressor changed? Not working or diagnosed 'weak'? Do they allowed to change it FOC under warranty even it's diagnosed as 'weak' coz it's more like wear n tear?

My alternator failed after I change battery. They change it under warranty.

My aircon has warm air blown out when on aircon of 22degrees. They change for me under warranty as well.

More brake dust makes your car go faster.

The more you brake the more your brake turns to dust.

The more dust fall out the lighter your car.

The lighter car will go faster.

:D

Cars with no brakes also stop faster.

Cars with brake stop more slowly.

Cars with no brakes always stop instantly.

Edited by Jamesc

My alternator failed after I change battery. They change it under warranty.

My aircon has warm air blown out when on aircon of 22degrees. They change for me under warranty as well.

More like your alternator failure , led to failure in charging your battery. But your mechanic wrongly diagnosed the problem and replaced the battery, he should have replaced the alternator instead.

More brake dust makes your car go faster.

The more you brake the more your brake turns to dust.

The more dust fall out the lighter your car.

The lighter car will go faster.

Cars with no brakes also stop faster.

Cars with brake stop more slowly.

Cars with no brakes always stop instantly.

Whenever I hear powerful sport car, by the time I turn my head , I only get to see dust. So faster car should have more dust. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

More like your alternator failure , led to failure in charging your battery. But your mechanic wrongly diagnosed the problem and replaced the battery, he should have replaced the alternator instead.

Whenever I hear powerful sport car, by the time I turn my head , I only get to see dust. So faster car should have more dust.

Maybe that's why they say eat my dust.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2