Aloysius Pang dies after SAF trg Ex in New Zealand

Hmsg

Twincharged

SAF has never been really safe. It's just the extent of 'errors'.

When i was in Safincos in 88, our company was having live firing in m203 range. Half way through, got mortar rounds landed about 1-2 km away from us. Our bui bui OC ran to the safety rover, was yelling over the signal set, and then immediately screamed at the whole company to run and load up tonners, and retreated to outside the range gate.

today, I officially call you buddy !!

I was SAFINCOS Alpha Coy, 1988 !!

but I halfway become lobo due to injury also.

** my coy had white horse, who halfway went to OCS also.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

dunno true or not … latest, 40 mins ago on Coconuts.

Aloysius Pang’s condition takes turn for the worse — actor who was injured in military exercise now in ICU 

Aloysius Pang’s condition has taken a turn for the worse. The local Mandarin TV actor who sustained serious injuries during an overseas military exercise had to undergo a third surgery last night and is currently warded in the intensive care unit (ICU).

In the first place how these 2 generals pass their OCS course le? If they can get lost in training ground, means their topo skills cannot make it liao, like this as an officer how to lead their men?

Are you being sarcastic or really don't know who these 2 generals are? [laugh]

anyway, those gossip i heard decades ago, was referring to only one hor.

• Praise 1

Are you being sarcastic or really don't know who these 2 generals are? [laugh]

anyway, those gossip i heard decades ago, was referring to only one hor.

:grin:

today, I officially call you buddy !!

I was SAFINCOS Alpha Coy, 1988 !!

but I halfway become lobo due to injury also.

** my coy had white horse, who halfway went to OCS also.

[thumbsup]

I was from Delta, Jun-Jul 88. yah, my platoon also got people go OCS. Dunno eventually got pass out or not...

the white horse in our platoon had a different fate. We were in support NCO course, so passed out from safincos after 9 wk with only 1 stripe (c.f. 12 wk for 2 strips for infantry NCO). Then had to spend 20 wk in combat engr NCO course to get 2nd stripe.

The white horse stayed in combat engr only 1 wk, then got transferred to signals :a-bang:

dunno true or not … latest, 40 mins ago on Coconuts.

Aloysius Pang’s condition takes turn for the worse — actor who was injured in military exercise now in ICU 

Aloysius Pang’s condition has taken a turn for the worse. The local Mandarin TV actor who sustained serious injuries during an overseas military exercise had to undergo a third surgery last night and is currently warded in the intensive care unit (ICU).

Condition has taken a turn for the worse or in critical condition, such wording is a no no. Hopefully he can pull through.

Supercharged

[thumbsup]

I was from Delta, Jun-Jul 88. yah, my platoon also got people go OCS. Dunno eventually got pass out or not...

the white horse in our platoon had a different fate. We were in support NCO course, so passed out from safincos after 9 wk with only 1 stripe (c.f. 12 wk for 2 strips for infantry NCO). Then had to spend 20 wk in combat engr NCO course to get 2nd stripe.

The white horse stayed in combat engr only 1 wk, then got transferred to signals :a-bang:

I was from safincos '86 infantry batch. Those "white horse" you called was actually quite pitiful. They were looked down upon when joining OCS half way thru.

SAF has never been really safe. It's just the extent of 'errors'.

When i was in Safincos in 88, our company was having live firing in m203 range. Half way through, got mortar rounds landed about 1-2 km away from us. Our bui bui OC ran to the safety rover, was yelling over the signal set, and then immediately screamed at the whole company to run and load up tonners, and retreated to outside the range gate.

Later on, we gathered he was screaming at Safti Ops room to allow that to happen.

Much later on, i was posted to a unit where heresay the henta kaki Support Coy OC a yr plus before that, his mortar platoon live firing calculation off a bit, the rounds all land off-target [sweatdrop]

not sure who.

but SAF record got 2 v young generals, same surnames one...

one was from arti, and the other from armour, i think.

when i was in NS, some lao-jiao regulars got joked before said one of the two every got lost in training ground, needed people go look for him [lipsrsealed]

ya when u are under stress and in a rush.

accident are bound to happen,

i remember during my aslc section movement live firing in lane.

some 1 leap n bound into the wrong lane.

got 1 ex live firing charge up a very steep hill very slipply doing live fire trench clearing, 

some 1 fall down with live round inside his m16,

if he squeeze triggle, could have kill any 1 beside....

ya when u are under stress and in a rush.

accident are bound to happen,

i remember during my aslc section movement live firing in lane.

some 1 leap n bound into the wrong lane.

got 1 ex live firing charge up a very steep hill very slipply doing live fire trench clearing, 

some 1 fall down with live round inside his m16,

if he squeeze triggle, could have kill any 1 beside....

Thats why during section movement or charging up hill, the rifle must put to safe to avoid any misfiring.

Put to safe also not entirely safe, but it's a good measure.

Nothing is 100% safe la, but this is a safety measure that must follow to avoid any accident. Even during live firing range, once the live round is loaded inside the rifle, immediately must put to safe, even the soldier is moving at all.

Really sad to know that. Praying now that he can pull through and be back on his feet again, regardless of the time needed.

As a parent, this news really sadden me whenever I thought of what my son will be going through in 2 years time. The recent series of military accidents have severely affected the trust and confidence I had towards our SAF. I am not finger pointing, but something need to be done urgently to close all the gaps.

• Praise 12

Twincharged

[thumbsup]

my batch was support also … all those who passed out went SCE also …

lucky I became lobo … coz I heard my batch who went SCE got one death during exercise also.

should be 3rd time?

Oh lagi not gd news

Cud be internal bleed still not arrested

Anyway rumors running arnd and let’s hope for the best

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Oh lagi not gd news

Cud be internal bleed still not arrested

Anyway rumors running arnd and let’s hope for the best

radio also reporting now ...

should be 3rd time?

3rd operations since last Saturday what I have read.

Disregard his celebrity status he is also somebody sin and sibling. Let everyone of us here. Hope he can pull through.

Feel for his parent.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6